Lieberman Forms Pro-McCain Group

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:56 am
gosh cj that's too bad... because we're just thrilled to have you
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:05 am
Too bad you didn't hang out with some of the hippies I knew. They used to throw .22LR's into fires for fun. At least as a kid who grew up around guns, I knew what they were up to and knew enough to get the hell away from them.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 12:29 pm
cj, you clumped Bush in their with the left-wingers and are saying because of Bush we are screwed? well i'll be darned.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 12:51 pm
He's way too liberal for me. I support him on most of the issues that the haters here bash him for though.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 02:20 pm
I was born in sixt five, think I missed the hippie stage. Hippies have nothing to do with Lieberman choosing to go along with the administration on Iraq and other such issues; nor do radical lefties. He is simply a hawk on foreign matters and a liberal on other matters. It makes it hard for him to fit. However, he chose the side who manipulated the American people into war. Better to have stayed a hippie radical leftist pinko commie.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:28 pm
engineer wrote:
Liberman is an interesting character study. He's really become a one issue candidate. He's generally with the Dems on social issues, but when it comes to Israel issues, he is with whoever is the most militant (the Republicans currently.) That issue completely defines him. At least he's a willing to lay it on the line for his beliefs,

That sounds a lot like me, except it is the Second Amendment that trumps the DNC in my case.

engineer wrote:
but I think it is reducing his effectiveness since the Republicans will never embrace him and his alienating the Dems.

I think it's more a matter of the Dems alienating him than the other way around. When a party lets their radicals abuse their 2000 VP candidate to the point where he is willing to openly campaign for the 2008 presidential candidate of the opposing party, it is a sign that someone needs to rein in the radicals before they destroy the party completely.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:31 pm
cjhsa wrote:
some of the hippies I knew. They used to throw .22LR's into fires for fun.

Could put your eye out that way.....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 08:43 pm
Which Democratic priciples do you believe in, oralloy?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:49 pm
snood wrote:
Which Democratic priciples do you believe in, oralloy?

In general, higher taxes on the rich and more social spending on the poor.

In particular, I'd like to see a single-payer health care system.

I liked Hillary's 1993 health care plan (but wasn't impressed with her 2008 plan, or Obama's -- though I liked Kucinich's 2008 plan).

Canada's health care system would be a good model for America to follow.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2008 09:53 pm
I see the first round of anti-Obama gun control talking points are out.

Think I'll start a thread on them before I go to bed.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 08:26 am
oralloy wrote:
I think it's more a matter of the Dems alienating him than the other way around. When a party lets their radicals abuse their 2000 VP candidate to the point where he is willing to openly campaign for the 2008 presidential candidate of the opposing party, it is a sign that someone needs to rein in the radicals before they destroy the party completely.

I think the opposite is true. Most members of Congress supported him in his independent run for the Senate, even though he lost the local Democratic primary. He has not been "punished" in any way for his actions and still has all his plum committee assignments in the Senate. Of course, the Dems need his vote in their caucus, but he's seen very little backlash so far for his rebellion against his former party.
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 09:43 am
A lot of that could because this congress seems to be weak and ineffective.
0 Replies