Trying to Resist Affair

steve1

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 07:04 am
i see what you were saying now rockhead, apologies for jumping the gun a bit there. dont think it is as simple as that though!

thanks for the kind words Izzie, really appreciated. I think what you said just about explains it, i haven't got many beliefs but if the ones i do have are broken i am not left with much of a moral compass at!

so thats that anyway, i have definatly made the decision not to take it any further, after thinking about it for so long it would not be any fun now anyway.

thanks
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 09:07 am
steve1 wrote:
... i have definatly made the decision not to take it any further, after thinking about it for so long it would not be any fun now anyway.

well done.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 10:32 am
Very Happy
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 10:33 am
just do it. grow some balls and do it.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 10:34 am
shut UP! Razz :wink:
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 10:44 am
steve1 wrote:
Erm yep we work together.

Ever hear the old expression, "You don't **** where you eat"? I am so pleased steve1, that you decided to walk away from this woman. Not only could you cause the problems that the other members noted, you could cause difficulties with both your and her career.

Any way that you slice it, it would have been a lose-lose situation.
0 Replies

steve1

Reply Fri 4 Jul, 2008 11:21 am
Yeah well I shat where I eat on this occasion, I think it will be ok though as we known each other so long we got a pretty good relationship anyway, she not a bunny boiler or anything so can deal with the facts from my point of view. It not like she been rejected, if it were not for family and kids being involved I would be a very happy guy at this point, the wrecking family thing has put a bit of a damper on things Sad

Ha ha OGINIK, it would be the easiest thing in the world for me to do it, I nearly did! the difficult thing is not doing it, thats taking plently of balls believe me
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Tue 15 Jul, 2008 03:01 pm
Rent "Fatal Attraction" - that will help you resist, too.

By the way, is she "teasing" other guys, too?

Girl sounds like she's got problems.
0 Replies

LostGirl811

Reply Tue 5 Aug, 2008 09:17 am
From someone who has been havng an affair with a married man for almost four years now....I say, DON"T DO IT!

Honestly, telling yourself it will be "just sex" is a crock of bull. Eventually one or both parties start to fall for the other person and generally, it is the mistress ( or 'mister' , in your case ;-)), or lover, whatever, that gets hurt. The married party never leaves the spouse, especially when there are kids involved.

I tell myself every day to stop seeing my married guy, and everytime I hear him on the phone I crumble and admit defeat and allow him to come over again and again. I'm stuck in a cycle where I feel a high to see him, and then feel a debilitating low when he leaves to go home to his wife. He can't hang out for birthdays, we can't go out on dates, he can't spend the night, and it's frustrating as all hell. Every day I fall harder for him, and I know it can't go anywhere.

now, there's a chance that you could be different, and maybe you CAN seperate feelings from just a purely sexual relationship, but do you want to take that risk? you say you will accept the hurt you might feel as 'punishment' and your own problem, but I assure you that that pain is horrid. you're better off avoiding to start such a relationship and find a nice single chick. There's plenty of hot, sexy, smart, funny women out there that don't have a husband and children. Save yourself the bloody grief....

that's all I have to say on that.
0 Replies