cleanliness is next to godliness

Piffka

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:26 pm
Cool, Montana... does it work as well as you expected?

OAK -- I think you should remind your dear wife that computers suck. Therefore, all those things are eternally and infernally attracted. You're actually helping her out by keeping that stuff from being scattered further afield. Smile (Think she'll buy it?)

I am going to the tavern, too. That way I don't have to cook. YAY.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:52 pm
I actually does Piffka. It's quote the neat little contraption.

Nice advice there Piffka, but I wouldn't buy it for a second ;-)

See you at the pub.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:09 pm
Very Happy -- Just trying to help out OAK.

I'm going to look up that Roomba, Montana -- if it would only do stairs....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:14 pm
I know. Oak can use all the help he can get ;-)

It would be great if it did do stairs, but the good thing about it is that it won't fall down the stairs when you're doing the upper levels. It has a senser that will turn it around when it gets to the stairs. It also comes with a senser you put in a doorway to prevent it from going places you don't want it too.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:46 pm
we are lucky then in our house, you don't get stairs in a bungalow.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 04:46 pm
Amazon's site for Roombas

The reviews here seem to be good! I'm envious!
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 05:25 pm
Wow! That is enormously cheaper than the trilobite. Hmmmm - wonder if we have such a thing in Oz? Could prolly adapr the plug to the charger......
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:09 pm
oldandknew wrote:
we are lucky then in our house, you don't get stairs in a bungalow.

You should get a Roomba for the little woman then. I promise she forget about your little area for awhile. Atleast long enough for all off us to paint the town for awhile ;-)
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:28 pm
Seems to me a person's computer is his or her castle. My old boss used to say a clean desk is a sign of an empty mind. An extreme view, but one I understand. I would be angry if anyone either suggested I clean my computer area, or tried to do it for me - that is personal space.

My own computer area swings between niftily tidy and a mess, and where it is on that pendulum ride is none of anyone's business, including spouse. Um, my ex is a writer. He also had stuff strewn all over, or didn't, depending on where he was in a project. How you lay out papers can relate to how you think. What may look sloppy may be spreading out distinctions. Intruders should back off, she (osso) says. :wink:
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:07 am
The area around my computer is layered like an archeological dig with localized disruptions. Very Happy
I cleared off most of my computer area this weekend and was astonished to find something at the bottom from June 2002.

BTW- Osso -- Remember that book you loaned me which I dutifully promised to return? The Miracle of Castel di Sangro was miraculously found this weekend under an open copy of Millay's Early Poems and an assorted & very jumbled pile of paper. I'm not promising it will be returned forthwith, but at least there's hope now.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:22 am
i looked it up and I WANNA ROOMBA Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 10:57 am
The Sudden Appearance of Castel di Sangro...
0 Replies

SealPoet

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:14 am
Piffka, I'm with you with archeological filing systems... you should(n't) see my desk at work...

By the way... Cleanliness is next to Clear and Cleat.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:58 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 12:49 pm
Seal Poet -- Oh no, you should ('nt) see mine. It helps if you're willing to find serenity in chaos.

Osso -- I like that signature line...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 12:54 pm
Thanks, piffka, me too. It is about time I changed it - I tend to keep them too long.
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:32 pm
Yes, I'm sure I do that too. Well, I loved yours about the mare stretching her neck. Is that saved anywhere? I've kept mine on my profile page, all from favorite poets.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:40 pm
No, but I took it from a book I might be able to find it in again: Nicholas Shakespeare's --- oh, no, I can't find it. I must've leant it to my bus. partner's husband. Eek.
I'll at least look up the book title and be back.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:44 pm
http://www.randomhouse.com/boldtype/0503/shakespeare/

It is called The Dancer Upstairs
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 01:44 pm
Eeek. Don't lose that one, I loved reading it. If you're not going to save it on your profile page, then maybe we should start a thread about memorable signature lines. I nominate the yellow mare.
0 Replies