Acquired characteristics of organ donors by recipients

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 12:11 am
I was taking an online defensive driving test when I came across this piece of information:
Quote:
Fact: It has never been scientifically proven that transplant recipients acquire their donors' characteristics. Although some transplant recipients believe they acquired their donors' characteristics, this phenomenon has never been proven. Transplanted organs do not have a memory so there may be other explanations for why recipients gain interest in activities in which they previously had no interest.

I had no idea that there are incidences of recipients gaining interests in activities in which they previously had no interest, and that donor characteristics were suspect in this phenomenon.

Are there any organ recipients on A2K, or members that know organ recipients that have claimed these phenomenons?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 699 • Replies: 1
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2008 09:44 am
Interesting.

I don't know how much recipients learn about the donor but if they do get some information maybe they acquire characteristics out of some sort of "obligation" to somehow continue the person's life.
0 Replies