Another republican?

Italgato

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:19 am
I am very much afraid that the author of this post has forgotten that:

The post began with the question- Another Republican?

Of course, anyone with an IQ over 85 can understand that Another Republican tacitly excludes the present occupant of the White House.

And yet, we find the ever logical creator of this thread saying-"Not once on this thread have I heard anyone refer to what a great candidate Bush is"

To which my reply is-It would seem that the replies are not from mindless idiots since the replies are aware that they could not comment on President Bush by the very nature of the original guideline, namely, "Another Republican".
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 12:21 am
I hardly think that "hair" has any real connection to the worthiness of a candidate but since Elizabeth Dole's hair has been mentioned with regard to its "immobility", it seems to me that she is just slightly ahead of Senator Kerry in that regard. Kerry's hair has never moved in the last two years.

Or is that a wig?
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 06:34 am
Italgato wrote:
I am very much afraid that the author of this post has forgotten that:

The post began with the question- Another Republican?

Of course, anyone with an IQ over 85 can understand that Another Republican tacitly excludes the present occupant of the White House.

And yet, we find the ever logical creator of this thread saying-"Not once on this thread have I heard anyone refer to what a great candidate Bush is"

To which my reply is-It would seem that the replies are not from mindless idiots since the replies are aware that they could not comment on President Bush by the very nature of the original guideline, namely, "Another Republican".

I gotta tell ya, Gato -- I had to read that third paragraph over several times before moving on to something else.

Any paragraph that contains the phrase "anyone with an IQ over 85" and the phrase "tacitly excludes the present occupant of the White House" -- gets my full attention.

But I see that although you had all the words there, you still didn't make the right connection.

Hey, practice makes perfect.

Keep at it.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:46 am
Synapses, Frank, synapses.

Since this is my thread, madam gato, I suggest you either contribute something worthwhile, or take a nap.

It seems to have escaped your attention that we're having some fun here, and the attack mode is not always welcome.

Now, have you a suggestion for us?
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:12 am
Just read the Dole suggestion -- terrific. (I can't stand her, call her "Pearlie", and would enjoy the cartoons etc.)

Mamaj -- We're not supposed to have fun. This is supposed to be punishment and the righties make sure no humor, no levity, no intellectual bantering, no exciting and original thinking occurs in online forums. The RNC has squads of emotionally-deprived, born-angry weirdos who are encouraged to disrupt any real life in internet chatrooms. I suggest we step over these dark holes.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 06:39 pm
I also thought the thread title implied that Bush was not to be mentioned.

And, Liddie's hair? Another important reason not to vote for her... Shocked
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 09:56 pm
Your inferences are your own, sofia. All it says is "another republican?" Surely there is more than one?

And Lady Doles's hair looks like being the most important part of her
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sat 13 Sep, 2003 10:08 pm
I'd say you helped that inference along pretty strongly...

Mamajuana's initial post--
If you were able to pick a republican other than George Bush as a presidential canidate, now, who would it be? And why?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:41 am
Whoa
Whoa, why are any of us wasting our finger pecking time speculating on any other Republicans? The Republican Party is pretty much filled with extreme right wingers. Any moderate or liberal Republicans have been road kill for many years.

I'd rather spend my time speculating about the some of the provocative A2Kers. :wink: Twisted Evil

---BumbleBeeBoogie :wink:
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:47 am
Really, when I reread the intention of this thread, I'd have to ask, Where have all the Republicans gone? I'm serious. What we're dealing with in our administration and in these discussin are not what I'd call genuine Republicans. Anyone else noticed the same thing? Are they (as smart ol' BBB says) road kill? dust under the tires of the fanatics?
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:14 pm
Maybe part of a party line? Anyone who links McGovern, Dukakis and Dean together can't have have much of a viewpoint or study on this. Or much history on it. The differences in outlook, positions and beliefs were too dissimilar. Aside from the fact that they wre left of the prevailing presidency, (not difficult) they were disticnct personailities. As is evidenced today in writing about them. And of the biggest damaging factoris at that time was Newt Gingtich, who overreached himself and thought he was more powerful than he was. Within the year, his little republican group had faded off.

So, is there another republican or are they all alike? Can we substitute one from another, or are the names interchangeable? (I never said Bush couldn't be mentiond sofia). Is there such a large difference between Bush and McCain, for instance, that's it's worth looking at?

I think not. I think they don't dare switch horses, for fear of the horse drowning

Back to Dean for a moment. Looks like he's gained traction with his vews on the mid-east. And the republican party line? Still mired in the same mudhole. And what have the republicans got in the way of a growing economy except - gasp, more tax cuts which haven't worked once in almost four years, with promises of job growth to spur the ecomomy but damn all in the way of specifics except to mutter "I have a plan."

We 're coming up a different breed of cat. The jostling for position is normal Oh, it's fun and enteraining to poke fun. But, when you get right down to i t, who have the republcans got? And what? New Ideas? Fresh new faces? Urgency? Or a don't rock the boat attitude no matter what happens.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:27 pm
mamaJ, don't underestimate (she turned me into a)Newt. He is still an Eminence Grise for this administration.
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 05:49 pm
But for whom? Under Rumsfeld's personal choice. Rumsfeld's star is dimming, and Newt made too many enemies.

He is anything but an eminence grave here. All he does is sit on a board and shout. I do not overestimate, either. New's adorers aint there.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 08:58 pm
I really must say that I have read FrankAPisa when he made sense.

Frank A Pisa says all politicians lie, therefore Clitnon is not to be faulted.

I am very much afraid that Clinton took a plea bargain from special prosecutor( I hope that Frank APisa can point out other presidents who took plea bargains from the special prosecutor).

I am certain that Frank A Pisa is not aware that Clinton took a plea bargain in which he

l. Lost his law license for five years

2. Paid a $25,000 fine

3. Admitting lying in his depositions.

FrankA Pisa is not aware that the charges against Clinton are not that he indulged in sexual activities but rather that he lied under oath.

If FrankA Pisa doesn't know the difference, there are several good books I can refer him to.

However, Frank A Pisa's comments appear to make short shrift of the extensively documented and superbly reason- "An Affair of State".

Therefore, I will list another statement by Judge Posner which may give FrankAPisa some more insight.

P. 35

"In any event, no one thinks that violating a statute forbidding consensual sex between adults is a high crime or misdemeanor. Such statutes are dead letters."

P. 36

"The crime plausibly attributable to the President growing out of his affair with Lewinsky is obstruction of justice"

If you still don't understand that, Frank A Pisa, and you don't understand the President Clinton took a plea bargain on Jan. 19th 2001( his last day in office), I think I can try to explain it to you more fully.
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:03 pm
I really don't understand. I know that Rumsfeld's star is Alpha Centauri. It is defininitely not dimming.

I would like to see some proof that the star is dimming.

Any idiot can say that Alpha Centauri is dimming.

I never read that it is dimming.

Does anyone have proof it is dimming???
0 Replies

Italgato

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:08 pm
I never say Rumsfeld sit on a board. He sits on a chair.

I also heard him whisper softly.

If all he does is sit on a board and shout, I would like to see some evidence that all he does is sit on a board and shout.

I remember clearly when someone had the never to accuse President Clinton of raping Juanita Broadderick.

There was no proof, they said.

Proof is necessary, they said.

OK. I'll buy that.

I will exchange a charge that ALL Rumsfeld does is sit on a board and shout for

a charge that Clinton brutally raped Juanita Broadderick.

Of course, I have no absolute proof so I am not such an idiot as to make such a charge.

Others, howver, may not realize that they are idiots.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:16 pm
Confused
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:23 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Cool
Laughing
I'm afraid I also need evidence of board sitting and shouting--not to be confused surrepticiously with yelling, or talking really loud.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 09:35 pm
I think she was talking about (she turned me into a)Newt's position on the Defence Policy Board, and his frequent calls for the reorganization of the State Dept or the subordination of State to Defence under one secretary.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 14 Sep, 2003 10:13 pm
Italgato wrote:
Therefore, I will list another statement by Judge Posner which may give FrankAPisa some more insight.

I have a hunch that, by means of gato's generous use of quotations, we will eventually manage to read the entire text of Judge Posner's book.
0 Replies