cleanliness is next to godliness

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:45 pm
my wife took me to task today whilst wearing her best spring cleaning ensemble & said to me --- "your computer is disgusting, have you looked at it ?"
"yes dear" I replied, "every day"
"well look at it now, it's covered in nicotine stains, coffee mug stains on the desk, a heap of unreadable notes, bread crumbs & look at the keyboard, there's enough strands of rolling tobacco to make at least 20 ciggies and more ash in there than a coal fired power station, dogs hairs & he's been gone for over a year and so on and so forth .......................... why, oh why?" she asked, "don't you clean it, it's a wonder it still works"
I said "cos I'm developing a new strain of penny sillin with which to make my fortune"
She wasn't amused and then asked, "Why have you got a picture of a naked Hilary Clinton & Cherie Blair on you desktop?"
I shrugged my shoulders and said, "I found it & now it's a punishment for my wicked ways and shows me how lucky I am that they are only a photo & you are real"
She who must be obeyed.
Are all wives rulers of all they survey and paragons of cleanliness ?????
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,481 • Replies: 43
No top replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:52 pm
Nah. Hire her a maid, and eventually she'll stop noticing. (Then it will be somebody else's job.)

Unfortunately, all of us women over 40 grew up in a time when women were judged for (among other things) their ability to keep house. No matter how "liberated" we became, some of that old stuff is still stuck in our heads.

Good comeback on the photo, though. Smile
0 Replies

husker

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:56 pm
I dunno - maybe we should work out a trade for a month or three???
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:52 pm
I always believed that living together is a partnership and everyone should clean up after themselves, so start cleaning mister ;-)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 04:56 pm
Yes Montana, after or before i do the supermarket trip and mow the grass
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:00 pm
Oh, so you wanna play hardball ey! Well, do you mow and go to the supermarket every day? Hey, I'd trade with you any day. I'd rather mow the lawn and go grocery shopping once or twice a week than clean and do laundry every day ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:01 pm
And lets not forget the cooking buster, LOL! I happen to love to cook, so you can do the dishes :-D
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:05 pm
Oy! I have shared domicile with so many mens - please do not start me on the cleaning wars.....

Oddly enough, however, my computer is a mess, too - because it is stuck in a little room by itself, with the vacuum cleaner and such.

Really, I am ashamed of myself.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:08 pm
Deb ------ these little rooms are the tuff ones. no room to swing a cat let alone a Hoover
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:09 pm
Montana, how about we just say to helll with all those chores and go to the pub and have a few beers
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:11 pm
Can I come, too? My housekeeper just left.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:14 pm
oldandknew wrote:
Montana, how about we just say to helll with all those chores and go to the pub and have a few beers

Now you're talkin!!! The pub it is. Lets go Eva, we gotta get to the pub early on a Friday to get some good seats. We'll meet you there OAK ;-)
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:15 pm
Grab your hat and grab your coat, leave your worries on the doorstep--------------------------forgotten the rest of the song, but yeah the more the merrier Eva
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:17 pm
I'm just in the mood tonight too for a night out at the pub.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:20 pm
and a good old singalong round the old joanna, oh that's piana or piano
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:24 pm
Pub? Yay!!!!

HEY! They have invented a best friend for me - what wiv the cat hair and all! General Electric (I think it is) has invented a roaming vacuum cleaner. It is called the Trilobite - great name, huh? It wanders around the room, vacuuming, and plugs itself back into its charger when it is running out of power.

I WANT ONE!

Sadly, it is too expensive at present, but I anticipate a flood of them.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:29 pm
dlowan wrote:
Pub? Yay!!!!

HEY! They have invented a best friend for me - what wiv the cat hair and all! General Electric (I think it is) has invented a roaming vacuum cleaner. It is called the Trilobite - great name, huh? It wanders around the room, vacuuming, and plugs itself back into its charger when it is running out of power.

I WANT ONE!

Sadly, it is too expensive at present, but I anticipate a flood of them.

We have one of those, except it's called the roomba vac. I just had to have it :-D I can just turn it loose while we go to the pub and the floors will be all set when we get back.
0 Replies

oldandknew

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 05:30 pm
Deb, What gender is Trilobite ? It's not a eunoch is it ? and is it rabbit friendly.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:14 pm
Trilobites are pre-mammal!

I do not believe they would eat a rabbit - they were sea creatures.

Was your Roomba expensive, Montana?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 06:19 pm
Since they don't have them in Canada yet, I got it on Ebay for a little over $200 (US funds) which included the shipping.

I guess they go for about $200 in the stores.
0 Replies