Why do Americans wear American flag as a boxer, underpants or underwear?

Leaffan

Sat 11 May, 2013 10:09 am
I mean, boxers, underpants or underwears with American flag on it. Is this a patriotic thing or they do that because they hate the flag and their country?

engineer

Sat 11 May, 2013 10:55 am
@Leaffan,
It's not done as disrespect. They probably just like the colors.
roger

Sat 11 May, 2013 01:04 pm
@engineer,
That's probably not their intent, but I have never considered saluting someone's skivvies.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 11 May, 2013 01:13 pm
capitalist propaganda has trained us to internalize branding, what you are seeing here is people trying to associate their personal brand with the USA brand.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Sat 11 May, 2013 01:52 pm
Speaking for myself (yawn) who cares?
Foofie

Sat 11 May, 2013 02:12 pm
It is not out of the realm of possibility to have patriotic genitalia, since some people do think with those organs.

Plus, if one is ready to partake in sexual relations, and at the point of undressing, to one's undershorts, the other person sees the American flag, it might enhance the relationship, since there are many people that will only have a committed relationship with another patriotic (American) person, in my opinion. That might not be politically correct to say on this forum, but I believe it is quite true. The concern even has a practical purpose, in my opinion, since a foreign born person might be able, at the point of breaking up the relationship, high tail it back to a foreign country with many things, including one's children.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sat 11 May, 2013 02:54 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Speaking for myself (yawn) who cares?

I do..I find people fascinating, I can spend whole afternoons doing nothing but watching people.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Sat 11 May, 2013 03:04 pm
http://ocanadagear.com/graphics/boxers_cdn_flag.jpg

http://th286.photobucket.com/albums/ll102/TenayaFashion/Shorts/SearchByColor/RedWhiteandBlue/th_RWBBritishflagboxers.jpg

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/391818598/vintage_mexico_boxer_shorts.jpg?height=160&width=160

http://i1.cpcache.com/product/441281815/swedish_flag_wtitle_womens_boy_brief.jpg?color=FuchsiaPink&height=460&width=460
Leaffan

Sun 12 May, 2013 03:53 am
@Butrflynet,
Do they wear these things as disrespect or because they are patriotic?
roger

Sun 12 May, 2013 03:58 am
@Leaffan,
I think that is a very good question, but there is not a single answer. There's also the possibility that some want to be obnoxious while hiding behind the flag.

Happens with religion too, in my opinion.
0 Replies

derekrose

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 05:08 am
@Leaffan,
well! this is sad. We should always respect our national flag.
chai2

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:03 am
@derekrose,
I have to agree.
Personally, I think it's disrespectful to put a anyones flag on underwear, or other items on which it could be taken as a joke

But, that's just me.
maxdancona

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:09 am
I don't get it. It is just a graphic design. And where is the limit... is the American flag the only thing that shouldn't be put on underwear or are there other things that are too "sacred" for undergarmets?
Lordyaswas

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:11 am
@chai2,
......apart from when it's the Union Jack (or flag if you're on land) emblazoned across a pair of Y Fronts, as this is just politeness, and gives a lady fair warning that she's in for the best 1 minute 45 seconds of her life.
maxdancona

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:13 am
@maxdancona,
http://egregores.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/jesus-thong.jpg

(This is as perplexing a theological question as I have ever run across.)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 07:26 am
@Lordyaswas,
I suppose, all real British men wear underwear made by a "waterproof and protective wax underwear producer" - at least appointed by the Queen the Queen Mother Duke of Edinburgh.
0 Replies

chai2

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 08:05 am
@Lordyaswas,
Lordyaswas wrote:

and gives a lady fair warning that she's in for the best 1 minute 45 seconds of her life.

You Brits, always bragging about your sexual prowess, coming up with these unbelieveable numbers.

As if.
0 Replies

gerohero56

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 02:24 pm
@Leaffan,
Why not? Treat it like a usual advertising.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Thu 4 Jul, 2013 02:35 pm
@chai2,
Me too.
I've gripes about what we have done off and on with hoisted flag, but I'm strongly for the process of us maturing as a country. My father's burial flag means a lot to me, though I don't do display.

It's more than a graphic for me. Maybe a plan for hope.

At the same time, I remember defending flag burners in my mind.
0 Replies

Michael Lalwani

Fri 17 Apr, 2015 04:24 am
@edgarblythe,
Hello,
If someone wear underwear printed your pic on his thong how do you feel?
(Buzzz)