THE CALIFORIA CANDIDATES ON PARADE

hobitbob

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:21 pm
fealola wrote:
Here it is:

LARRY FLINT/Dem.

I have been a businessman for 35 years. I can do a better job at balancing the budget than those pinhead bureaucrats in Sacramento.... California is the most progressive state in the union and I'm sure its citizens would welcome having a smut peddler who cares as their Governor. ...I have fought for most of my adult life to expand the primeters of Free Speech, even taking a bullet for the First Amendment.

(Go, Larry, Go!)

And what other governers would provide employment for silly 18 year old pot head girls willing to be naked for dollars? God grief! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 07:26 pm
Well, there are alot of them here looking for jobs! 18 is old enough to vote!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:21 pm
fealola wrote:
The way things are going here, I think you'll qualify!

Your slogan:

They surf in Australia too!

Jeez, I was planning something along the lines of:

Be like it was before that other lot messed it up! Razz
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Thu 11 Sep, 2003 09:26 pm
Good one.

When I was younger, I had a fantasy about moving to Australia....
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 12:32 am
fealola wrote:
Good one.

When I was younger, I had a fantasy about moving to Australia....

Well - get ass into gear, get skates on and all that stuff!
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 09:37 am
LORRAINE (ABNER ZURD0 FONTANES/Dem.

"With my skills as a filmaker and arts administrator, I will work to return common sense to California government"
(Entire statement)

GENE FORTE/Rep.

"I am the AttorneyBuster, president/founder of ________(His web address)"

GERALD LEE GORMAN/Dem.

"I'm 42 years old, single and a well qualified leader. My education and experience is diverse, having attended a Christian High School, earning a B.S. in Physics from UC Berkley and taking post-graduate work in pharmacology and teaching credential preparation."

RICH GOSSE/Rep.

"Single adults are the Rodney Dangerfields of our society. They 'can't get no respect.'"
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 09:47 am
Craven de Kere wrote:
Bustamante is here at my building today. He hasn't spoken to me and I wonder if I should boycott him as a result.

Laughing
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 09:56 am
JAMES H. GREEN/Dem.

"I'm a former Police Officer who now works as a Firefighter Paramedic and an Emergency Department Nurse. I have a degree in Economics and I speak Spanish and French."

JACK LOYD GRISHAM/Ind.

"My objective is to guide, protect to help where needed and to respect the citizens of California"
--(Entire Statement.)

GARRET GRUENER/Dem.

"Thanks to public investment in the Internet, I created jobs and started successful companies like Ask Jeeves"
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:11 pm
IVAN A. HALL/Green

"What's it all about? (a web address)"
-(entire statement)

KEN HAMIDI/Libertarian

"I will specially work to end the invisible government structure of special interest."

SARA ANN HANLON/Ind.

"As a former Mayor of the City of Signal Hill, California, a graduate of U.C.L.A., an alumna of Harvard University's J.F. Kennedy School of Government, and a businesswoman, I believe the Major Parties don't represent the will of the people"
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:15 pm
Would you provide a picture of Mary Cary along with a salient quote, Thank You
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:18 pm
I just realized she didn't submit a statement. Nor did Arnold! But I'm sure I won't be difficult for you to find one! :wink:
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:34 pm
Or Gary Coleman or Gallager!
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:41 pm
Do you really have to decide between all these and vote for them?

Sheesh!

I've vote for me - minimalist government! Razz
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 01:48 pm
C. STEPHEN HENDERSON/Ind.

"I am a teacher who believes California's governmental system, designed in the 19th century is inadequate and our taxes must be used more efficiently."

RALPH A. HERNANDEZ/Dem.

"Vote Ralph Hernandez, for Governor! Experienced, Tax Fighter, problem sover, honest, dependable, and highly qualified....
I stand up for people and what's right; former Council Member; experienced veteran Peace Officer, 33 years; Citizens For Democracy, Chair; adopted puppy and kitten into our family; 5 children, many grandchildren; Homeowner; Martial Artist; Californian 51 years; down to earth; Spanish Speaking; have common sense."

JOHN J. "JACK' HICKEY/Libertarian

"I am an avocate for taxpayers and local control"
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:17 pm
margo wrote:
Do you really have to decide between all these and vote for them?

Sheesh!

I've vote for me - minimalist government! Razz

Well, we don't have to. And most people won't Embarrassed
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 02:36 pm
ARIANNA HUFFINGTON/Ind.

"I am running for Governor to break the hold that special interests have on Sacramento. To give the voters of California and independent, progressive leader. My opinions are not for sale, and my support will not be on the auction block. I am also running because I believe that the only way things are going to change is if We the People become outraged --and mobilized to remake our democracy."

S. ISSA/Rep.

"I want to work for better compensations for Teachers, Public Employees, Law enforcement and Business opportunities. We must support our Students and Seniors."
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:27 pm
MICHAEL JACKSON/Rep.

"I want all of our children to grow up proud to be Californians!"

TREK THUNDER KELLY/Ind.

"Dear Voter, Please vote for me, thus breaking the Seventh Seal and incurring Armageddon. I will legalize drugs, gambling, and prostitution so they may be taxed and regulated, the funds drived would subsidize the deficit, education, and the environment. I believe in peaceful resolutions backed by a strong military; I don't care who you marry or have sex with."
(Entire Statement)

EDWARD "ED" KENNEDY/Dem.

"I am Ed Kennedy, a new kind of Democrat. I am not a professional politician."
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Fri 12 Sep, 2003 03:43 pm
STEPHEN L. KNAPP/Rep.

"I believe in common sense government and fiscal responsibility. Thanks to all my supporters.
(Entire Statement)

ERIC KOREVAAR/Dem.

"I am a proud husband, proud father and proud Californian. I am a public high school graduate (La Jolla High 1977 Valedictorian), a Caltech graduate (B.S. Physics 1981) and an Engineering Ph.D. (Princeton University 1987)"

JERRY KUNZMAN/Ind.

"Please vote. (web address)"
(Entire Statement)
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:13 am
DICK LANE/Dem.

"Vote against the recall and then vote for me."

CALVIN Y. LOUIE/Dem.

"I'm more concerned about the health of our economy and the fate of our future than saving Gray Davis' job."

FRANK A. MACALUSO, JR./Dem.

"Go California! Diversity is our strength!...
Please vote for "Dr. Mac," Frank Macaluso, M.D."
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:23 am
ROBERT C. MANNHEIM/Dem.

"In 1972 I became a Cerified Public Accountant. In 1974 I became a member of the State Bar of California."

BRUCE MARGOLIN/Dem.

"We should teach basic criminal penalties and yoga in our schools. I've been the Director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws (N.O.R.M.A.L.) Chapter since 1973 and was Criminal Defense Attorney of the Year 1999)."

PAUL MARIANO/Dem.

"Governor Davis may be denied his legitimately earned role, even if voters prefer him to some fringe candidate....
If you oppose the recall process, if you believe in the democratic principle of full and fair elections--then vote for me."
0 Replies