Meeting a friend??

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:47 pm
DianeK wrote:
JustBrooke I should probably be more forceful in conversation with him when he brings this up to make it clearer.

Hey Diane..... do you think he's not taking you seriously? Because if you think about it .... you shouldn't have to be more forceful. No means no.

On the other hand...I have a friend that does the same thing. Everything is about sex with him. I had a good dose of him over the weekend when we both went to the same wedding. He never changes......never will. Yet, I know I'm safe with him. (as well as I can know) We've been friends for a long time.

You haven't met this guy yet. Be careful.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:48 pm
When you talk on fb, do you talk on the 'wall' or through IM's? in other words, is there a permanent record of his comments to you about sex?

Does he have his marital status noted on fb?
0 Replies

DianeK

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:53 pm
Facebook works where you kinda have your own web page and the friends you've invited are allowed to view any messages, photos, home phone numbers etc that you or friends that are on your list have submitted to you. You have a sort of wall where friends can send mesaages to you and they are public to be read by all friends. You also have a private email inbox where you can send private messages and there's a chat room where just you and your friend can talk online like messenger, but not with others in this case.

I've viewed a lot of photos of him that he's put up on his profile of him his wife and his baby. I know details of where he works and I doubt these are false as other friends view these. Wouldn't they be the first to question his strange lies. This is what makes me believe he is who he says he is in that sense. It's not far off the mark compared to what you are saying about the safety of this website.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:55 pm
I'm actually on my fb account right now, which is what made me ask.

So - have his sexual comments been made on the wall?
0 Replies

DianeK

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:55 pm
Yes his marital staus says married clearly with his wife's name. There's no getting away from it there. I've posted circulars like friendship stuff/pictures on his wall and you know those silly applications where you can send gifts etc.

NO he's not mentioned sex with me on either of our walls only on the chat!
0 Replies

DianeK

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
Does this guy talk about sex with you Justbrooke or sex in general
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:57 pm
If I were you, I'd be tempted to post something on his wall about definitely not having sex when you meet ... then see what happens.

But I'm not concerned about being his friend.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:59 pm
OK .... here's a question then.

I'm on facebook - but don't really use it so don't quite know how it all works.

However, my friends get invited on by me and then my friends, friends can invite me on to them.

So - do any of YOUR friends talk to this chap at all. If not, maybe they could invite him on to join the circle... and see how it goes for a while.

Remember, his friends are exactly that.... HIS friends.

I know I sound distrusting - when actually (as folk here know) am not - just, he sounds a little pushy to me on the 'ole sex thing! Smile
0 Replies

DianeK

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:00 pm
Good one Ehbeth!!!!!!
0 Replies

DianeK

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:03 pm
This makes me laugh but I have noticed that he's had a few strange drinks sent to him on his facebook from other girly friends. yer know like sex on the beach. There's a flirty application that lets you do this sort of thing as well as others.

I'm sure his wife has seen those!!!! :-)
He even uploaded an album of photos for celebratory party with his wife and friends before he married his wife.

But like you say....the sex thing is an issue.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 04:30 pm
Hi,

I'd like to just say that a major red flag went up when I read your original post. I don't think his sexual remark was just a joke. It sounds to me like he's testing you to see what you'll say to his offer. And he probably doesn't want to hide his marital status because he has no intentions of leaving his wife. And if he's out of the country without his wife, how will she ever know?
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 09:21 pm
DianeK wrote:
Does this guy talk about sex with you Justbrooke or sex in general

With me. But he's relatively harmless. And like I said......we know each other. I'm just concerned for you because you don't know this guy well. He's married. Yet he wants to get you in bed. I could say a lot more, but I really don't know him, so I'll let it go at that.

Just be careful.
0 Replies

star24

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 05:32 pm
how would you feel?
how would you feel being the wife of this man?. I do agree with recent comment "public place, leave separately" but then again, you may find yourself attracted to one another.. Once you open the door it'll be tough. It is your choice, but right now your in a safe position. You haven't really done anything wrong, but in the future you could look back and wish you had of stopped now. I hope it all works out for you :-).. Be careful.
0 Replies