George Bush's Legacy

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:26 am
parados wrote:
In case you missed it, the decision to sue Microsoft was initiated under the first Bush. Microsoft failed to live up to the consent decree they signed. Anyone that blames Clinton is attempting to rewrite history.

Wrong.

The decision to sue Microsoft was in 1998.

http://money.cnn.com/1998/05/18/technology/microsoft_suit/
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:27 am
Parados, you're no comic - don't quit your day job there buddy.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:31 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

The final 12 months of Clintons term (Jan 00-Jan 01) were marked by a devastating drop in the tech heavy NASDAQ, which had been one of the primary engines for growth in the 90s.
In case you didn't notice the last couple of years have been marked by a devastating 20% drop on the DOW and NASDAQ caused by the devastating crisis in the home mortgage sector which had been the primary engine of growth in the 00s. If Clinton is responsible then Bush is also responsible for the present economy. Investors bought mortgage backed securities they had no idea about.

The tech heavy NASDAQ meltdown can be traced directly to the government decision to try to take down the biggest player in the high tech field.

Bush does carry some responsibility for failing to foresee and prevent the real estate bust under his watch. But the speculative real estate market had been developing for many years and was by its nature unsustainable. More should have been done to rein it in, I agree.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:35 am
parados wrote:
real life wrote:

The NASDAQ dropped from over 5000 to 2500 in just one year. Half of the value of these companies was wiped out. Gone.
Nope. Half of the value of the NASDAQ was wiped out. Some of the companies were completely wiped out and some dropped 20%.

I referred to the companies collectively, as they were on the same exchange. I did not state or imply that each and every company lost 50% and only 50% of its value.

Rolling Eyes

parados wrote:
Investors bought stocks they had no idea about.

Are you speaking from experience, or can you read minds?

The NASDAQ meltdown was not caused by investors unknowingly buying into a few companies that turned out to be poorly run or managed.

The crash is directly traceable to the actions of the Clinton Justice Dept in their aggressive and overzealous desire to punish Microsoft and make a name for themselves.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 08:39 am
real, that is absolutely absurd. If ever a bubble existed, it was the bloated prices of OTC stocks. A lot of people made a lot of money on the predictable bubble bursting. It had nothing to do with the Microsoft case.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:43 pm
Let me draw your kind attention. The subject of this thread is about a person who is despicable, deplorable, detrimental .And his nasty, dirty, barbaric legacy.

In no other country this kind of person will get that much attention as in USA.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:45 pm
Wow, that's a really interesting viewpoint ramalamadingdong. Not.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:48 pm
keep aloof if you have no moral ethical, civil courage.
Truth hurts
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:49 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
Let me draw your kind attention. The subject of this thread is about a person who is despicable, deplorable, detrimental .And his nasty, dirty, barbaric legacy.

In no other country this kind of person will get that much attention as in USA.

I suppose that if Bush had left that really nice guy Saddam Hussein in power, you'd have a different opinion of him.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:50 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
keep aloof if you have no moral ethical, civil courage.
Truth hurts

Just ask Nancy Pelosi. Bush has hammered her with truth and she ran home to pout and lick her wounds.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:57 pm
Can you substantiate your above views. sir?
I had disapproved your two party system which is controlled by lobbyists and corporate CEOS.
Your political system is rotten to the core.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 12:58 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
I had disapproved your two party system which is controlled by lobbyists and corporate CEOS.

That must be why everyone wants to move here.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:02 pm
Don't sing the song of old Epithalemium.
USA had lost respect
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:17 pm
Lost the respect of whom? A bunch of backasswards muslim and left leaning countries?

I for one could care less. It was about time to tell them to go to hell. Way overdue actually.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:26 pm
cjhsa wrote:
Ramafuchs wrote:

That must be why everyone wants to move here.

Go, Ted. Cool
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:26 pm
SWorry sir.
I am not a Muslim nor a christian nor a jew nor a buddist nor a hindu nor a bahai. nor any Tom Dick and Harry religious adherants.
I am an athiest with Karl Marx, Gandhi, Nelson, MLK,' view.
Your country's Christianity in the name of 11th September is unfit I repeat unfit to preach sermons to others about morality, dignity, decency, duty , deciplince and democracy.
Kick the road and watch around your streets.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:54 pm
When we look back, Bush will stand for:

Death
Destruction
Diminishment of the USA and the dollar
Environmental damage
World hatred
Transfer of wealth upward
Banking and real estate crises
Stupidity
Poor speech
Degradation of our government
Corruption
Partisanship
Etc.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 01:58 pm
Advocate I can add umpteen adjectives to uphold my critcal views.
But historians are there to take your views and not mine.

Legacy is a rotten word in English after Bush
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:02 pm
" Exactly how does the brain accomplish this memory processing? What are the chemical or molecular activities that account for these effects? These questions raise a larger issue about memory in general: What makes the brain remember certain pieces of information and forget others? "

During slumber, our brain engages in data analysis, from strengthening memories to solving problems

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=how-snoozing-makes-you-smarter&print=true
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 11 Aug, 2008 03:59 pm
Advocate wrote:
When we look back, Bush will stand for:

Death - Over 100,000 innocent Iraqis dead.
Destruction - Iraq still lacks electricity and security.
Diminishment of the USA and the dollar The world community sees the US in less favorable light. The US dollar plunge is the first of its kind in this modern world.
Environmental damage Bush was never a environmentalist.
World hatred We've lost many former allies, and most of the Arab world now hates us for our occupation of Iraq.
Transfer of wealth upward The wealthy got wealthier while the middle-class and the poor lost ground during the past seven years.
Banking and real estate crises Not since the great depression has our banking system and home equity shown such huge losses.
Stupidity Everything Bush touched turned into a disaster.
Poor speech Bush is an embarassment as the leader of our country.
Degradation of our government Both the president and congress has some of the lowest performance rating in modern times.
Corruption There's been more republican public servants charged with crimes - including child molestation and bribes.
Partisanship Another lie from Bush; "I'm a uniter, not a divider."
Etc.
Too many to list.
0 Replies