Rush Limbaugh's 400 million payday

rabel22

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 10:13 am
Mysteryman
I don't like liers of any kind democratic republican or religious and will so state any time it is brought up here. Some say he dosent lie but what he dose do is twist the truth so out of shape that one wouldn't recognize it if he was to read what the man said. Do I care how much money he makes. No. I just resent that people like yourself can look at someone like him as a hero. He is the least of human beings.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 11:22 am
This is what turns people off about the Democrats.

If someone disagrees with them politically, the Dems demonize them, dehumanize them.

The Dems can't disagree in a civil manner.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 11:27 am
real life wrote:

If someone disagrees with them politically, the Dems demonize them, dehumanize them.

More trolling.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 01:48 pm
Edgarblith
I was going to ask Reallife what he thinks Rush does on his radio show but realized it would go over his head. I am sure that he believes Rush to be a paragon of truth and honesty. Not much sense in trying to reason with him.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:31 pm
mysteryman wrote:
rabel22 wrote:
Finn
I work for myself. But if you want to punish me don't buy gas. I own some oil stock.
Mysteryman
I don't watch Howard Stern and neither should you.

I dont, but that isnt my point.

You are upset about how much money Rush makes, because you dont like his politics.
But I have never seen you complain about anybody else that is an entertainer that is making that much money.

Do you just hate Rush that much, or are you more upset that he is making more money then you are?

Why would I want to punish you?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:35 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
real life wrote:

More trolling.

What is your definition of "trolling?"

Why is Real Life's comments "trolling," and rabel's are not?

Isn't posting the sole comment "more trolling," in and of itself "trolling?"
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 06:33 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Mysteryman
I don't like liers of any kind democratic republican or religious and will so state any time it is brought up here. Some say he dosent lie but what he dose do is twist the truth so out of shape that one wouldn't recognize it if he was to read what the man said. Do I care how much money he makes. No. I just resent that people like yourself can look at someone like him as a hero. He is the least of human beings.

I dont look at him as a hero, or as evil incarnate.
I havent listened to his show in 10 years, so I have no idea what he is saying on his show.
He has admitted to being an entertainer, with a conservative political bent.

Is he a liar?
I dont know.

But even if he is, I wont condemn or attack him for making money.
He is doing it legally, and as long as what he is doing is legal I dont care.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 08:48 am
'NYT' Cover Story on Rush Limbaugh Draws Flak
'NYT' Cover Story on Rush Limbaugh Draws Flak
By Greg Mitchell - E & P
Published: July 09, 2008

The nearly-8,000 word cover story on radio talker Rush Limbaugh in The New York Times Magazine last Sunday drew surprised approval from many conservatives -- and, now, condemnation from some others. Eric Boehlert at the liberal Media Matters, for example, ripped the Times today for "duping" its readers by assigning a conservative "dittohead" staffer, Zev Chafets, to write the piece without informing its readers of this "alliance." He asked for Public Editor Clark Hoyt to look into it.

Chafets appeared with host Bob Garfield on the weekly NPR program "On the Media" last weekend, and the show has now posted the transcript. Here is an excerpt. It is up in its entirety at www.onthemedia.org. Not included here is Chafets explaining how Limbaugh plans to avoid being labeled a racist in attacking Barack Obama.

BOB GARFIELD: Your piece on Limbaugh was very generous, I would say even flattering. You seem to give him a pass for his excesses. And when I'm talking about excesses, I'm talking about ad hominum attacks, truly mean-spirited stuff that goes way beyond satire and into the politics of vilification, and also playing fast and loose with the truth, seizing on some news item and grossly misrepresenting it and creating a lot of hubbub, using as the kernel of his satire something that is just fundamentally untrue.

ZEV CHAFETS: Well, do you have an example of that? I'm not an apologist for Rush Limbaugh, but I'm a little bit defensive because I think that the liberal media takes such an unfair view of him.

I hear people being vilified on the radio, on all sorts of radio stations by all sorts of people all day long. And Limbaugh is not worse than many of the ones I hear, even on NPR. He just has a different point of view.

BOB GARFIELD: "The NAACP should have a riot rehearsal, they should get a liquor store and practice robberies?"

ZEV CHAFETS: Not my sense of humor, but it's not a lie.

BOB GARFIELD: Did Limbaugh not say that Abu Ghraib was no worse than a Skull and Bones initiation?

ZEV CHAFETS: Yeah, he did. It's his opinion.

BOB GARFIELD: Yeah. Did he not deny that genocide was committed against the American Indian and state that the population is higher now than it was before Christopher Columbus -- of Native Americans?

ZEV CHAFETS: Mm, I don't know. I didn't ask him that either. I don't know what the population was before Christopher Columbus.

BOB GARFIELD: Yeah, it was about 15 million and, you know, by the 19th century it was 250,000. I mean, that's what - that's the numbers.

Okay, now I know [LAUGHS] you don't want to be an apologist for Rush Limbaugh or his spokesmen.

ZEV CHAFETS: Right.

BOB GARFIELD: But do you not think that he is answerable for things that are, at minimum, offensive and obnoxious and mean spirited that he has said on the air?

ZEV CHAFETS: Yeah, you know, I do think that, and I think he's answerable to the public. And I think that for people who find him more obnoxious and more mean spirited than other people that they prefer to listen to, then they should answer him by turning him off.

I wouldn't say that I see Limbaugh as an unmixed, you know, blessing, but I do think that it's good for the American media climate to have at least one very strong conservative Republican voice that is heard, you know, across the country. Now, there's more than one today, but they're all there only because Limbaugh was the first.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 01:57 pm
I wonder if BBB realises how like Limbagh she is herself - except of course that she lacks a sense of humor.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 9 Jul, 2008 02:02 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 11:55 am
Limbaugh Begins Second Phase of 'Chaos'
Limbaugh Begins Second Phase of 'Chaos'
July 09, 2008

ABC News' Steven Portnoy Reports: Rush Limbaugh, opening the second phase of his "Operation Chaos" campaign to make mischief within the Democratic Party, called on his millions of listeners Wednesday to take part in the Sen. Barack Obama campaign's effort to democratize the party platform.

In announcing his latest "orders from headquarters," Limbaugh called "all forward position troops in the 50 states - make that 57 states" to alert. (During the primary campaign, Obama mistakenly said that he had visited "57 states.")

Limbaugh, who is now referring to the presumptive Democratic nominee as "the Most Merciful Messiah, Lord Obama," urged his audience to attend open meetings at which the Democratic platform will be discussed.

"This year, with the blessings of the Messiah, Lord Obama, the process of writing the Democrat party platform will be open to the public. Do you see where we're headed here?" the nation's number-one commercial talk radio host suggestively asked.

This week, the Obama campaign and the Democratic National Committee announced plans to hold meetings in all 50 states to get voters involved in planning the document which details the principles, philosophies and goals of the party.

"You will be allowed to sit in the same room as elitist Democrat operatives to craft the Democrat party platform," Limbaugh told his audience - estimated by industry trade magazine "Talkers" to exceed 14 million listeners a week.

"In coming days, we will tell you exactly how you can participate in writing the Democrat party platform, at the request of the Most Merciful Lord Barack Obama."

During the first phase of the talk host's "Operation Chaos," Limbaugh called on fans to vote for Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., in open Democratic primaries, to belabor the process and leave both Clinton and Obama bloodied.

While no empirical evidence exists to back up his claims, Limbaugh maintains the effort was a success.

On his program Wednesday, Limbaugh also called on his listeners to enter themselves into the Obama campaign's lottery of donors who will be chosen to meet Obama backstage before his nomination acceptance speech at INVESCO Field at Mile High in Denver.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 06:53 pm
BBB,
Whats wrong with what Rush is doing?
I thought the dem process was open to EVERYONE.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:23 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
real life wrote:

More trolling.

Thanks for verifying my point. You cannot argue against it, so you resort to petty name calling.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Thu 10 Jul, 2008 10:25 pm
mysteryman wrote:
BBB,
Whats wrong with what Rush is doing?
I thought the dem process was open to EVERYONE.

Actually the DNC stated that they would welcome any conservatives to express their views in the platform writing process. http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2008/07/dnc-to-limbaugh.html
0 Replies