Lieberman Forms Pro-McCain Group

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 05:07 pm
Announcement from Lieberman:
http://www.washingtonindependent.com/view/lieberman-e-mail

News article on the new group:
http://www.boston.com/news/politics/politicalintelligence/2008/06/lieberman_leads.html

Lieberman's new website:
http://citizens.johnmccain.com

Looks like he is collecting campaign contributions for McCain, too.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,220 • Replies: 31
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 05:58 pm
Democrats think Lieberman is a hypocrite and traitor. Republicans would swirl his head in the toilet if they found him alone in the men's room. Both sides would pick him last for a game of dodge ball. Like Rodney Dangerfield, that man is never going to get any respect - and he deserves none.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 06:54 pm
Green Witch wrote:
Democrats think Lieberman is a hypocrite and traitor.

I'm a Democrat, and I think he's a hero. I just joined his new organization about an hour ago -- told them I'd volunteer.

Green Witch wrote:
Like Rodney Dangerfield, that man is never going to get any respect - and he deserves none.

He was the Democrats' VP nominee in 2000.
0 Replies

LionTamerX

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 07:00 pm
Good luck. Laughing
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 07:02 pm
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

I'm a Democrat, and I think he's a hero. I just joined his new organization about an hour ago -- told them I'd volunteer.

Then you are as confused as he is about what each party stands for.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 07:11 pm
Green Witch wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

I know the Democrats just disenfranchised me.

And I know that in 2005 Barack Obama voted for a federal ban on .30-30 deer hunting ammo.

No confusion on my part. I know right where I stand.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 07:17 pm
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

And I know that in 2005 Barack Obama voted for a federal ban on .30-30 deer hunting ammo.

psst Oralloy, it's Ok to admit you're a Republican.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 10:38 pm
oralloy wrote:

I think you'll do really well with many Republicans, oralboy. I'm sure they'll be overjoyed to see you coming.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2008 11:41 pm
Green Witch wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:
oralloy wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

psst Oralloy, it's Ok to admit you're a Republican.

Not really. That would be dishonest of me.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 12:03 am
Lieberman is not a democrat or a republican. He is a politician who is interested in keeping his lucrative job. No different than any politician but just a tad more honest.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 06:57 am
The continued drama of those politicians that don't walk the party line... how pitiful it makes the hardcore party "elites" look.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:08 am
I think one thing you can't accuse Lieberman of just wanting to keep his job. I think he is sincerely wrong but sincere on his views which have widely differed from most democrats since around the time of the Iraq war and the patriot act and other issues in that line started to become questioned by the voting democrats. Not the democrats in congress; it took them awhile to realize how we felt, some of them changed accordingly but Lieberman didn't. In my view; Hillary is more like Lieberman except she did eventually (johnny came lately) change her tune somewhat for political reasons only.

What amazes me is that we all that were labeled outside the mainstream and the radical left were right all along and the right and Lieberman refuses to accept it and admit it even now and keep on defending the indefensible. Now they want us to believe them on Iran and believe them on the reasons to stay in Iraq and they present their argument as though they have credibility left to do so.

Senate Intelligence Committee Unveils Final Phase II Reports on Prewar Iraq Intelligence

The Bush administration who Lieberman has aligned himself with kept giving disputed evidence as though there were no dissenting intelligence. If they were honest they could have said something like "a majority of intelligence says this... but there are some dissenting views from the State Department (or whoever)" so that people in the US could have made an informed honest judgment on whether to support the US abandoning the UN inspections efforts which at the time of the invasion said to that point they had found no evidence of stockpiles of WMD.

For me it is the Iraq war which has turned me against Lieberman and his general hawkish stance on all foreign and terrorist matters. So whatever he says now don't matter a hill of beans in my view.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:08 am
rabel22 wrote:
Lieberman is not a democrat or a republican. He is a politician who is interested in keeping his lucrative job. No different than any politician but just a tad more honest.

He's had the job a long time and he's accumulated a lot of power, which means he's going to fight tooth and nail to see that Israel won't have to take Some responsibilty and give up something to the Palestineans. His conservatism is what keeps America in the toilet-- there's no such thing as diplomacy, just threats to the Jews and Israel.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:10 am
McGentrix wrote:
The continued drama of those politicians that don't walk the party line... how pitiful it makes the hardcore party "elites" look.

Liberman is an interesting character study. He's really become a one issue candidate. He's generally with the Dems on social issues, but when it comes to Israel issues, he is with whoever is the most militant (the Republicans currently.) That issue completely defines him. At least he's a willing to lay it on the line for his beliefs, but I think it is reducing his effectiveness since the Republicans will never embrace him and his alienating the Dems.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:14 am
revel wrote:
I think one thing you can't accuse Lieberman of just wanting to keep his job. I think he is sincerely wrong but sincere on his views which have widely differed from most democrats since around the time of the Iraq war and the patriot act and other issues in that line started to become questioned by the voting democrats. Not the democrats in congress; it took them awhile to realize how we felt, some of them changed accordingly but Lieberman didn't. In my view; Hillary is more like Lieberman except she did eventually (johnny came lately) change her tune somewhat for political reasons only.

What amazes me is that we all that were labeled outside the mainstream and the radical left were right all along and the right and Lieberman refuses to accept it and admit it even now and keep on defending the indefensible. Now they want us to believe them on Iran and believe them on the reasons to stay in Iraq and they present their argument as though they have credibility left to do so.

Senate Intelligence Committee Unveils Final Phase II Reports on Prewar Iraq Intelligence

The Bush administration who Lieberman has aligned himself with kept giving disputed evidence as though there were no dissenting intelligence. If they were honest they could have said something like "a majority of intelligence says this... but there are some dissenting views from the State Department (or whoever)" so that people in the US could have made an informed honest judgment on whether to support the US abandoning the UN inspections efforts which at the time of the invasion said to that point they had found no evidence of stockpiles of WMD.

For me it is the Iraq war which has turned me against Lieberman and his general hawkish stance on all foreign and terrorist matters. So whatever he says now don't matter a hill of beans in my view.

Yep, I agree. Especially about the sincerity-- I think he's an optimistic fellow, even when his run for president was tanking he just acted as if things couldn't be better. A bit of self-deception is a healthy thing, and he's got plenty to pass around.

Another thing, the man does not waver.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:14 am
Green Witch wrote:
Democrats think Lieberman is a hypocrite and traitor. Republicans would swirl his head in the toilet if they found him alone in the men's room. Both sides would pick him last for a game of dodge ball. Like Rodney Dangerfield, that man is never going to get any respect - and he deserves none.

Wow, nicely done!
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 07:23 am
sozobe wrote:
Green Witch wrote:

Wow, nicely done!

I think the more balanced people-- the one's who have religion in check do want to stuff his head in the toilet, but alas, there are plenty of the religious (not just the Jews) of the Bush variety, who maintain at all cost that Israel is the promised land and must stay with the Jews.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:21 am
I wonder why he dosent emigrate to Israel. He would be happier and so would most of the electorate.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:35 am
rabel22 wrote:
I wonder why he dosent emigrate to Israel. He would be happier and so would most of the electorate.

I think he's got a good thing going in Connecticut.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:40 am
Joe just realizes that the Democrats surrounding him in D.C. are some the most radical left wingers the U.S. has ever seen, and really shouldn't have to see. The leading half of the bell curve of baby boomers are in charge, including Bush, and that's the reason we're all screwed.

I am at the very trailing edge of the baby boomer bell curve. I'm embarrassed to be associated with them.
0 Replies