That was more the point.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 10:48 am
http://blogs.indystar.com/varvelblog/06062008.jpg
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:13 am
...except those "bags" are other people, not Obama.

When are you guys going to figure out that Ayers, Wright, Rezko et. al. are not running for President, nor are any of them prominant people in his inner campaign circle, or have an even remote chance of being in his administration.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:20 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I don't think that the writers at, say, the National Review are discussing Obama all day long because of his commercials...

It's because he's a serious threat to them.

Cycloptichorn

Bingo. give that man a seegar.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:35 am
Obama is a serious threat to all of us.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/8/C/clinton_cigar.jpg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:37 am
I don't think Obama will necessarily be a bad president... but a merely competent one is not going to do. We need a great one at this time.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 11:55 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I don't think Obama will necessarily be a bad president... but a merely competent one is not going to do. We need a great one at this time.

Well, you certainly wouldn't know that from statements like this::
Quote:
Better for Hillary, if she is truly only interested in what's best for her... to stand away from the carnage, watch one of these two get elected and f*ck the country up even more than it already is (if that's possible)

OK, so, put it into some terms we can understand.
We all know you backed Hillary and were disappointed at her defeat, but really, what tangible evidence do you have that Obama is going to, or is capable of fvcking the country up worse than it already is.
That's a pretty bold statement, and seems to contradict the assertaion that "Obama won't necessarily make a bad President". Even at incompetent, he's not likely to out fvck-up Bush.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:03 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

And you think McCain will be a great president???
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:03 pm
I can see why you guys think Bear is pro-McCain now. He wants greatness and not mediocrity.

Just because some of you have "settled" for your candidate, you feel that mocking your brethren may earn you some brownie points with the others who have also settled for mediocrity. How droll.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:05 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Holy **** you are dense. How many times do you have to be told that bi-polar bear does not endorse nor support McCain? Will it even get through your brain?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:06 pm
McGentrix wrote:
I can see why you guys think Bear is pro-McCain now. He wants greatness and not mediocrity.

Just because some of you have "settled" for your candidate, you feel that mocking your brethren may earn you some brownie points with the others who have also settled for mediocrity. How droll.

Truly funny, as it seems nearly ALL of you Conservatives 'settled' for McCain. And he is having big problems securing support from his own party.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:10 pm
Who cares? My candidate won the nomination and I could care less what other conservatives think now. That's why it's funny watching the commotion you guys make to every post Bear has made.

They will come around, they always do. I wonder if you can say the same for the Dems?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 12:11 pm
McGentrix wrote:
Who cares? My candidate won the nomination and I could care less what other conservatives think now. That's why it's funny watching the commotion you guys make to every post Bear has made.

They will come around, they always do. I wonder if you can say the same for the Dems?

Oh, I think so. And I wouldn't be so sure about you guys this time. McCain is trying to play both ends against the middle, but he's not slick enough to do it.

Do you truly expect McCain to win? I'm interested in knowing.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:26 pm
McGentrix wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Holy **** you are dense. How many times do you have to be told that bi-polar bear does not endorse nor support McCain? Will it even get through your brain?

We know Bear doesn't support McCain. Further, we know that Bear likes to stir the pot, stoke the fire, etc and loves to poke a tender spot when he finds one. That said, Bear is a one man attack machine on one candidate while leaving the other untouched. That's hardly a neutral, "I hate them all" position. Worse, the candidate he is attacking is the one that would best represent his beliefs while the candidate he is giving a free ride to represents the antithisis of every position I've ever seen him state on A2K. Like the vast majority of people here, we have no hope of changing your mind and you have little hope of changing ours. Bear is in play. Your goal is to surpress his vote, to get him to stay home. Ours is to bring him over. We're going to engage him just as you will criticize us for doing so. We'll know in November who wins. Maybe the winner will be Bear.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:48 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Do you truly expect McCain to win?
I'm interested in knowing.

Yes.

And now you know Cool
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 01:57 pm
In the title of his thread, ebrown_p wrote:
Does Obama have any competition?

The answer is, unfortunately, no. Which is good for you as a Demcrat, but bad for everyone who isn't married to the Democratic Party, and would appreciate the option of supporting a Republican in the Eisenhower-Ford-Bush-senior-Colin-Powell tradition.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:00 pm
I have explained.... in plain unvarnished language, many many times why I think neither McCain or obama are the guys for the job. I'm tired of doing it.
If you really are interested in why I feel that way the answers are repeated often in my posts.... and always the same. But, just as you accuse me of only wanting to continually stir the pot, your interest is obviously to jump in the pot and exchange insults with me, not why I feel like I do. Good times, huh?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:08 pm
H2O_MAN wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Do you truly expect McCain to win?
I'm interested in knowing.

Yes.

And now you know Cool

I wasn't asking you; McG is light-years more knowledgeable about politics, at least based on the quality of posting, then you are.

His opinion is of interest, yours is not.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:27 pm
What I truly hope and what I truly believe is often dashed by my fellow man.

I know of only two absolute vote for Mr. McCain. Mine and his. I certainly hope he wins.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 20 Jun, 2008 02:34 pm
McGentrix wrote:
What I truly hope and what I truly believe is often dashed by my fellow man.

I know of only two absolute vote for Mr. McCain. Mine and his. I certainly hope he wins.

Yes, but you don't expect him to win. Do you?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies