John McCain has always been a phony & a scumbag; want proof?

okie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 11:03 am
I would disagree with you in a couple respects, ci, one being that some are alot worse than others, and secondly, there is the possibility that a candidate can and should change his mind on an issue. I think flip flopping is characterized by repeated and rapidly changing answers to questions, depending on political expediency and who is asking the question and before what audience there might be. Also, to change ones mind is legitimate if the candidate sticks with that change, and states the reasons why, but to say one thing one day, another tomorrow, and then back to the original answer the third day, is a much more political and dishonest pattern.

In regard to Obama's answers to many issues, I think they were very politically designed and they change depending upon the audience and purpose desired for the answer. McCain does the same thing, I admit to that, but he is perhaps not quite as calculating or as good at it. I think McCain is more naive in regard to many issues, and therefore is somewhat clueless about the issues and where he stands on them. He is just not very consistent, but not as politically calculating as Obama.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 11:36 am
Let's face it; Obama knows how to play the political game better than McCain ever will. On a scale of zero to ten, Obama gets 8 while McCain gets 5. The polls back up my assumption.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 11:51 am
cicerone imposter wrote:
Let's face it; Obama knows how to play the political game better than McCain ever will. On a scale of zero to ten, Obama gets 8 while McCain gets 5. The polls back up my assumption.
And the wagerers have it more like 10 to 5. :wink:
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 11:58 am
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/mccain_surrogate_condemning_at.php

McCain begins to employ former swift boaters in his defense - a group who he previously condemned.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:09 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
http://tpmelectioncentral.talkingpointsmemo.com/2008/06/mccain_surrogate_condemning_at.php

McCain begins to employ former swift boaters in his defense - a group who he previously condemned.

Cycloptichorn

Well, at least McCain is not kissing up to the only Pres. ever impeached, I suppose. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:52 pm
"Impeached" has no value when there is no charge.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 12:54 pm
This thread should have been deleted 20 days ago.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 01:11 pm
mysteryman wrote:
So your saying what?

Is it ok for Obama to take credit for a bill he didnt even vote for?
And if it is, then why is it wrong for McCain to take credit for a bill he initially opposed?

Obama is on the Vets affairs committee, so probably had a hand in writing the bill.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 01:19 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

That doesn't surprise me. I did not take kindly to it when McCain trashed the Swift Boaters, but that is McCain, and of course Kerry was one of his buddy good ole boys in the Senate. Every day is a new day when McCain wakes up in the morning. Who really knows which side he will take? It probably depends upon whose ox is being gored, not whether the ox is where it is supposed to be.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 01:55 pm
okie wrote:
... Every day is a new day when McCain wakes up in the morning. Who really knows which side he will take?

Depends on which way the wind is blowin', which side of bed he got up on, whether he can remember what he said the day before. Hell, it makes no difference to a conswearvative.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 02:09 pm
JTT wrote:
okie wrote:
... Every day is a new day when McCain wakes up in the morning. Who really knows which side he will take?

Depends on which way the wind is blowin', which side of bed he got up on, whether he can remember what he said the day before. Hell, it makes no difference to a conswearvative.

Very deep analysis. Your contribution is ...............
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 02:32 pm
....always top notch.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 03:22 pm
woiyo wrote:

Well, at least McCain is not kissing up to the only Pres. ever impeached, I suppose. Rolling Eyes

Johnson was also impeached.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 05:15 pm
engineer wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Johnson was also impeached.

Well, that makes you half right, Woiyo. Better mark this momentous occasion on your calendar.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:14 pm
I find it interesting that the fact McCain served in Vietnam, he believes he's better equipped to serve as our president. Does that mean all soldiers who served in our military during war time is fit to become our president?

The "real" war heroes are those who gave their lives in the service of their country. They gave the ultimate sacrifice. What did McCain give?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 07:16 pm
Don't tell me it's because he suffered five years of torture. McCain approved Bush's torture bill.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 08:57 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:
I find it interesting that the fact McCain served in Vietnam, he believes he's better equipped to serve as our president. Does that mean all soldiers who served in our military during war time is fit to become our president?

The "real" war heroes are those who gave their lives in the service of their country. They gave the ultimate sacrifice. What did McCain give?

You convinced me, ci, you are right, what qualifies McCain to be president just because he was sitting in prison in Hanoi after being shot down while Obama was lollygagging around going to school, smoking pot, and doing cocaine?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 08:59 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

McCain is also white, old, male, a POW, a grandfather, and certainly some other things. But, I have never seem him claim that any single one of those makes him believe he is better equipped to be President. It's all of what he is and what he believes that makes him a better candidate.

If you have to ask what McCain gave, you haven't been paying attention. Keep your head in a hole if you choose.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 09:24 pm
cicerone imposter wrote:

This is such a monumentally idiotic comment it's not even offensive.

By your definition, Max Cleland is also not a "real" hero since he only gave up three of his four limbs.

Obviously then, Bob Kerrey isn't a "real" hero since he only gave up a leg.

And Bob Dole, that fraud, he didn't give up any limb, just the use of one.

All McCain gave up was the ability to dress himself because the Vietnamese repeatedly broke his shoulders. All he gave up was five years of his life. The pussy!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Jun, 2008 09:34 pm
The title of this thread is: "John McCain has always been a phony & a scumbag; want proof?"

McCain signed Bush's torture bill. 'nuf said.
0 Replies