aw man! im broken hearted...

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:25 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

i have to start being happy. its very much harder than it sounds.

Yep.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:27 pm
When I was in my late teens and was miserable a lot of the time, I always thought that if I just had affection and intimacy from someone I'd be happy.

Well, of course once I did meet a nice guy and got into a long-term relationship, big surprise-- I was still hugely unhappy.

I know it's hard to believe, but it really isn't likely that having a nice girlfriend to listen and sympathize would suddenly make you mr happyface. I realize now that I was in the middle of a *severe* depression when I was in my late teens--thinking that it was because I was lonely was totally off-base...it was just easier than facing the fact that I had emotional problems. Once I got into a relationship, i just had to deal with BOTH the normal difficulties of being in a relationship AND my unresolved depression. Two times the fun! Rolling Eyes

You might want to look at your less-than-happy outlook and your desire to be in a relationship as two seperate issues, you know?...try to work on your emotional stuff on your own, don't tell yourself that it'll take meeting a girl to make your life better. Being single is actually totally wonderful, if your life is on track! Honestly--having a job and a place to live of your own (especially if you have a nice pet!) and no one but you to worry about really rocks Smile I miss it!
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 02:28 pm
good advice
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:13 pm
holy CHRIST i cannot speak to her at all. everytime i pick up the phone or log on myspace i just freeze.

im scared, i havent felt scared since like middle school.

this is insanity.

oh god... im hopeless.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:30 am
OGIONIK wrote:

oh god... im hopeless.

I dont think so, and neither does most of A2K. Stop telling yourself negetive things and start some positive self talk.

Today is gonna be a good day.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:12 pm
complete and utter failure...
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 01:28 am
OGIONIK wrote:
maybe she doesnt like me..

Heh. Maybe she doesn't. You should first find out if the girl likes you before you get emotionally attached & before you start to care so much. And if she liked you, and you two have done "whatever" (that means she's not a shy girl who'd hide her true feelings from you, most likely), I think you'd know. She'd be leaving you hints or whatnot. Maybe she has been, and you missed them. Maybe she was never really interested in you that way and like most men, just had intimacy on her mind and not a relationship.

OGIONIK wrote:
oh well, damnit i just have to get over it. i just feel like im missing something, my longest relationship is like 1 month by the way hahaha.

Yeah I think you should get over her. For now, at least. You don't know her feelings for you, so why bother caring so much? At least try to find out what you mean to her. Ask.
And... Oh wow. Do you take relationships seriously, even? Maybe that's your problem. Or maybe it's girls you date. You might be after the wrong kind of girl for a serious relationship. Some girls don't like commitment (as is the case with many men) but you might be trying to get with a girl who only lives for short flings.

OGIONIK wrote:
oh the joy of just cuddling! ugh im a nerd.

Aww that is not nerdy in any way, that is sweet! My first impression of you just went up by a couple points. =]
0 Replies

loveislikearose3

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 01:35 am
cyphercat wrote:
I used to notice people doing that a lot when they applied for jobs at places I worked; they'd come in and say things like "God, I've already applied ten places and I have no idea why no one's hiring me," and meanwhile they look sullen and frustrated and basically like no one you'd want to hire in a million years...and they usually seemed to think that either no one would notice this obnoxious bad attitude (it seemed like a lot of them assumed that other people were too stupid to notice much), or else that it would make people want to help them if they made it clear how unfair life is to them (it doesn't make people want to help, it makes people want to shake you).

Haha maybe that's why I can't find a job! I might be too disappointed with how long and frustrating this whole job search thing is that I might even look disappointed & frustrated in front of the people who might not want to hire me just because of that.
Heh. thanks for the tip. I'll try to look happier & more hopeful next time. =]
cyphercat

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 03:37 pm
@loveislikearose3,
Aw, sorry to hear you're having problems in the employment area... Hope it works out for you soon!
0 Replies