Breaking: Obama resigns from Trinity church.

Brand X

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:48 pm
But is it too late?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,085 • Replies: 48
No top replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:50 pm
Re: Breaking: Obama resigns from Trinity church.
Brand X wrote:
But is it too late?

For what?

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:51 pm
first i've heard of it...
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:57 pm
Re: Breaking: Obama resigns from Trinity church.
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Brand X wrote:
But is it too late?

For what?

Cycloptichorn

Is it too late to cost him any African-American votes?
0 Replies

Brand X

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:57 pm
The campaign obviously sees this a problem that won't go away, there's no other way to spin it.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 03:58 pm
Who is the alternative again?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 10:23 am
Well what do you know. Obama has proven once again to only be another politician who will drop friends and any one else who might get in the way of his presidential race.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 11:22 am
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9111UBG0&show_article=1

yup... he did it... after 20 years... after his personal friend and mentnor who married him, baptized his children, advised him, he quit the church who comforted, lifted and supported him and his wife and children because it was politically expedient (maybe) to do so. What do you know, Obama is a politician... and just a guy... with feet of clay.

Now will come the flood of the faithful to spin it and say "Obama can't win... if he stays in the church you'll call him a racist and put him down for it..... if he quits you'll call him an unfaithful politician and put him down for it". Then you will call everyone out of your camp a racist, a rabble rouser, you will shine up your superior shoes and continue your superior dance. Good luck with that. You're hilarious. :wink:
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 11:37 am
Wouldn't any of us do the same if any friend or family member was taking advantage / riding coat tails for their own glory and doing so to your detriment?

Ya know you would.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 11:51 am
No. I would put a boot in the ass of the offender... not quit myself...and I wouldn't stand up in front of the world and say that I was quitting because everytime a meanie said a mean thing it made people mean to me. Crying or Very sad

Of course I'm not an above the fray trying to bring things to a higher level for the world hero.... I'm just a bear...
0 Replies

revel

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 12:29 pm
Actually the reason he resigned most likely had to do with the new Chicago's priest comments. Probably one thing too many.

Michael Pfleger Rant - Final Straw or Obama Exit Strategy?

I don't think Obama resigning his church is going to make a difference for any pro-Obama or anti- Obama people.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 12:35 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
No. I would put a boot in the ass of the offender... not quit myself...and I wouldn't stand up in front of the world and say that I was quitting because everytime a meanie said a mean thing it made people mean to me. Crying or Very sad

Of course I'm not an above the fray trying to bring things to a higher level for the world hero.... I'm just a bear...

What does it matter what you would do? The church has become a huge distraction. The war, the economy, climate change, $4 gas and you are worried about Obama's decision about quitting his church?
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 12:53 pm
squinney wrote:
Wouldn't any of us do the same if any friend or family member was taking advantage / riding coat tails for their own glory and doing so to your detriment?

Ya know you would.
Squinney gets the prize. Obama had little choice but to disassociate himself from an organization whose leaders have repeatedly chosen to exploit his membership to acquire their own 15 minutes of fame.

Interesting how Bear recognizes the contradiction in "he's screwed if he does, and screwed if he doesn't"… but then backtracks to the idiotic lie that everyone not in Obama's camp will be called racist. Rolling Eyes

Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Yeah. Go kick the holy man's ass in the middle of your Presidential run. Are you sure you can't think of something dumber than that to suggest? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 01:07 pm
Maybe he has feet of clay or maybe he realized his spiritual mentors were hypocrites with feet of clay. People leave churches that they can no longer believe in all the time.......and are not noticed because they are not running for office. How quickly will the crazed commentators point to this resignation from his church as proof that he is actually a Muslim.

My brother and his wife became dis-satisfied with the church they belonged to because one of the Ministers was being pushed out during some in-house rangling between Ministers. When they discussed their concerns with the Church elders they were told if they left the Church they would be abandoning Christ. Pretty enlightened. That's one of the reasons I avoid organized religion.....the in-fighting doesn't seem very God-inspired.

How come we are not hearing any of Hagee's diatribes on Fox TV?????
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:39 pm
Bill try to read for context.

And btw if you think that posing jerk off in a roman collar is a holy man I submit that you're the f*cking idiot, not I.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:41 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

What does it matter what you would do? The church has become a huge distraction. The war, the economy, climate change, $4 gas and you are worried about Obama's decision about quitting his church?

It doesn't matter what I would do. I was answering a direct question.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:02 pm
glitterbag wrote:
People leave churches that they can no longer believe in all the time.......

thanks for posting this.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:04 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

And btw if you think that posing jerk off in a roman collar is a holy man I submit that you're the f*cking idiot, not I.
Laughing I've yet to see any religious figure that I thought a genuine liaison to a higher power (or any evidence of a higher power, for that matter), but your suggestion remains equally idiotic regardless of one's religious views.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:08 pm
they don't generally do it after 20 years unless some amazingly radical change occurs. Since no such change has occurred in the church (this is not new preaching, message or guest speaker apparently) but rather in Obama ( he is now running for president) I think it's harder to attach that generalization.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 03:11 pm
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Laughing I've yet to see any religious figure that I thought a genuine liaison to a higher power (or any evidence of a higher power, for that matter), but your suggestion remains equally idiotic regardless of one's religious views.

that's a major litany of yours I've notice O'Bill to anyone you disagree with... that they and/or their statements and opinions are idiotic.
0 Replies