Femestra

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 11:12 am
Have any of you ladies out there tried Femestra? I have read some reviews and it seems to be a good hormone replacement therapy but I was hoping I could get some feedback from others?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,250 • Replies: 15
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 04:27 pm
Most of the things I've been hearing about hormone replacement therapy are bad, bad, bad. Is this for estrogen, or something else? I take thyroid hormone but that's different and hasn't been linked to a cancer risk.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Wed 23 Jul, 2008 06:22 pm
Here is the link to some info jespah. It is a natural supplement. Dee Wallace (the mom from the ET movie) has been advertising it on TV. I read some of the testimonies and they sound good but what else would they say?

http://www.femestra.com

I stopped taking estrogen a long, long time ago. I had a hysterectomy at 22 and was on estrogen for too long. I am having problems staying asleep at night and I a\m a bit hot flashy. I was hoping someone might have tried this and I could talk to them.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:27 pm
I got the Femestra in the mail yesterday. Talk about horse pills! They are huge and this ugly pink color. Laughing I'll let you know if I experience any effects from them.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 26 Jul, 2008 04:31 pm
Only a woman would complain about the colour of a medical product.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 03:26 pm
Laughing I wasn't really complaining. LOL that cracked me up! The color reminded me of Pepto Bismol. Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 04:19 pm
Hm the ingredients of Femestra are Rice Bran Oil and Gamma Oryzanol.
Actually Gamma Oryzanol is derived from Rice Bran Oil, and I think
body builders take it to build muscles.

If you have hot flashes and sleep problems, Arella Mae, why don't you
take some other homoepathic products that are much more helpful
and probably cheaper too.

Black Cohosh is one,
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/black-cohosh/NS_patient-blackcohosh

Lachesis Mutus
http://www.holisticonline.com/Remedies/hrt/hrt_homeopathy.htm#HotFlashes

All these homoephatic products you can buy at your healthfood store.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 07:15 pm
Hey Calamity,

I have tried the black cohosh and though it does relieve some of the hot flashes, it does nothing for the sleep problem. I am getting pretty desperate I guess.

It is so hot and humid here in Louisiana, this year has been the worst. I can live with the hot flashes but this not sleeping right is very frustrating. I refuse to take anything stronger than Tylenol PM. Sometimes it helps but most times it does not.

So, I'll try this. If it doesn't work, I'll try something else. Has to be something that works. Laughing
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 07:38 pm
Benadryl works pretty good, Arella, even in the swampy humid heat
of Louisiana Very Happy
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jul, 2008 07:46 pm
That's a thought! Thanx!
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Tue 29 Jul, 2008 11:17 am
Ok, let's see, I have been taking these pills since Friday. I am not sure if it's the pills or if I am worn out, but I actually had a good night's sleep last night and I don't seem to be experiencing the hot flashes as strongly as usual. I think it is too early to tell but thought I'd pass that along. The pills are still ugly though. Razz
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 2 Aug, 2008 10:16 am
Ok thought I'd give y'all an update. I think this Femestra is doing some good. I have actually been sleeping through the night and my hot flashes have decreased in intensity and occurrence. I really feel different. I am rather pleased with the change so far. Laughing
JanSwan

Reply Thu 11 Dec, 2008 03:59 am
@Arella Mae,
Arella... just wondering how you are doing... I am thinking of purchasing the same product. Have researched it, it IS ALL NATURAL. Seems the chinese women have been taking it for years to help themselves through 'the change'.
Still doing well?
I am thinking of trying this myself.
You really do often get what you pay for.
Please do update us again.
(((HUGS)))
Thank You... Merry Christmas!
0 Replies

seawtchr

Reply Thu 2 Apr, 2009 11:53 am
@Arella Mae,
Unbelieveable! After 5 days on Femestra I had more energy, lighter mood, I slept better and I was able to get more done. The one thing that I did notice was that my thoughts tend to race when I took it before I went to bed. I fell asleep much easier taking it in the morning. Also, I received my free bottle when ordering a bottle.
0 Replies

HADDM

Reply Thu 28 Jan, 2010 10:00 am
I've been taking femestra for about a year now. I think it is wonderful. Hot flashes are way down maybe once or twice a week maybe. As well as the night sweats. It is a bit pricey though, but you do pay for what is good. I do understand that it is all natural. The main ingredient is gamma oryzanol. I haven't been able to find it in any other supplements at the health food stores. But the downside is it has not increased my libidio as much as I would like.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 29 Jan, 2010 11:33 am
I do have to say that the Femestra does seem to really help. The thing I had the biggest problem with was the restlessness and sleeplessness but I am doing quite well. So it's a thumbs up on Femestra from me! Oh, except for the color of the pill. Still looks like Pepto Bismol Laughing
0 Replies