Rape: What is it?

Francis

Mon 7 Jul, 2008 02:26 am
Mame wrote:
We're being a bit extreme here, aren't we? Hawk's views don't suggest that he's a..., rapist, ... etc.

Sorry, it really suggests it, at least to me (among other adjectives).
0 Replies

boomerang

Tue 8 Jul, 2008 09:31 am
I thought about this thread after reading an article in my paper this morning. A rapist is up for parole and several of his victims has stepped forward to speak out against paroling him.

Almost 30 years later, that night still effects this woman's life in terrible ways: http://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/12154893214980.xml&coll=7

Quote:
She stood up to run, but the intruder grabbed her and placed his hand over her mouth.

"The way he had grabbed me, I couldn't kick him. I couldn't grab a hold of anything. He just took me into my room," she said.

She screamed as he held her down, her hands and knees on the floor. He struck her several times in the lower back with his fist, and threatened to hit her again if she didn't shut up. Then he rolled her onto her back and tore her panties off. He pulled down his shorts and climbed on top.

Kelly struggled to reach for a hammer she had left next to her bed after hanging posters, but it was too far away. Her attacker yelled at her to spread her legs.

"I crossed my legs, and kept them crossed until he hit me in the stomach," she said. "He hit me, and I think my body just went limp."

She told him that her mother was due home soon. He said he'd rape her too.

Did she "resist enough", hawkeye?
glitterbag

Thu 12 Sep, 2013 11:00 am
@boomerang,
Rape is a criminal act. If a man is raped, does anyone ever wonder if his sexy underwear is a come on? What about strip clubs, do patrons ever drag a stripper from the stage to the floor to give her what she really wants? I don't think that's how it works, the bouncers take a dim view of men deciding their 'needs' trump the performance.

It's a very twisted view that any man knows better than the female exactly what she wants. If you want a partner who always let's you decide what she needs, hire a pro you cheap ass creep.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
momoends

Fri 17 Jun, 2016 03:17 am
@hotguy55567,
you should moderate your language and hate propaganda a little
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:35 pm
@hawkeye10,
Whatever it is it isn't the joking matter that Richard Dawkins makes it to be.

Richard Dawkins says rape is morally arbitrary! - YouTube
0 Replies

AugustineBrother

Thu 30 Jun, 2016 03:36 pm
@Joe Nation,
There is no confusion. That is doing something wrong. You can't expect what you shouldn't expect.
But you know what every father on here just learned ; That it be best to kill you if you come to the door for their daughter.
0 Replies

somba6

Sat 5 Nov, 2016 05:03 pm
@hawkeye10,
If rape is sex without consent, how can I know if they did have sex with me while I was unconscious? I know that unconsciousness is still considered rape but that's when you know for sure what happened. So how can I find out what they did?
ossobucotemp

Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:03 pm
@somba6,
I don't know, but am listening.

A good question that many have to ask.
glitterbag

Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:28 pm
@ossobucotemp,
This thread died several years back, and I think hawk is somewhere else.
ossobucotemp

Sat 5 Nov, 2016 09:55 pm
@glitterbag,
I am interested in who started it, all that long ago. The thread was long and I left, but am curious re the start. I doubt Hawk was the starter. He started one thread, but there are many re rape.
0 Replies