Rape: What is it?

Francis

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:41 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
I believe in my position because it is in line with the facts as best as I know them, and because no one has been able to bring to light facts that are opposed to my position, or to show how the facts support another version of the truth better. Nobody here has tried either, but that is another matter.

This is the evidence of how delusional you are.

Shewolf, Dlowan, Dagmar, have exposed facts, sound comments, that contradicts your thesis.

You just disregarded/dismissed them based on your over dilated ego..
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:30 am
hawkeye10 wrote:
I said legalism and moralism, legal as in criminalizing sex, moralism as evidence by this thread and any other place one tries to talk about this subject. Look at my words, and then the emotional disdain that they generate..this is text book moralism. Legality and morals are products of the ego, rules to keep the heart in line. However the erotic is primarily an activity of the soul, of the heart. We moderns have somehow gotten the idea that we can will what ever we want into existence and out of existence (Pres Bush is a perfect example of this type of warped human). No we can't. Sometimes the heart must be allowed dominion, even though things can get messy when the heart is in charge.

Well, that doesn't clarify things very much. It's all very nice to talk about how "sometimes the heart must be allowed dominion," but that doesn't really mean anything.

Let's talk specifics. If a man, for instance, were to beat the crap out of you and anally penetrate you, would that be an instance where you'd allow the "heart to have its dominion?" Were the people who sexually abused your wife and daughters just letting their "hearts have their dominions?" Exactly how extensive is the heart's "dominion?" Is it broader than a woman's right to be left alone? Are there any limits?

hawkeye10 wrote:
soul/heart. Soul based=feeding the heart. What does the heart want? Sometimes it wants tenderness and cooperation, sometimes it wants a fight or at least a tussle. Feeding the heart is allowing a person what makes them healthy and happy. Only they get to decide what makes them healthy and happy, not the do-gooders. If a relationship where there is never any fighting and where only tenderness is shown makes a person happy then that is what the should have. If rough sex and lots of arguing makes a person happy then that is what they should have. I don't give a **** what people outside the relationship of the individual body think is right, I care what the people in the relationship and the individuals want.

That all presumes that there is a relationship in the first place. What about those instances where a man forces himself sexually upon a woman with whom he is not in a relationship? Is that still justified in your eyes because it "feeds the man's heart?"

hawkeye10 wrote:
Move off of criminalizing sex, move off of the moralizing about what is "good" sex and "bad" sex, allow people to do what they want, what they think is best for them unless we as a society have a very good reason to mess with their lives.

That presumes that "rape = sex." Just because the act of rape involves sexual penetration doesn't mean the participants are having "sex," any more than the act of casting multiple ballots in an election means that the voter is behaving democratically.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 07:20 am
Wow, I wake up this morning to three PM's asking me about my super long post.

So instead of writing back, Im going to post it here.

1) No. I dont believe that men are 'lower' im simply mirroring hawkasses behaviors and speaking patterns.

2) No. Men dont have a 'place' .. but this one does.

3) I love you all. Smile
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
Quote:
l, that doesn't clarify things very much. It's all very nice to talk about how "sometimes the heart must be allowed dominion," but that doesn't really mean anything
It only means something to those who already have some notion of what the difference is between operating from the head and operating from the heart.

Quote:
Let's talk specifics. If a man, for instance, were to beat the crap out of you and anally penetrate you, would that be an instance where you'd allow the "heart to have its dominion?" Were the people who sexually abused your wife and daughters just letting their "hearts have their dominions?" Exactly how extensive is the heart's "dominion?" Is it broader than a woman's right to be left alone? Are there any limits?
I am not suggesting that physical assault laws change. I have always maintained that rape as defined a the taking of another sexually by physical force should be criminal...and there are always limits to everything in life

Quote:
That all presumes that there is a relationship in the first place. What about those instances where a man forces himself sexually upon a woman with whom he is not in a relationship? Is that still justified in your eyes because it "feeds the man's heart?"

see above

Quote:
That presumes that "rape = sex." Just because the act of rape involves sexual penetration doesn't mean the participants are having "sex," any more than the act of casting multiple ballots in an election means that the voter is behaving democratically
sex is erotic intimacy, rape is sexual violation. Sex is not rape. I have never said anything that assumes that they are the same.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 11:25 am
shewolfnm wrote:
Wow, I wake up this morning to three PM's asking me about my super long post.

So instead of writing back, Im going to post it here.

1) No. I dont believe that men are 'lower' im simply mirroring hawkasses behaviors and speaking patterns.

2) No. Men dont have a 'place' .. but this one does.

3) I love you all. Smile

that post was a damn shame. You showed tantalizing hints that you could contribute to this thread, but you buried your thoughts in so much personalization that all was lost.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:02 pm
If anyone is actually interested in this thread subject the following is a good read
here

I don't think is is possible to read this and come to the concusion that consent is cut and dried. Also notice how this book is only ten years old and is advertised as the first book on sexual consent to be published, a fact that also blows away the claim that consent is well understood. It has in fact bearly been investigated as a previous link claimed

Obviously I disagree with much that is in this book, however I agree when the author says that we invalidate consent because what is consented to is morally repugnant to us as a society. My claim is that society has no right to tell two consenting adults what their relationship and sexual coupling must not be. We might not like what other people like, we might be repulsed by what they want to do, but absent a compelling reason to interfere we have no right to police individual relationships. Society has claimed and taken rights from individuals, but in my view has never made the case that this boundary violation is justified.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:15 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
You like to try and control how people argue with and respond to you, don't you?

I like to participate in discussions that have as a goal the arrival at truth, as apposed to supporting each others cherished notions and myths. When facts don't matter, when supporting documents don't matter, I know that I am not dealing with that class of people. I am not putting down all a2k'ers, only the ones who in multiple threads have shown themselves to be uninterested in truth. This is a fatal flaw for humans.

The truth according to Hawkeye. Why put anyone down because they don't agree with you?
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:22 pm
Intrepid wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
You like to try and control how people argue with and respond to you, don't you?

I like to participate in discussions that have as a goal the arrival at truth, as apposed to supporting each others cherished notions and myths. When facts don't matter, when supporting documents don't matter, I know that I am not dealing with that class of people. I am not putting down all a2k'ers, only the ones who in multiple threads have shown themselves to be uninterested in truth. This is a fatal flaw for humans.

The truth according to Hawkeye. Why put anyone down because they don't agree with you?

I don't, I put down people who claim to be making arguments based upon reality who in fact are exercising their aversion and protection of their personal myths. Honesty is important, those who can't bring themselves to be honest about what they are doing deserve scorn.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:30 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:

I don't, I put down people who claim to be making arguments based upon reality who in fact are exercising their aversion and protection of their personal myths. Honesty is important, those who can't bring themselves to be honest about what they are doing deserve scorn.

What is the difference between what you said and what I said?

According to your logic, scorn should be heaped upon you.

And, what do you know about reality? You appear to be far removed from it based on your "truths".
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:39 pm
Intrepid wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:

What is the difference between what you said and what I said?

According to your logic, scorn should be heaped upon you.

And, what do you know about reality? You appear to be far removed from it based on your "truths".

then go back to my words, find the errors in fact and/or logic, and destroy my arguments. There has been lots of character assassination and general misrepresentations of my arguments, but only that. You talk a big game, but what can you actually do on the floor??
0 Replies

Intrepid

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 12:42 pm
Haweye wrote:

Quote:
You talk a big game, but what can you actually do on the floor??

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to get all macho on us again?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:09 pm
hawkeye10 wrote:
Quote:
l, that doesn't clarify things very much. It's all very nice to talk about how "sometimes the heart must be allowed dominion," but that doesn't really mean anything

It only means something to those who already have some notion of what the difference is between operating from the head and operating from the heart.

Well, that doesn't mean much of anything either.

hawkeye10 wrote:
I am not suggesting that physical assault laws change. I have always maintained that rape as defined a the taking of another sexually by physical force should be criminal...and there are always limits to everything in life

OK, so is it safe to say, then, that your only problem with rape laws are those that define non-consensual sex, without any attendant force, as rape or sexual assault?
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:14 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

OK, so is it safe to say, then, that your only problem with rape laws are those that define non-consensual sex, without any attendant force, as rape or sexual assault?

So i guess it would be OK if someone else took the victim down, and was holding him or her down, with genitals or posterior exposed, and you just happened along, whipped out your little weenie and dipped your wick, huh, Hawkee? Sort of like Agrote only wishing to view images of child sexual assault that he doesn't have to pay for?

This tripe makes about as much sense . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:15 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Haweye wrote:

Quote:
You talk a big game, but what can you actually do on the floor??

What the hell is that supposed to mean? Are you trying to get all macho on us again?

I think he wants to dance with you, Boss. However, if i were you, i wouldn't go off with him into a dark corner to chat.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:20 pm
Setanta wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

So i guess it would be OK if someone else took the victim down, and was holding him or her down, with genitals or posterior exposed, and you just happened along, whipped out your little weenie and dipped your wick, huh, Hawkee? Sort of like Agrote only wishing to view images of child sexual assault that he doesn't have to pay for?

This tripe makes about as much sense . . .

Force is being applied, all who are involved in the encounter bear some responsibility for the crime.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:22 pm
But if the victim were, say, passed out at a party . . . that would be OK with you, huh?

You're pathetic.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:26 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
hawkeye10 wrote:

no physical force means that no crimial activity took place. I would require some demonstration of resistance, and some physical overpowering of that resistance, in order to make the act criminal. Otherwise the case goes though public health channels.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:30 pm
Setanta wrote:
But if the victim were, say, passed out at a party . . . that would be OK with you, huh?

You're pathetic.

if a person is passed out then they did not take part, they were violated. This too is rape.
0 Replies

Setanta

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:36 pm
Well, ain't that fuckin' brilliant. In that case, describe for me a circumstance in which rape can take place in which is can be justified.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 4 Jul, 2008 01:40 pm
Setanta wrote:
Well, ain't that ****' brilliant. In that case, describe for me a circumstance in which rape can take place in which is can be justified.

My position is that rape should be redefined, not that rape is ever justified
0 Replies