Another republican?

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 10:15 pm
I wonder if it wouldn't be simpler for him to just scan it in as a pdf file? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:16 pm
Sorry, guys, have problem naking any sense at all out of the poster who constantly doesn't even know who he's replying to.

Go back and read, madam gato. Get the proper references to what ever you are talking about. See if you can understand the references to Gingrich. That would be almost funny about Alpha Centauri, if you knew what it is. Just as I'm quite positive you have no idea what an imminence gris is. or a pdf file.

Are you running out of names that you must now bring in Brodderrick? Is she a republican? Idiots abound. Are you just agreeing with him, sofia, or was there something substantative in this?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:25 pm
Sofia wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Laughing
I'm afraid I also need evidence of board sitting and shouting--not to be confused surrepticiously with yelling, or talking really loud.

Hmmm, after Blathams baboon description on another thread I am now picturing Cheney, Rumsfeld, and (she turned me into a)Newt all sitting on a teeter totter naked, hooting, and throwing dung at each other, and its all your fault!
Confused
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:30 pm
Funny--that's what I was seeing, too, sans poo. You're a little too creative. Confused
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:32 pm
You try owning two main coons and cleaning the litter box just before bedtime. Poo gets added to everything! Sad
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:45 pm
Mamajuana said of Mr. Rumsfeld:

ALL he does is sit on a board and shout.

That is obviously an error.

ALL means "the whole of"

I am sure that Mamajuana would not say that he sits on a board and shouts 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

But she did.

I am very much afraid that Mamajuana is given to meaningless generalizations which, when examined closely are useless throwaways.

If I said "All Clinton does is sit in the Oval Office to be fellated", I would be charged, and rightly so, with making a stupid unproven generalization.

And rightly so.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:48 pm
scrolling past the person whom the discussion has passed. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 11:50 pm
Joe from Chicago:
It would take a very long time for me to post all of Posner's book. I am not sanguine about the possiblity of anyone going to read the rest of Posner. I think you may since you have the training to understand what Posner is saying.

Incidentially, Posner, being not only a good writer but a brilliant and well informed man, never indulges in making stupid generalizations.

Posner makes statements and then gives evidence.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:01 am
Italgato wrote:
I think you may since you have the training to understand what Posner is saying.

Why, gato, that's the nicest thing you've ever said about me. I'm genuinely touched.

Italgato wrote:
Incidentially, Posner, being not only a good writer but a brilliant and well informed man, never indulges in making stupid generalizations.

Saying that Posner never makes stupid generalizations is, of course, itself a generalization. I'll leave it to others to determine whether or not it is a stupid generalization.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:34 am
Italgato wrote:
I really must say that I have read FrankAPisa when he made sense.

Frank A Pisa says all politicians lie, therefore Clitnon is not to be faulted.

I am very much afraid that Clinton took a plea bargain from special prosecutor( I hope that Frank APisa can point out other presidents who took plea bargains from the special prosecutor).

I am certain that Frank A Pisa is not aware that Clinton took a plea bargain in which he

l. Lost his law license for five years

2. Paid a $25,000 fine

3. Admitting lying in his depositions.

FrankA Pisa is not aware that the charges against Clinton are not that he indulged in sexual activities but rather that he lied under oath.

If FrankA Pisa doesn't know the difference, there are several good books I can refer him to.

However, Frank A Pisa's comments appear to make short shrift of the extensively documented and superbly reason- "An Affair of State".

Therefore, I will list another statement by Judge Posner which may give FrankAPisa some more insight.

P. 35

"In any event, no one thinks that violating a statute forbidding consensual sex between adults is a high crime or misdemeanor. Such statutes are dead letters."

P. 36

"The crime plausibly attributable to the President growing out of his affair with Lewinsky is obstruction of justice"

If you still don't understand that, Frank A Pisa, and you don't understand the President Clinton took a plea bargain on Jan. 19th 2001( his last day in office), I think I can try to explain it to you more fully.

Please do call me Frank.

And if you want to "explain" something else about Bill Clinton, do so.

I'm always willing to listen to conservatives talking about Bill Clinton. He was one of my favorite presidents -- and no true Bill Clinton supporter ever underestimates the value of what people like you did for Bill Clinton with your childish rage against him.

In fact, I'll even thank you for any help you may have been during the Clinton years.

BTW -- I mentioned this before -- but I guess I have to mention it again...

...I notice you make a practice of inappropriately paraphrasing people -- and then arguing against the inappropriate paraphrasing.

That is really a cesspool debating tactic, Gato -- used mostly by people who are so thoroughly beaten on the issues, they have no other choice.

I never said, "...all politicians lie, therefore Clitnon is not to be faulted."

As I mentioned before, if you have an issue with anything I write, quote it and give me the reasons for your disagreement. We can discuss it. But if you have to resort to pretending that I said something so that you can argue against your pretence -- you'd be better off just conceding defeat. At least that way people won't laugh at you.
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 09:50 am
"...no true Bill Clinton supporter ever underestimates the value of what people like you did for Bill Clinton with your childish rage against him."

Very good, Frank. They just don't get it. They also don't understand why they are treated as though they're repulsive: they don't look in the mirror. There's nothing funnier than guys walking around in shirt, tie, and pinstripe jacket... and diapers. (Anyway, that's how I picture most of our resident conservatives!)
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 15 Sep, 2003 10:32 am
[quote="Tartarin]There's nothing funnier than guys walking around in shirt, tie, and pinstripe jacket... and diapers. (Anyway, that's how I picture most of our resident conservatives!)[/quote]

Oh...that was funny. What a picture that conjured up!

They started acting like pre-adolescents the day Bill Clinton was elected -- and they just cannot let go.

It is hilarious!

They simply cannot let go.

Get into an argument with a conservative on damn near anything -- and if you want to throw him/her off track -- just say the words, "Hillary Clinton."

No context needed! Just say the words.

Their arguments go down the toilet.

Although I gotta say this. I am beginning to understand why they felt the way they did. If the new moron in chief has done anything for me, he has given me an insight into the conservative mindset regarding Bill and Hillary -- 'CAUSE I THINK DUBYA IS AN IGNORANT JERKOFF!

But I ain't gonna help him by getting hung up on him.
0 Replies