MY GF Proposed to Me Today!

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:28 pm
On her knees yet. She treats me 100% better than any man ever has and well, I think she finally cured my bi-sexuality. She is my first butch GF. I never knew what I was missing! Wow!

She works for Mark Leno the openly gay senator (CA) who pushed through the marriage equality bill that vetoed by Ahnold. But now it's legal and even if something happened with the amendment, we still have Civil Unions.

Last night, she took me to Marriage Equality celebration with Mark so I kinda though that was a hint. This morning before we went on a private tour to Alcatraz, she got down on her knees and popped the question. I accepted. We haven't set a date yet but it will be soon. This is a May-December relationship, me being 59 and her 33. The only thing I don't like about that is that I constantly am bringing up stuff that happened before she was born but other than that, it's nice having a younger partner because I am so youthful.

After Alcatraz, she took me to Houston's, she won't let me pay for anything even though I make double she does. "ladies don't oay" She tells me.

We are watching Cry Baby, so back to the movie and...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,379 • Replies: 33
No top replies

McTag

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:54 pm
Strange, but interesting.

Congratulations.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 12:27 am
Hey, congrats, Roxxx... I'm very happy for you.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 01:22 am
McTag wrote:
Strange, but interesting.

I half agree.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 06:06 am
Roxanne--

I'm happy for you and your new love.

Of course I'm old fashioned about a shake-down, engagement period. After all, marriage is forever.

Best wishes to you both.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 07:35 am
Hey Rox, Congrats :-D
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 09:21 am
Re: MY GF Proposed to Me Today!
Roxxxanne wrote:
On her knees yet. She treats me 100% better than any man ever has and well, I think she finally cured my bi-sexuality. She is my first butch GF. I never knew what I was missing! Wow!

She works for Mark Leno the openly gay senator (CA) who pushed through the marriage equality bill that vetoed by Ahnold. But now it's legal and even if something happened with the amendment, we still have Civil Unions.

Last night, she took me to Marriage Equality celebration with Mark so I kinda though that was a hint. This morning before we went on a private tour to Alcatraz, she got down on her knees and popped the question. I accepted. We haven't set a date yet but it will be soon. This is a May-December relationship, me being 59 and her 33. The only thing I don't like about that is that I constantly am bringing up stuff that happened before she was born but other than that, it's nice having a younger partner because I am so youthful.

After Alcatraz, she took me to Houston's, she won't let me pay for anything even though I make double she does. "ladies don't oay" She tells me.

We are watching Cry Baby, so back to the movie and...

congrats, cured of bisexuality? thats a little prejudiced! LOL jk i know what u mean by it.

Jeez what kind of men u dating? yikes. well honestly men are fuckin tards aren't they? well wimminz with their toilet seat ranting, bleeding everywhere, emotions comeon!

Razz

one day ill be there! congrats again.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 04:36 pm
My honey read this and said it could be written about me:

Quote:
Who is the femme of this century and beyond, she who harnesses my heart and stirs my soul? She is her own special brand of queer. She lives in my mind, fluid and solid. She has learned to celebrate her body, herself. She has as many essences as there are sunrises, and she is true to them all. She is everything I ever wanted and am too humble to request. She makes me feel stronger somehow, more vibrant, more creative and more virile. Life with her is real and surreal. I'm not helpless; I am swept clean and made more powerful when we meet.

I am in awe of how femmes make me feel inside and out. The strength of her power over me, the rush, is as if I am Huck Finn, and all that is femme is The Mighty Mississippi River. She is my vision and my vehicle. She whispers and roars. In some places she fits in a single field of vision, as if barely a stream. In other areas, she is panoramic. Like the Mississippi, she is fierce, always moving, and deserves deep respect. She inspires a powerful passion in me. I hope to add excitement to how she moves, as if I could improve what is so incredible naturally.

Femmes are not the object of my desire, but the subject, and if I'm lucky, she'll share herself with me. To me, she is not objectified; she is immortalized. She is precious and strong, beautiful and inviting. Like a river's current, her essence is dictated by nature's laws. Like a river flowing upstream, seemingly defying the laws of nature, the powerful femininity of femmes is also defiant. Femmes are a special kind of outlaw. She is the backbone of what I consider civilized, yet often reviled by our culture. Femmes face a unique oppression, invisible as lesbians and to lesbians. She proudly wears every minute of her struggle against this stunningly well.

She is at once familiar and a riveting mystery. There are so many ways to be near her, and often, she has bathed me with soothing water in my rawest, most naked moments and places. She is not at nature's mercy. To me, she is nature. Like the Mississippi, she commands and demands attention when she believes its due. Recent the ories held that the Mississippi would change her course and create new paths. The River herself did not do that. Oddly, I felt that it was her choice. Similarly, heaven will have to save the fool who tries to build a dam to hinder or drive the path of the Femme of the Future.

Why do I so often feel like Huck Finn in the presence of fabulous queer femmes? I believe it has to do with the adventurer - afraid and courageous - who lives beneath the surface of most butches. We are curious. We have lived for decades yearning for woman we could not name. We didn't grow up in the company of femmes and could not imagine that such women existed for us. We dated women and began to learn about love. We learned to swim, skinny-dip, skip rocks, navigate rafts and admire glowing moonlight. Maybe we didn't know why we learned all of that. Perhaps we thought we were biding time. Perhaps we thought this was the best there was.

And then we met our first femme.

She enveloped us. She encouraged us to reveal our inner selves, to express concealed desires. It was as if we found new powerful strokes as we splashed our way with playful work, work-filled play, until exhausted. We learned what we had been desiring all along.

We learned the term "Femme". We experienced "Femme." She is my vision and my vehicle. It's easier to BE me than to EXPLAIN myself to the world. Just like Huck. I believe that Huck looked into the waters of the Mighty Mississippi and saw his best reflection. In the company of a femme, I am the best me I can be. The femmes I know now, the femmes of my future, are fabulous females, wonderful women. They are proud to be who they are. They are beautiful, inside and out, layer upon layer, above and below sea level. They courageously strive to learn more about themselves and the people they love. I see charity in their eyes as they gaze upon me. They are driven forward, on and on. They are fiercely connected to Mother Earth, and they defy Father Time. They are more radiant with each passing day, and they know how to fuel any fire they choose. They are strong and they are gentle. They are smart. They are vulnerable but never weak. They love and trust. They are savvy. They are femmes. The world feeds them, and they feed the world. They harbor life.

The future is now. The femme of the future is here. And when I'm lucky, she is mine, and I am hers. She is superlative: the best, the most, the finest. To me, she is the Mighty Mississippi, and I'm happiest when I'm awash in her. Her presence in the world, and in my life, makes the future grow brighter every day.

As butches and femmes we have more advantages today than ever before. Our community is growing, fueled by new methods of finding one another. I am gratified that young butches and femmes coming of age today won't feel alone for decades as I did. They will know that there are others like them who share similar passions, feelings, fears and dreams. The existence of Femme: the Magazine is proof that the world as we knew it is changing. Voices are louder and clearer when they want to be. I'd say that they want to be.

I'm getting my raft ready as I face the excitement that only the Mighty Mississippi can deliver.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 04:45 pm
Before Tico takes the word again, I have to ask: for how long have
you known each other, Roxx?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 04:48 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
I'm getting my raft ready as I face the excitement that only the Mighty Mississippi can deliver.

Wow. I have to use that one!
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 03:23 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Before Tico takes the word again, I have to ask: for how long have
you known each other, Roxx?

TMI (It's a long story besides)

Last night, while I was singing on stage at The Octavia, she came onstage, got down on her knees and proposed again with a diamond ring.

Wow! I was stunned. I felt like someone on that old show (I am dating myself!) This is Your Life. Everyone in the crowd loved it.

Every day,our love grows deeper and deeper, I have never ever been treated so well by anyone. And she is my first (and last, probaably) butch lover. I have heard how well they treat their femmes but I never expected anything like this.

She is really pushing me in my music career too. "Hoeny, Patsy Cline a'int got nothin on you" She said last night after I dedicated "Crazy" to her grandam who used to sing it to her. (Talking about dating myself!)

She is arranging studio time for me to complete my CD, artwork and the whole bit, lot of other things too.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 10:21 pm
Roxxxanne I hope that I am invited to the wedding. That is worth comming to the mainland for.

Congrats my friend, my friend.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:06 pm
You will be invited!
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 09:32 pm
Thank you Roxxxanne. I do appreciate progressive gurls.

The one thing I really do appreciate about MA is that he is not phobic about what anyone puts between their legs.

Sorta like live and let live.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:24 pm
To avoid interrupting the other threads that have moved on, I am posting this to Rox here.

Roxxxanne wrote:
squinney wrote:
Wouldn't any of us do the same if any friend or family member was taking advantage / riding coat tails for their own glory and doing so to your detriment?

Ya know you would.

Squinney, why has your "man" become a troll and what is his real problem? Aren't you embarrassed by the crap he posts here? It reflects poorly on you.

My man? I don't own him, nor does he own me.

No, I am not embarrassed. Why would I be? PROGRESSIVE is understanding that people, even those in relationships, are still individuals. If you, Rox, think Bears posts reflect poorly on me, it says more about you and your thinking than anything else. How unprogressive and misogynistic (your favorite word) of YOU to even suggest I should be embarrassed or that his thoughts reflect my own. I think and speak for myself, as does he.

Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
low blow harper.... squinney has done nothing to you... is well liked and respected by everyone (unlike you) and deserves no comment from some bitter tranny attention whore. Also, it doesn't hurt her feelings nor mine....nice try though.

You misspelled projection.

You are one of the most bitter trolls I have ever encountered on the > internet and I feel sorry for your wife. She must either be a complete kook or a saint. BTW let her speak for herself.

...you are welcome to come here and meet us (shana and I) IRL. You would be in for the surprise of your life.

What the hell? YOU bring me into it and then suggest HE let me speak for myself? Okay, here's ME speaking: "Shut up, bitch!"

And, speak for myself about what? He said it didn't hurt my feelings, you tell him to let me speak for myself... Were you trying to hurt my feelings or something? Sorry to disappoint you, but it didn't.

You throw the word misogynist around (at Bear and others) when your the biggest misogynist here. He would never want to be referred to as my Sugar Daddy, which is how you refer to your....whatever he/she is. Bear knows I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself... like a real woman.

Even here on this thread you make comments like:

Quote:

and

Quote:
She is arranging studio time for me to complete my CD, artwork and the whole bit, lot of other things too.

A REAL woman would obtain those things herself instead of relying on someone else.

Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
sexual orientation problems.... that's rich. I'm exactly your age Roxxxmanne.... and I still operate with all my original equipment.... Laughing

You call that peanut equipment? Women don't refer to their vaginas as equipment and mine is certainly not what it was when I was a virgin.

Our equipment? Double dildos, vibrators, strap-ons and, since i am a dominatrix, handcuffs, crops and stuff. My butch girlfreind had 8 orgasms last night and 13 (so far) today.

Maybe you aren't totally queera and want a "she-male". I have a 24 year old tranny girlfriend who is really hot that I am trying to get off the streets. But she is available as we speak if you can afford her. I know that is your secret desire. She is Asian and rather small though. I suspect you want it bigger.

so you stretched your vagina out in only 4 years? Is it still under warranty?

I have no idea what you are talking about and neither does Shana. When was the last time Squinney came 21 times in sixteen hopurs?

In that post you offer up another female as some sort of meat in exchange for money while in the same breath trying to pat yourself on the back as "helping her get off the street." You also "suspect" that Bear prefers bigger women, as if that's some kind of insult. Again, who's the misogynist?

As far as your last sentence in the above post... Get a fukin life.

Finally, your post today...

Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
you are hoisted by your own petard... attacking cj for exactly what you do. Please let's don't communicate.

I only defend myself against t your false and disgusting libel. If you don't want to communicate, don't reply to my posts.

Until Squnney apologizes and denounces your insults toward me, I will continue to criticize her. If it weren't for us women,you men would be total boors.

Laughing

Us women? Your kidding, right? You're 59 years old and became a woman about four years ago. Stop denying what we all already know. You may garner some respect if you just stopped lying about it.

You have no basis for demanding anything from me, expecially not an apology. If I'm sorry about anything it's that your self esteem is so low that you have to attack others to make yourself feel better. Posting on the internet that you're "all that" doesn't make it so. I find you hateful, spiteful and ugly on the inside. I can count exactly two people I've ever felt that way about, and Bear is not one of them.

Do not address me or in any way bring me into any more of your posts.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:44 pm
I might just break into a stimulating rendition of "Crazy" right now because I am feeling a bit spirited.

Cue it up, Bear.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:45 pm
Let's get down..... let's get funky.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:45 pm
Hell yeah.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:58 pm
http://www.billsaddiction.com/images/smilies/bf1.gif

Well said, squinney.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2008 03:58 pm
You know something Roxxxanne, your rendition of "Moonlight Over Vermont " is so beautiful. I do hope it is included on your CD. I promised you I would'nt put it on A2k, but I think you should.

And just remember, Sex is Sex, whether it's a man, woman or big bear (opps I meant big dog) and marraige is a spiritual union between two people regardless of their genitalia. Past or present Laughing Laughing Laughing

Please play Moonlight over Vermont and show people what a true artist is capable of. I know that you cry all the way to the bank.

Oh and MA wants to come to your wedding too.
0 Replies