Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:04 am
Hey SheW

Where are you gonna go today then girl?

(after getting yerself a bra!)
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:10 am
I was going to call D+D and see what they were doing, but I cant get out any-how so I think , when I can, Im going to goodwill, getting what I need, then going to a park or something.

it wont be until probably 3 or 4 before anyone wakes up so for now, Im just staring at the computer.. Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:20 am
shewolf
I hope I get to give you and the Bean a big hug while you are in ABQ.

BBB
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
You will.

If it comes down to it, I will drive through her front yard to get out..
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:45 am
I think that is allowed in NM, wolfie, as there is no grass to kill.

Hope yer havin' fun.

Hey to the Bean,

Rock
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 11:52 am
yeah.
Except the goat heads are big enough to puncture my gas tank Confused

Eh.
Im resigned to being locked in today. Im bored out of my skull but one day wont kill me.

I brought THE little black dress and THE heels.

Im going out tonight Cool
Probably better I save my energy for that anyway..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:15 pm
Hmm... in my selfish haste, I may have put off some odd signals.

With out going into too much detail, I hope it is understood that my reasons for this road trip are not completely for entertainment( though that IS part of it..). Meaning.. this is a time I need to use to really clear my head. The decision I have to make is choking me. I even forgot 1/2 my belongings at home because I am so beside myself and lost in my own fears, thoughts, concerns, emotions.. that I dont think straight. I have lost some work, misplaced important things , even forgot to be a friend..

believe me.. meandering down the highway from austin to here was all about me.
Almost a childish " I can do what I want right now and no one can stop me" thought process.

I still live in that right now.
I even turned off my cell phone to avoid calls from home .

Please dont think my odd behavior is anything other then my own neurotic , absent minded, selfish behavior.

All will be explained.
Just please forgive me.

I dont have time to write PMs to everyone who needs to hear this, so I am posting where all can read.

I do love you.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:38 pm
Hugs, girl...

Cool
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:38 pm
Just be you girl... lotta folk here care about you.

Whenever you're ready

x
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 08:40 pm
more hugs.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sat 19 Jul, 2008 09:03 pm
Hey, everybody needs a "time out" now and then.

You notice I was alone in ABQ, right? :wink:

<high five>

Hope you have a good time AND clear your mind.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 10:19 am
Hey She... how was your evening out???

What you and the Bean up to? Smile
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 04:15 pm
The Bean and her mother just left, we spend the day with The Bean watching cartoons on the telly while we chatted away on the patio. So it goes.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 04:16 pm
So glad you guys spent the day together. Thanks for letting us know Dys. Smile
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Sun 20 Jul, 2008 05:29 pm
Pbbthh

Im just a fig-a-mint of your ima-jun-ashun
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 06:55 am
Morning after morning I am missing photo opportunities with these impossibly perfect mountains.
Evening after evening I am laughing so hard my head hurts and missing even more photos of these impossilby perfect mountains.

Im going to change that one of these mornings.

I still rise before everyone else in the house (5:30-6:30) and have my coffee in silence and have time to be online , but one of these mornings Im dragging jillian by the leg to some high point and taking some photos.

I have met some drummers, a photographer, and many belly dancers in just a few days.
I have forgotten what it was like to have PEOPLE around. Forgot what it was like to have someone to CALL because I want to. To have a reason to put your best foot forward in the kitchen, a reason to keep your house clean and an explination for side pains in the morning . I have not laughed this much in a long time. My home, in comparison feels like a cave. I crave this kind of 'life' around me.. these kinds of people.. this kind of busy-ness that I only seem to have in this state.
I have lived long enough in Austin to have developed some kind of friendships, and though I have, the culture, the people, the undercurrent.. never ever feels this free. This ...open.. this... friendly.
Even though, I see many changes in my little mountain home..

The greatest example!
Driving down the freeway. I used to be able to always see mountains either straight on, or out of the corner of my eye and I could never be lost because of it. Mountains = east. Period. The grid of the city is such that I knew just by address number if I had to drive away from the mountains or not. I could not get lost.
Now, when I drive on the highway, all I see is stucco wall with a cheap impression in it that is supposed to LOOK like mountains. Squiggly lines and ugly brown paint. The beauty, the vast open sky, the matching buildings... GONE . Completely gone. It is isolating in its feeling and I dispise it. Once you get off the highway, your vision is back and thats good.. but .. the view when you are driving is what makes this place.. wonderful. It is what makes people calmer I think. You always have this view of something real, something larger then your self, and since the mountains form almost a lip to the bowl thats albuquerque, it almost feels embracing..

No longer.

The drivers show it too , to a certain extent.
I used to KNOW that the moment I brake that line of mountains and see Juan tabo avenue, I could lay off the gas, roll down my windows and just BE... I could stop having to drive in highway mode, and just drive to get some where.
What the hell has happened?

I want to call this driving change aggressive, but living and driving in Austin ....... I know better.. but compared to how this place used to operate, it is aggressive. No one pays complete attiontion to the road rules anymore either. You used to be able to cruise in the middle lane, and use the right lane to pass. No longer. Your slower traffic has moved everywhere and your speedracers dont care where they are.
it wouldnt bother me so much if I did not remember this city differently, but .. wowser..

Im blaming it on california. Just like everyone else does Laughing
California.. just the word mind you...holds the meaning of too many outsiders moving in bringing with them everything they are trying to move away from. Too much tourist money and too many permanent tourists have upset this natural soft wave .

Even the amounts of eye contact you get here has changed.
People used to look at you, greet you, and other wise just accept and acknowledge. It isnt that way anymore. Granted, you still get the cozy smile and wave from strangers on a semi regular basis.. but you can tell right away it is only from locals. And now the LOCALS stick out like a sore thumb.

Im not complaining....just noticing my home (sniff) is growing up..
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:00 pm
I think I am being manipulated.

( Insert loud snarky giggle here)

Referances to beautiful spots, once empty large fields, 20 mph easy going drives down long beautiful roads..no humidity....being driven by tons of for sale small homes.... YEEEUP..

Im convinced a certain person is doing these things just to tug on my feeling of home. Wink

Not long ago it seems, driving down what I used to call corrales road, was boring.. and something my mother did often and at the speed of nothing. I used to loathe it and break my neck trying to look anywhere other then what she would point out.

Now, as some what of an adult, I absolutely love that drive and will go out of my way to do it again. I can appreciate the old homes, the horse fields, the grape vines and the little beauties of restaurants hiding behind the disguise of a worn out old blue door.

traffic noise is next to nothing... even the now morphed low riders seem to appreciate the silence that is this road and they turn down their radio.

Stolen from a drummer I met last night-
I miss and almost wish for the return of the low rider.
As annoying as they were... as much as they blocked the flow of traffic and as suffocating as their egos were... with them brought a wave of peaceful, unforced driving. They made the under current of traffic be something that was almost soothing to all. Only those who were in a real hurry ( ambulances) broke that silence.

can I buy a low rider for 200.00?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:10 pm
wait, where are you now, shewolf?
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:11 pm
albuquerque
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:30 pm
Oh, I thought you'd moved on..... sigh. So, you're visiting with poopity-head? Are you just driving and driving and driiiiiiving? I think that's what I'd do.
0 Replies