The Next Smear Against Obama: "Infanticide"

real life

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:00 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
A baby outside the womb is not a fetus. You speak of 'the fetus' breathing or having a heartbeat outside the womb.

But it is not a fetus if it has been born, right?

Depends on what you mean by "born."

The statute defined what it meant to be 'born alive'.

Yes, indeed it does. But the statute doesn't say anything about "fetuses." So when you start talking about fetuses being born, you're obviously not talking in the same terms as the statute.

Once the child has been born, it's not a fetus. It's that simple.

Quote:
Definition of Fetus

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.
http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3424
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:11 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Sounds to me like all of you could pass the bar in any state for crooked lawyer.

T
K
Oh dear!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:13 pm
rabel, Actually, the meanderings of real drives us to a bar - the drinking kind. LOL
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:23 pm
real life wrote:

Call it whatever you like. It is a matter of little importance to me.

joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
Killing a baby that is outside the womb is NOT an abortion, it is infanticide.

Who said anything about "killing?"

What happens when a baby is born and you refuse it medical care?

You tell me.

You forgot this one.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:19 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
Quote:

Definition of Fetus

Fetus: The unborn offspring from the end of the 8th week after conception (when the major structures have formed) until birth. Up until the eighth week, the developing offspring is called an embryo.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3424

Call it whatever you like. It is a matter of little importance to me.

You can pretend it's of little importance, but it IS the issue.

joefromchicago wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

You tell me.

You forgot this one.

Haven't forgot it at all. I remember very well that you were unable to do anything but punt.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 10:26 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
real still doesn't realize that the 47 million Americans without health care includes "children and infants." He's still worried more about the unborn.

We're talking about the 'born' here, CI. Get up to speed pal.

Once birth has taken place, it's an infant. It is a child whether you've taken your blinders off or not.

Once you start excusing abortion, infanticide is an easy next step. And you are a perfect example.

You can't even admit that when a child is born alive that he should have the protection of the law.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:04 pm
real life wrote:

How do you figure? For you, killing a fetus is the same as killing an infant. Whether it's pre-born or post-born is of little consequence.

real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

You tell me.

You forgot this one.

Haven't forgot it at all. I remember very well that you were unable to do anything but punt.

You ask a rhetorical question and you don't know the answer? Wow, that's a special kind of stupid.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 11:48 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

How do you figure? For you, killing a fetus is the same as killing an infant. Whether it's pre-born or post-born is of little consequence.

A 'post-born fetus' is called a baby, Joe.

Just so you know.

That's what we're discussing.

When a baby is born, does it have the right to protection under the law, even if it was an abortion which triggered the birth event and the baby wasn't intended to survive?

Once it is born, is it ok just to leave the baby to die? (Remember, it's not a fetus. It's been born.)

joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

You tell me.

You forgot this one.

You ask a rhetorical question and you don't know the answer? Wow, that's a special kind of stupid.

It wasn't a rhetorical question. I'd like a real answer from you, but you punted because you can't deal with the issue.

0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:36 am
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

RL already revealed his parade de horribles from abortion to infanticide. As written, I looked over it again, I believe the law would also create a confusion in terms of long term care and removing people from life support. If the spirit of the law is simply to provide care for an unwanted unborn that is unsuccessfully terminated, that's noble, but legislation require details. Who pays? Who evaluates if the abortion was a failure? The violation of said law constitutes what?

joefromCHI-town wrote:

real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

You tell me.

You forgot this one.

RL wants the answer to be that murder was committed.

T
K
O
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:20 am
I guess the person who would pay is the person who the fetus/baby belongs too. Once it is born the mother father is responsible. Or it was that way when my kids were born. If I refused to service my kids I would have gone to jail.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 06:03 am
Have you never heard of adoption?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:40 am
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

A 'post-born fetus' is called a baby, Joe.

Whatever.

real life wrote:
When a baby is born, does it have the right to protection under the law, even if it was an abortion which triggered the birth event and the baby wasn't intended to survive?

Once it is born, is it ok just to leave the baby to die? (Remember, it's not a fetus. It's been born.)

You expect me to answer your questions when you don't answer mine? Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

You tell me.

You forgot this one.

It wasn't a rhetorical question.

Really? Then you're saying that you don't know the answer to that question? Are you serious?

real life wrote:
I'd like a real answer from you, but you punted because you can't deal with the issue.

You answer my question first, then I'll answer yours.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:48 am
What a childish response.

You are completely unable to defend Obama's opposition to the Born Alive Act in Illinois.

Both you and he use the same lame tactic of continuing to refer to a baby that has been born as a 'fetus', so that you can imply that it has and should have no legal rights.

Obama's only option on this is to admit that he was completely in error. But I suspect his ego is too big to allow it, and probably the same is true of you.

A baby that has been born should have every legal right that any other person enjoys, whether or not their birth event was triggered by an abortion.

No question about it, and you've been utterly incapable of presenting ANY substantive argument otherwise.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:52 am
real life wrote:

You are completely unable to defend Obama's opposition to the Born Alive Act in Illinois.

Both you and he use the same lame tactic of continuing to refer to a baby that has been born as a 'fetus', so that you can imply that it has and should have no legal rights.

Obama's only option on this is to admit that he was completely in error. But I suspect his ego is too big to allow it, and probably the same is true of you.

A baby that has been born should have every legal right that any other person enjoys, whether or not their birth event was triggered by an abortion.

No question about it, and you've been utterly incapable of presenting ANY substantive argument otherwise.

Take your ball and go home, real life. You lose.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:37 am
real has the bad habit of making statements without any evidence or support for them, than cries foul that he's being attacked when he has no answer - usually by ignoring questions posed to him.

He's a loser - as joe claimed; a big waste of time trying to have a discussion with a loser only perpetuates more losers.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 09:50 am
joefromchicago wrote:
real life wrote:

Take your ball and go home, real life. You lose.

wow you put my name in bold

that must mean you're right.

I'm completely convinced. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:25 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
real has the bad habit of making statements without any evidence or support for them, than cries foul that he's being attacked when he has no answer - usually by ignoring questions posed to him.

That's very true, CI. My past experiences with him should have prepared me for his trademark sort of belligerent evasion.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 11:48 am
evasion Laughing

That's rich coming from you, after several days of watching you avoid admitting that after a birth takes place you have a baby, not a fetus.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:56 pm
real life wrote:
evasion Laughing

That's rich coming from you, after several days of watching you avoid admitting that after a birth takes place you have a baby, not a fetus.

Are you attempting to have a philosophical debate or a legal one? If you are trying to condemn Obama, you have to come here with a legal one, and as pointed out to you the legislation is poorly written.

I know you want to try and snuff Obama with it, but you'd better have a better argument.

T
K
O
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 02:16 pm
No argument will sway Obama, nor robotic apologists such as joefromchicago.

When basic definitions are malleable when used by persons such as they, then you know that it isn't a matter of argumentation, its an issue of lack of honesty.

Obama's (and joe's) repeated use of 'fetus' to describe a baby that has ALREADY been born is a plain indication that he has no intention of an honest discussion of the issue.
0 Replies