Do one night stands ever turn into more?

Sglass

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 04:35 pm
. . . and then there are bandstands
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 04:44 pm
I'm another one who married someone who just never went home after the first night.

I'm also not against one night stands for sex only, Just don't use people.

I think you need to figure out what you think about all this, Danielle Jean, and not get into alcohol for fueling one night stands and guilt routines - that can be a sad and unfruitful journey of disquietude.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 04:45 pm
If you wanna meet up with him, go for it. Even if it goes nowhere but a nice time, what is there to lose? A good meal in it at least, as you said. Smile

So there are all these great stories of people having long marriages from one-nighters. That hasn't been my experience at all. The few times I've done something like this - we spend some time together for a while and then parted ways.

And that's not bad in itself! Not everything has to 'go somewhere' either, so long as you are ok with that.

He might be an interesting guy out of the bedroom. Ya never know.
0 Replies

sullyfish6

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:50 pm
My guess is that you are feeling a little ambivalent about this because you don't really remember much, probably from the drinking.

Let him buy you "some good Indian food" and see if you can start over and get to know him, sober, and as two human beings just trying to get to know each other to see if anything really clicks.

In my day, we got to know each other before jumping into bed; today, people jump into bed and then get to know each other.

I don't know which one is better, but I never slept with anyone I didn't know or at least like before having sex with them. I never got up and asked myself "who was that?" - I always knew.
0 Replies

Aubreyea

Reply Fri 13 Jun, 2008 07:21 pm
go ahead
wow..
it seldom happened to anybody..but go have a try,.,who knows he is your soulmate... (don't think if you believe in it)
0 Replies

The Pentacle Queen

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 05:46 pm
DJ, feel free to hate me for bringing this up... but wasn't it you who made loads of posts a while back about the catholic religion's attitude to sex?
Is this where the guilt comes from?

If it helps I'm in exactly the same situaiton. Iv'e had a couple of one night stands and I always feel guilty even if I liked the guy. In fact I've got a whole thread on it somewhere here, which may help.
I used to be an orthadox christian. It's a ******* hard bug bear to shake off. Felling desire and discust at the desire at the same time. Bluh.

Shewolf, and the other ladies. If only the world had more people like you it would be a better place.
I wish that it could be more widely recognised that morals can come from internal judgements rather than blanket rules and dogmatic religious systems.
0 Replies