Rush Limbaugh's 400 million payday

mysteryman

Reply Sat 5 Jul, 2008 01:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
because someone posted a thread with his "payday" on it, You do not seem to get the concept too well. People are responding to BBB's topic.
If I posted a topic about how WWE is quality entertainment, Im sure Id get similar responses.

I dont know, whats WWE?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:05 am
Re: H20
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
H2O_MAN wrote:
Classic wealth and success envy, a typical left wing response.

H2O's mother wouldn't give him any toys to play with when he was a child. Instead, she gave him a left wing with which to fly. It didn't fly right and it bounced him on his head, resulting in permanent brain damage.

BBB

Good lord you're getting angry.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 12:28 am
Obviously if you think a market based economy is obscene, you are bound to believe it's results are as well.

Why limit your bile to Limbaugh? Ophra Winfrey makes far more than Rush. Obscene?

If there was a teacher that millions of people wanted to teach their children, he or she would make what Rush or Ophra make.

There is no shortage of people seeking to become teachers just as there is no shortage of people trying to become professional entertainers.

If you want to spike over haves and have nots, examine compensation levels within the ranks of entertainers.

The folks who set out to be teachers have an enormously better chance of making a decent wage than do those who set out to be entertainers.

There is a balance at work here which you obviously cannot fathom and it is based on market forces like supply and demand and risk and return.

You cannot make people value teachers more than entertainers.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:05 am
0 Replies

raprap

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:33 am
With $400M in the coffers, you should be able to buy enough drugs to overdose.

Congrats cuz Rush. Just one request--don't come home. We've been listening to your BS long before you became an addict. It was tiring then, and even secondhand--its tiring now.

Rap
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:43 am
Way to go Rush !!! Cool
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:09 am
Re: Rush Limbaugh's 400 million payday
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
How obscene is this? We can't afford to pay our teachers decent salaries, or our law enforcement officers and fire fighters who put their lives on the line every day, or the nurses who care for us, or the scientists who make our lives better, or the artists who fill our lives with beauty. ---BBB

Radio Host Limbaugh Talkin' Big Payday

BBB,

uh, are you aware that Rush's salary is NOT paid for by taxes, but by his employer?

there really are people in the US that don't work for the government and don't need to.

really, there are.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:43 pm
Just shows how far business has fallen when they keep a scumbag like Rush on the air. You can bet that I for one will check who is paying him and make certian that I don't buy their products.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 07:07 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Just shows how far business has fallen when they keep a scumbag like Rush on the air. You can bet that I for one will check who is paying him and make certian that I don't buy their products.

But you have no problem with the obscenity and the filth that Howard Stern spews?
Why is that?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 09:32 pm
rabel22 wrote:

Fair enough.

By the way - who do you work for so I can avoid buying their products.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 09:51 pm
Re: Rush Limbaugh's 400 million payday
real life wrote:
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
How obscene is this? We can't afford to pay our teachers decent salaries, or our law enforcement officers and fire fighters who put their lives on the line every day, or the nurses who care for us, or the scientists who make our lives better, or the artists who fill our lives with beauty. ---BBB

Radio Host Limbaugh Talkin' Big Payday

BBB,

uh, are you aware that Rush's salary is NOT paid for by taxes, but by his employer?

there really are people in the US that don't work for the government and don't need to.

really, there are.

We can afford to pay teachers more (they already make "decent" salaries), just as we can afford to pay fire fighters and the police more. We can also afford to pay scientists and nurses who are public employees more.

(As for artists - none of them should be on the public payroll and if they are they are paid enough)

We can afford these pay raises, but, obviously, we don't want to grant them, or we would.

Clearly we need teachers, police, fire fighters, nurses and scientists. If and when those who renew their ranks each year determine that it isn't worth their efforts, there will be a shortage of them and their value will increase.

(BTW - This has already happened with nurses, and scientists are hardly second class citizens)

The fact that there is no shortage of new teachers entering public education every year is testimony to the fact that their ranks are so watered down by incompetence that without performance standards, they shouldn't receive any increase in their salaries at all.

Can you imagine how many teachers there will be if BBB has her way and they receive the wages they "deserve?" Every kid in America will have his or her own personal teacher or teachers.

Again, BBB's entire premise reveals an utter ignorance concerning economic principles and is right in keeping with leftist notions.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:07 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Yep, Linbaugh is successful in what he does. Must drive you liberals nuts knowing that he is making that kind of money. Don't worry though, it will all be taxed and sent to the poor just like you hope.

He'll actually get to keep at least half of it.

Man, with that much money, I could buy a private jet, bop on down to Mexico and come back with 100 lbs of DDT so I'd never be bothered by insects again, and boxes of cigars, go out to the rifle range in my SUV and spend a delightful afternoon shooting cans of freon to try to bring the global cooling under control. I wouldn't even need any insect spray and my cat could lick my arms all she wanted without me having to wash them off with dish detergent when I got back.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 11:47 pm
Finn
I work for myself. But if you want to punish me don't buy gas. I own some oil stock.
Mysteryman
I don't watch Howard Stern and neither should you.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:49 am
rabel22 wrote:
Finn
I work for myself. But if you want to punish me don't buy gas. I own some oil stock.
Mysteryman
I don't watch Howard Stern and neither should you.

I dont, but that isnt my point.

You are upset about how much money Rush makes, because you dont like his politics.
But I have never seen you complain about anybody else that is an entertainer that is making that much money.

Do you just hate Rush that much, or are you more upset that he is making more money then you are?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 04:59 am
I don't care how much money he bilks the suckers out of. It doesn't come me or any of my people.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:26 am
I think people would be willing to pay public school teachers more if they and the institutions & unions they really serve were willing to be held accountable for the product they deliver. Unfortunately they resist that at every turn, insisting that they alone know what is good for the taxpayers who are forced to pay for their shoddy products. American public education righly deserves the contempt and indifference it gets from the public.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 07:37 am
edgarblythe wrote:
I don't care how much money he bilks the suckers out of. It doesn't come me or any of my people.

I didn't know you owned some people, EB.

well you learn something new every day here on A2K :wink:

How many ya got?
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 08:02 am
Well, you, for one - - -
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 08:45 am
edgarblythe wrote:

It comes entirely from advertising revenues and unless you can guarantee that you and "your people" are not buying any of the products in question, then you are in fact paying for it.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 8 Jul, 2008 08:51 am
gungasnake wrote:
edgarblythe wrote:

It comes entirely from advertising revenues and unless you can guarantee that you and "your people" are not buying any of the products in question, then you are in fact paying for it.

The advertising revenues from the show do not come from me, because I don't hear them and so am not influenced to buy any. The products I buy, even if they appear on that show, are revenue from another source.
0 Replies