John McCain has always been a phony & a scumbag; want proof?

cicerone imposter

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 12:59 pm
JTT, I believe there are more than two million refugees; with over one million who has left Iraq and the other million displaced elsewhere in Iraq.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 28 Jun, 2008 01:28 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
JTT, I believe there are more than two million refugees; with over one million who has left Iraq and the other million displaced elsewhere in Iraq.

Thanks for the update, CI.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 12:10 am
cicerone imposter wrote:

Half full - Half empty

Do you appreciate that you are seeking out statistics to support a political position?

Let's consider your dire statistics:

Under the prior regime, how many Iraqis who might have wanted to emigrate ("become refugees") had no such chance?

If Saddam had opened Iraqi borders to emigrees, how many millions do you think would have fled?

Do you feel the least bit of intellectual responsiblity to seek out the statistics concerning Iraqi refugee returns?

If you want to present a rational opposition to the American presence in Iraq, stop trying to guild the lily.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:08 am
bf said...

Quote:
I'm happy to tell you that the 21st Century GI Bill of Rights will become law. I just wish McCain had not opposed it so long before he supported it. Our heroes need a President who is an ally not a roadblock in their pursuit of the American dream

You mean like when Obama took credit for a bill he didnt even vote on?
Obama, in his first national TV ad rolled out Friday, claims credit for having "extended health care for wounded troops," citing the 2008 defense authorization. That bill passed 91-3 - but Mr. Obama was one of only six senators who didn't show up to vote.

So if he didnt vote for it, isnt it also wrong for him to take credit for it?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:40 am
mysteryman, this is what McBushie gets for voting against our troops benefits time after time. "View From The Battlefield: Why American Veterans Are Voting Obama"
Posted February 3, 2008 | 11:41 PM (EST) by John Hurley

Nine days ago at an election eve rally at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, a Vietnam veteran, tears welling in his eyes, wildly shouted his support for Senator Barack Obama.

Two fellow vets helped him to his feet to join in a raucous standing ovation for Obama. That Vietnam veteran, Noah Coakley of Key West, FL, is a man of dignity and reserve, a man who served his country for 20 years in the U.S. Army, including five tours of duty in Vietnam.

Across the country, this scene is repeated. Veterans in enormous numbers, with passion and fervor and commitment are turning out in support of Barack Obama.

Vietnam veterans are printing literature, "slim jims," at their expense, highlighting Barack Obama's support of veterans. An Iraq war vet, a merchant marine, and the daughter of a Vietnam vet are reaching into their pockets to buy "Veterans for Obama" signs.

Republican veterans -- from a 30-plus year career Marine in Beaufort, South Carolina, to a lifelong Republican who served three Republican presidents in the White House and the Pentagon - are turning out for Barack Obama, urging fellow veterans to support and vote for him. Retired Marine Corps Command Sergeant Major John L. Estrada, only the 15th Command Sergeant Major in the history of the Corps, has gone on the campaign trail and joined the chorus of veteran voices actively, passionately supporting Barack Obama.

From flag rank officers to grunts, veterans of every era and rank are turning out for Barack Obama.

Why? Where is this passion and commitment for a non-veteran coming from?

The answer is simple. It is because Barack Obama, the grandson of a World War II vet who fought in Patton's army, is passionate and committed to the issues that affect veterans and their families.

Senator Obama, when he arrived in Washington, volunteered for the all important, but not very glamorous, Senate Committee on Veteran's Affairs. In the wake of the housing and medical evaluation scandal at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Obama introduced a sweeping bill, called the Dignity for Wounded Warriors Act, calling for comprehensive reforms in how our combat veterans and their families are treated.

Vets support Obama because he will fully fund the VA healthcare budget, will bring Priority 8 vets back into the VA healthcare system, will expand the GI Bill to allow spouses and children to be eligible to use veteran benefits and will treat Guardsmen and Reservists equally, and he will comprehensively address the pain and devastation brought onto vets by PTSD and traumatic brain injuries (TBI).

And of critical importance, Barack Obama has pledged a "zero tolerance" policy to end veteran homelessness. The National Coalition for Homeless Veterans noted in Congressional testimony that "We extend our deep gratitude to Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) for catapulting homeless veteran issues onto the Senate agenda ...."

It is for all these reasons that veterans support Barack Obama for president. But mostly America's veterans support Barack Obama because his support of veterans and their families is passionate and unqualified.

And yet while we are veterans, we are Americans first. We see in Barack Obama a transformational candidate; we see, not a politician who wants to be president, but a man who wants to change our country.

Senator Obama embodies the bold, fresh, innovative, outside-the-Beltway thinking that we, as Americans, desperately need. He possesses the leadership and passion, the vision and thoughtfulness, the wisdom to unite our divided country, to re-establish our friendships around the world, to restore our standing as the greatest, most generous, caring, freest nation in history.

Barack Obama, beginning on day one of his presidency, will restore the greatness and promise of America.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:45 am
So your saying what?

Is it ok for Obama to take credit for a bill he didnt even vote for?
And if it is, then why is it wrong for McCain to take credit for a bill he initially opposed?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 06:51 am
mysteryman, what I'm saying is Bushie and McBushie have done what was nearly impossible, lost the military vote.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 07:05 am
blueflame1 wrote:
mysteryman, what I'm saying is Bushie and McBushie have done what was nearly impossible, lost the military vote.

But what does that have to do with my question?

Or are you simply afraid to answer the question?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 07:47 am
mysteryman, yeah afraid. Obama supported a bill that was going to pass overwhelmingly and he decided to stay on the campaign trail. McCain on the other hand voted against the GI Bill and wanted credit for supporting it. A huge difference. And the troops know it. McBushie gives them nothing but lip service. And that's why they're deserting the GOP chickenhawks who lied them into a war of choice and are voting for the guy who spoke out against the war in the first place.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:19 am
blueflame1 wrote:
mysteryman, yeah afraid. Obama supported a bill that was going to pass overwhelmingly and he decided to stay on the campaign trail. McCain on the other hand voted against the GI Bill and wanted credit for supporting it. A huge difference. And the troops know it. McBushie gives them nothing but lip service. And that's why they're deserting the GOP chickenhawks who lied them into a war of choice and are voting for the guy who spoke out against the war in the first place.

This is what I've been saying all along; that McBushie continued to cut veterans services and benefits while he gave lip service "to support our troops." I'm glad to see it's finally sinking into the troops, that puppet Bush is not trust-worthy.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:25 am
McCains Defaulted On Home Taxes For Last Four Years
I guess it's hard to keep track of your property taxes due when you have at least seven homes. ---BBB

McCains Defaulted On Home Taxes For Last Four Years, Newsweek Reports
June 28, 2008 07:16 PM

Newsweek is set to publish a highly embarrassing report on Sen. John McCain, revealing that the McCains have failed to pay taxes on their beach-front condo in La Jolla, California, for the last four years and are currently in default, The Huffington Post has learned.

Under California law, once a residential property is in default for five years, it can be sold at a tax sale to recover the unpaid taxes for the taxpayers.

The McCains own at least seven homes through a variety of trusts and corporations controlled by Cindy McCain.

UPDATE: Newsweek's story is now online. The report notes that the McCains paid the bulk of their back taxes yesterday, but continue to owe additional taxes:

When you're poor, it can be hard to pay the bills. When you're rich, it's hard to keep track of all the bills that need paying. It's a lesson Cindy McCain learned the hard way when NEWSWEEK raised questions about an overdue property-tax bill on a La Jolla, Calif., property owned by a trust that she oversees. Mrs. McCain is a beer heiress with an estimated $100 million fortune and, along with her husband, she owns at least seven properties, including condos in California and Arizona. [...]

Shortly after NEWSWEEK inquired about the matter, the McCain aide e-mailed a receipt dated Friday, June 27, confirming payment by the trust to San Diego County in the amount of $6,744.42. County officials say the trust still owes an additional $1,742 for this year, an amount that is overdue and will go into default July 1. Told of the outstanding $1,742, the aide said: "The trust has paid all bills shown owing as of today and will pay all other bills due."
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 08:48 am
It's all that straight-shooting and being responsible. He was preoccupied...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 09:17 am
Wow ... another hard-hitting Newsweek expose.

"County records show the bills, which were mailed to a Phoenix address associated with Mrs. McCain's trust, were returned by the post office. According to a McCain campaign aide, who requested anonymity when discussing a private matter, an elderly aunt of Mrs. McCain's lives in the condo, and the bank that manages the trust has not been receiving tax bills on the property."
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 02:20 pm
You don't honestly believe something like that will make anyone here believe McCain is less of a liar or scumbag do you? I mean he owns 7 properties! AND he owes back taxes!
0 Replies

okie

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:25 pm
I read the first couple of pages and now this page, and a few observations:

First of all, a suggestion to BBB, which has been made numerous times apparently to no avail, please cite the link instead of printing long and cumbersome articles directly in the posts.

Secondly, some of this is the reason I opposed McCain from the very beginning, I recognized the character flaws that the press was quiet about until now. In fact, they fawned over McCain as some wonderful maverick guy that was of impeccable credentials.

Lastly, all of this illustrates clearly how biased the press is, and how the press and the Democrats are hypocritical in how they use the issue of morality. They don't really care about it, but only use it as a political weapon when they think it is to their advantage. This also fits BBB and what her little mission is here as well. Otherwise, the Clintons corruption would have mattered to them. Observation of all of those years some of us would like to forget was quite instructive, thats for sure.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 29 Jun, 2008 04:39 pm
McGentrix wrote:
You don't honestly believe something like that will make anyone here believe McCain is less of a liar or scumbag do you? I mean he owns 7 properties! AND he owes back taxes!

McG: "This post brought to you by the number 5."

After months of remedial learning and a prodigious effort on McG's part, he has learned the numbers up to 7. We'll probably soon see his signature line change.
0 Replies

hanno

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:19 am
JTT wrote:
hanno wrote:
JTT wrote:
hanno wrote:

Sense of morality? Who the **** are you?

Are you indignant simply because you were missed, Hanno? Smile

It's pretty clear that I'm not someone who provides cover for criminals, murderers, thieves, liars, ... .

But note how quickly Tico comes right back at it. Instead of addressing the repugnant things that are being done, he wallows in them.

Don't cover for criminals, murderers, thieves or liars - wow, that is really impressive.

It's not at all impressive. It's simply what normal human beings do.

If you were of a mind to lower yourself though... I mean could you cut it as or amongst those horrible things or are you just speaking in platitudes about politicians and/or being self-righteous?

Cut the bullshit, Hanno. Perhaps a hundred thousand Iraqis are dead, half a million are refugees, how much Iraqi wealth has been stolen, how much destroyed? Why, Hanno, why?

I always speak plainly - you're the one who seems to think it means something in and of itself that you, you're precious important self, or the segment of the populace of like mind as I'm sure someone's been encouraging you, would choose to apply the terms in question. I mean, I don't think you'd do too well as the kind of criminal that opens up other folks pre-approved credit cards, much less as this unfit-ruler war-atrocity kindof thing you speak of with such latitude and certainty.

Nonetheless, just try not to get excited and experience bladder leakage and I'll explain. Iraq happened for various reasons which being of only limited self-righteousness I do not feel the need to make ham-fisted self-gratifying generalizations over and whine about. You want to call someone a criminal about it, I mean, metaphorically I'm sure there's a point to be made somewhere, but when a country does it it's called 'war'. That's not to say the dictionary definition is the only thing going on, nothing could be further from the truth, but to accuse other folk over you're choice of platitudes, like I said before, who the **** are you?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 09:05 am
Flip-floppers
Flip-floppers

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/opinions/cartoonsandvideos/telnaes/telnaes_main.html
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 09:31 am
Speaking of flip flops, isn't Obama a piece of work?

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/CharlesKrauthammer/2008/06/27/obamas_long_march
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 10:11 am
They both flip-flop; so what's the big deal? All candidates flip-flop on issues, all.
0 Replies