Lies, foibles and misrepresentations of Howard Dean.

Sofia

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:29 pm
...just as I'm sure no one would point it out if I were wrong.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 08:41 pm
Oooh, just stumbled on this most enjoyable thread. The Reps are gettin' worrieder and nastier. Will check in often!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:00 pm
PDiddie is a republican? That just beats all.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:03 pm
Question
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:03 pm
Twistin' in the wind. Oh joy!
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:08 pm
Calling a liar, a liar! Oh bliss!
Tartarin, you must have thought he would sail through, all virginal-like and adored by everyone....

Guess he's just a mortal. A lying, decieving, too-tight-collared, liquor-stealin' son havin', K Street Prima Donna mortal. :wink:

(You libs have been having all the criticising rights for too long. This is fun!) Laughing
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Tue 16 Sep, 2003 09:10 pm
I like him and trust him, Sofia, or were you referring to Bush?
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 01:19 am
Sofia wrote:
Additionally, this country is loathe to trust Dems--especially one, who has made major blunders in military information, such as Dean--when there are troops in the field.

As opposed to his opponent, who send these troops in the field in first place on junk information while covering up much sounder information that pointed to a Saudi-Arabian link to Al Quaeda, and questioning the patriotism of anyone who pointed out his mistakes to him?

You can't be serious.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 07:01 am
Clinton knew about Saudi and al-quaida, as did Bush 1...and Bush hasn't questioned the patriotism of dissenters to the war. Bush didn't create the mess--he's the only one with the balls to address it.

That is how the majority of Americans view it.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 10:11 am
Sophia wrote:

"I've been thumbing through polls, and despite the unprovability of WMDs and continuing loss of life in Iraq, 63% of the public still (as of this month) support the war, and think it was the right thing to do. Insulting Bush for the war insults the majority of Americans. I can't see this tack of Dean's winning votes, other than his hard core base--who don't have the numbers to win a general election".

And specifically "Insulting Bush for the war insults the majority of Americans"-----the Lefties just don't get it.
Those of us who believe the war in Iraq was the correct move and will ultimately prove to be the main battleground against terrorism take it personally when the Bush bashers insult the Pres for this policy.

Sophia also wrote:

Bush didn't create the mess----he's the only one with the balls to address it------this is how the majority of Americans view it.

A very astute analysis Sophia. " BINGO"
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 03:30 pm
perception wrote:
Those of us who believe the war in Iraq was the correct move and will ultimately prove to be the main battleground against terrorism take it personally when the Bush bashers insult the Pres for this policy.

Agreed on the polls showing a clear majority of Americans still thinking the war was the right thing to do. But when it comes to such a majority "taking it personally when the Bush bashers insult the Pres for this policy", I dunno, polls seem more ambiguous. There seems to be a sizable chunk of voters in the middle who think the war in itself was necessary, but Bush well deserves being criticized for the way he's handled it. Take last week's Newsweek poll for example: the majority thinking Bush is handling the situation in Iraq well and US efforts thus far have gone at least somewhat well is much more marginal: 51-53% rather than in the mid-sixties.
0 Replies

perception

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 11:26 pm
Nimh

Of course he should be criticized for the way Rumsfeld has handled the aftermath of the war because they did not forsee that the Iraqi army would just melt away---but who could forsee that? Hindsight is always 20-20. The important factor now is that they have made adjustments-----after much fumbling I agree--- but the adjustments are working from what I can tell. The media wants us to believe in failure but I believe they will proven wrong just as they were during the war.

The fact remains that still better than 50% believe the war was the right thing to do and that we must continue until we have won.

As for the strategy now to win against the extremists coming across the border to fight the Americans-----we can not telegraph our next move at this time.

Rumsfeld is not only a survivor but a very intelligent guy and you may be surprised by his next move.

The lefties are showing their desperation with the viciousness of their attacks but the net effect will be a deep polarization of the supporters of the Pres and many of those sitting on the fence will be driven into the Bush camp by the slanderous insults.

You may also remember that I was the guy who forcast that we would be in Baghdad on the day the statue came down-----as I remember I was having a discussion with you when I made that forecast.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Wed 17 Sep, 2003 11:44 pm
Perception- Good point about Rumsfeld.

Any objective observer of Rumsfeld's record in the last fifty yeats will agree that he is head and shoulders better than his predecessor, Madeline Albright.

P Diddie cannot find any rational well-known columnist who has said that Bush will resign before November 2004.
Why should he? He is leading in the polls?

It is,perception, a fantasy created by P Diddie.

You were correct.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 03:59 am
perception wrote:
You may also remember that I was the guy who forcast that we would be in Baghdad on the day the statue came down-----as I remember I was having a discussion with you when I made that forecast.

Yeh, I remember acknowledging that you were well on your way to being turned out right a little while before that, I think.

perception wrote:
Rumsfeld is not only a survivor but a very intelligent guy and you may be surprised by his next move.

I have no doubts about that - its one of the things that scares me! Very Happy

Now, Italgato:

Italgato wrote:
Any objective observer of Rumsfeld's record in the last fifty yeats will agree that he is head and shoulders better than his predecessor, Madeline Albright.

P Diddie cannot find any rational well-known columnist who has said that Bush will resign before November 2004. It is,perception, a fantasy created by P Diddie.

I'm interested in the juxtaposition of these two observations.

PDiddie posted a personal observation, and you lambast him for not being able to "find any rational well-known columnist" who shares his opinion.

In the very paragraph before, you posit a remarkable observation of your own: "Rumsfeld is head and shoulders better than Madeline Albright".

Can you find any rational well-known columnist who has said the same?
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 04:21 am
Responding to Italgato is an exercise in ridiculousness, nimh.

For starters, Madeline Albright wasn't Donald Rumsfeld's predecessor.

He's so wrong on so many levels and yet communicates his wrongness with such a foul sense of righteousness that if you were to be so unfortunate as to find yourself in actual conversation with him that you'd move quickly to the other end of the bar and hope he did not follow.

The best advice is to simply ignore him.
0 Replies

Scrat

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 05:05 am
Brand X wrote:
Ill say it again. When Dem supporters take a minute to catch there breath from so much fawning over Dean, and start looking at the substance of his blathering, he'll be toast. It's along way til Nov. and by then he will have changed his spots several times.

The only problem I see with your prediction is that I see little evidence that Dean's supporters tend ever to catch their breath and mull over the available facts on any subject. These are people who filter all of reality through a cheesecloth of personal desires, beliefs and biases.
0 Replies

PDiddie

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 05:25 am
Well, if it isn't Scrat...

(eyes quickly scan back of room for open table far from the bar)
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 07:42 am
"These are people who filter all of reality through a cheesecloth of personal desires, beliefs and biases."

Lola -- please intervene here and describe the process of "projection."
0 Replies

perception

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:28 pm
Tartarin

Why ask Lola? Here's your chance to show your "Texas" education.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Thu 18 Sep, 2003 09:31 pm
Troll Bridge! Shocked
0 Replies