colloidial silver (sp?)

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 06:04 am
There is an alternative cancer doctor that guides patients to buy home makers. I bought one through their direction. It has served me well for years.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 07:04 am
edgarblythe wrote:
If it is a contest between pro and con articles, I can produce as many as you can.

I see that. You even include the original references from 1932, 1928, 1913....

In particular I was convinced by this statement:
Quote:
Dr. Otto Warberg (Nobel Prize Winner, 1932) stated that "Cancer is caused by the lack of oxygen and the fermentation of sugars."

Quote:
How It Works
The presence of colloidal silver near a virus, fungus, bacterium or any other single celled pathogen disables its oxygen metabolism enzyme, its chemical lung, so to say. Within a few minutes, the pathogen suffocates and dies, and is cleared out of the body by the immune, lymphatic and elimination systems. Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, which destroy beneficial enzymes, colloidal silver leaves these tissue-cell enzymes intact, as they are radically different from the enzymes of primitive single-celled life. Thus colloidal silver is absolutely safe for humans, reptiles, plants and all multi-celled living matter.

This makes complete sense! Of course it would ignore multi-celled living matter!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 11:52 am
That was only one. I could come up with hundreds of links. Bottom line, silver works, as I and millions of users can testify from personal experience. The main reason they don't want us to use it is because if enough of us did, it would cut deeply into the drug company profits, which is what modern medicine is mostly all about. If you can be cured of something, there goes a lifetime of dependency on expensive designer drugs, out the window.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 01:16 pm
As this article is on a copyrighted database (ie link will probably not work on the open internet) I have to post the abstract in full:

Quote:
Toxicological studies constitute an essential part of the effort in developing an herbal medicine into a drug product. The US food and drug administration (FDA) published a guidance to assist academic and industry sponsors in the development of this unique group of drug products, and has recently approved an new drug application (NDA) based on green tea extract (Veregen<sup>®</sup>) for topical treatment of genital and perianal warts. In this article, current regulatory views on issues related to requirements and recommendations on various types of nonclinical toxicity studies in support of clinical trials and filing an NDA for a herbal medicine, including pharm/tox aspects of green tea extract (Veregen<sup>®</sup>) NDA, are discussed. Topics include nonclinical pharmacology/toxicology perspectives on herbal nomenclature and its identification, previous human experience and initial clinical trial proposal, regulatory aspects of acute toxicity studies, chronic toxicity studies, mutagenicity studies, reproductive toxicity studies, and carcinogenicity studies on botanicals. Certain regulatory review-related issues are also presented. It is anticipated that through a proactive two-way communication between the Agency and the sponsor, toxicological development of botanical drug product can be significantly facilitated. [Copyright 2008 Elsevier]

From article in this month's issue of "Food and Chemical Toxicology" entitled:

Quote:
Current regulatory toxicology perspectives on the development of herbal medicines to prescription drug products in the United States.

Edgar - is it possible that you have suffered no ill effects from this long-term absorption of silver because of other "natural" products you take in parallel? For the record I've absolutely no medical qualifications but am interested in epidemiology for risk management purposes.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:12 pm
I have at times drank eight or ten ounce drinks of it initially, and followed up with lesser amounts each fifteen minutes for periods lasting up to two days. End result: what I was fighting went away. No adverse affects.

THe FDA and the drug companies work hand in hand, in most instances, to deprive people like me from pursuing a non drug life. I haven't been to a doctor in so many years, I can't recall the last time. I'm pretty certain it involved a strained back muscle. Most of the supplements I take are simple things, such as minerals and vitamins. For specific ailments, or goals, I research what works before using it. My research derives from alternative practitioners I have grown to trust over nearly two decades. If I don't know the person recommending a substance or program, I may file it away for further study, but I don't take any and every product that is offered.
0 Replies

katya8

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:30 pm
Here's some trustworthy information:

http://www.lenian.com/joy/silver_colloids.html
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 02:37 pm
katya8 wrote:

Thanks for the information, katya.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:04 pm
katya8 wrote:

Er... why is it trustworthy? Because you say so?

It contains a link to the article Edgar posted earlier.

And it contains a link explaining that ionic silver is not truly colloidal silver. And which contains references to argyria, which Edgar would have us believe is a photoshop conspiracy.

Bottom line, you've got folks selling patent medications, with no oversight for quality or efficacy of claims.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 03:11 pm
I'll leave it to readers to check the information and make up their own minds. You can make it available. You can't decide the others' fate for them. My experience is with colloidal silver. If other silver applications work, and are safe, it is for someone else to make it known.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 07:04 pm
all i know is usual sick time is like 1-2 weeks..

a glass of colloidal silver water and its not even a full 2 days.
0 Replies

wooops

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 02:57 pm
Edgarblythe, please dont spread things like that. People like you keep things like this alive and it hurts people. So please stop. Here's something you can try when you get a cold: boil dog poop for 25mins, then drink it, and you'll be better in 2 days. Guaranteed.

(in case you didnt catch it, that was sarcasm. You will get better in 2 days, but not because of the dog poop.)

Please listen to your doctor's suggestion and try to follow that. He/She knows more about human health than you or random quacks on the internet do.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 02:59 pm
Woops
Crawl back into the hole you came out of.
0 Replies

wooops

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:03 pm
Oh, and another thing about your 'reputable source'..

"Colloidal silver appears to be a powerful, natural antibiotic and preventative against infections. Acting as a catalyst, it reportedly disables the enzyme that one-celled bacteria, viruses and fungi need for their oxygen metabolism."

Last I heard, viruses aren't alive, hence no need for oxygen. Doesnt really make sense now, huh?

and i looked up that Natural Health and Longevity Resource Center's website. I hear they sell these stickers that protect your brain from EMF radiation coming from your phone.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:11 pm
Go get an education before you discuss viruses and the like. Screw off, jerk.
0 Replies

wooops

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:24 pm
I'm in middle of getting my edumacation. In a few years, you call me doctor.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:28 pm
wooops wrote:

I think "jerk" will do just fine.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Wed 6 Aug, 2008 03:30 pm
lol, i think that colloidal silver works...

it either does or it doesnt, doesnt mean drink it every damn day.
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 12:09 pm
wooops wrote:
.......... I hear they sell these stickers that protect your brain from EMF radiation coming from your phone.

Amazing, I'd never heard of stickers for radiation protection, but I did find this on a linked site to the quackery central (or whatever the silver peddlers call themselves):
http://www.emfsafe.com/epollution.htm
Quote:
The atoms and electrons of the aluminum have been altered so that the plates are in resonance, or in tune, with the basic energy of the Universe. They function as transceivers of Zero Point Energy...creating a field of energy around themselves that will penetrate any material substance by osmosis. This energy is very beneficial (the life-force energy) to all life...plant, animal, or human. Plates can increase your biological resistance to negative effects from such forces as EMF.

http://emfsafe.com/images/smplate.jpg
Why bother with fusion reactors, all we need is a few of those "positive energy plates" SmileSmileSmile
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:00 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
wooops wrote:

I think "jerk" will do just fine.

Ha! Jerk is good. I'll just use my usual title for doctors, "insufferable prick."

On the topic of doctors always know best, I read a really interesting study recently about out-dated, stupid stuff that doctors still believe... One part that sticks with me is that the researchers found that docs still buy that business about hair and fingernails continuing to grow after people die. It was really shocking/funny in a scary way--I'll try to find it again.

Recently I told a doctor that I take cranberry supplements for a bladder problem I have and that I've found that it also helps me get over colds faster (research has found that cranberries interfere w/ cold & flu pathogens adhering to cell walls the same way they do w/ bacteria that cause urinary infections).

So anyway, the doctor nods and says, rather dismissively, "Because of the vitamin C."

Which was really funny to me, because a) that's not why it works at all, and b) the newest findings are that vitamin C doesn't really work. Laughing
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 7 Aug, 2008 03:06 pm
Okay, here's that article--
"Medical Myths Even Doctors Believe"
0 Replies