Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 08:38 am
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 10,955 • Replies: 53
No top replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:23 am
Sorry CJ but that's nothing to do with trusting the French (you heard of General Lafayette, btw?!). Your confusion is due to the fact you read the NYT.

Communist newspapers - what next?
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:26 am
I read the NY Times for laughs.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:28 am
Given that the United States is not at war with Hamas, and that Hamas is the elected representative of the Palestinian people, one wonders how this would be evidence that the French are untrustworthy.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:29 am
Negotiating with terrorists Set? You an Obaman?
0 Replies

High Seas

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:34 am
I wish someone would explain to me why, if the enemy is Al Qaeda, we first invade Iraq (no connection whatsoever with AQ) and now actually contemplate an attack on Iran (actively opposed to AQ).

Meanwhile plenty of arrests of folks spying for Israel but not a single - that means ZERO - arrest of anyone alleged to be spying for Iraq, or Iran, or Hamas.

If we can't even decide WHO IS the ENEMY then we don't have a prayer, imho.

And no, the enemy is not France; they're an ally. Israel is not an ally and never will be - no US president would sign such a treaty and no US Senate would ratify it.

Please get a grip CJ. It's not Obamamania, it's common sense.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 11:54 am
Well, HoT High Seas has dealt with that succinctly . . . although i suspect it won't sink in.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 07:54 pm
How does this, in any way, provide any evidence of France not being able to be trusted?

High Seas has hit the mark on this one. Very well put.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 09:15 pm
To anyone with more brains than an average beagle, this is evidence the French cannot be trusted.

Nothing new.

They sold tons of war gear to Saddam while the embargo was in place as well. We should have taken out Paris in addition to Baghdad.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 19 May, 2008 09:23 pm
Sure as hell glad they didn't get involved in our fight for independence from the British!
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 05:03 am
cjhsa wrote:
To anyone with more brains than an average beagle, this is evidence the French cannot be trusted.

Nothing new.

They sold tons of war gear to Saddam while the embargo was in place as well. We should have taken out Paris in addition to Baghdad.

Do i need to post the picture of Rummy shaking Hussein's hand with a sh*t-eatin' grin on his face in Baghdad, preparatory to selling him the poison gas he would use on his own people? Maybe you should nuke Orange County, California, too, and hunt down and kill all the Reaganites.

Loser.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:20 am
Right.... loser.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:39 am
Funny how the left wing cannot get facts straight. If you believed Set, Rumsfeld was actually over there helping run the mustard gas generator.

The know-how and material for developing CW were obtained by Saddam's regime from foreign firms.[12] By far, the largest suppliers of precursors for chemical weapons production were in Singapore (4,515 tons), the Netherlands (4,261 tons), Egypt (2,400 tons), India (2,343 tons), and West Germany (1,027 tons). One Indian company, Exomet Plastics (now part of EPC Industrie Ltd.) sent 2,292 tons of precursor chemicals to Iraq. The Kim Al-Khaleej firm, located in Singapore and affiliated to United Arab Emirates, supplied more than 4,500 tons of VX, sarin, and mustard gas precursors and production equipment to Iraq.[13]

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum and now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and energy company while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.[14]
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:48 am
Maybe Setanta can look into his crystal ball and tell us now who in 20 years will be the bad guy that we are supporting now?

That would certainly allow him an "I told you so moment".
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 06:53 am
High Seas wrote:
I wish someone would explain to me why, if the enemy is Al Qaeda, we first invade Iraq (no connection whatsoever with AQ) and now actually contemplate an attack on Iran (actively opposed to AQ).

Meanwhile plenty of arrests of folks spying for Israel but not a single - that means ZERO - arrest of anyone alleged to be spying for Iraq, or Iran, or Hamas.

If we can't even decide WHO IS the ENEMY then we don't have a prayer, imho.

And no, the enemy is not France; they're an ally. Israel is not an ally and never will be - no US president would sign such a treaty and no US Senate would ratify it.

Please get a grip CJ. It's not Obamamania, it's common sense.

I like you. For a conservative, you're pretty sound.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:19 am
Hussein did not use simply mustard gas on the Kurds, he used a mix which included sarin, tabun and VX. Guess where he got it, loser.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:34 am
From the Wikipedia article on the Halabja attack

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum and now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and energy company while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc.

On March 12, 2008, the democratic government of Iraq announced plans to take legal action against the suppliers of chemicals used in the poison gas attack.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:36 am
Set does the same thing to Wikipedia that he does to the Constitution.

Thank God you can edit Wikis, eh Set?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:42 am
Wikipedia gives the following sources:

LA Weekly's "Made in the USA" article.

The Reuters Foundation AlertNet article "Iraq says to sue Halabja chemical weapons suppliers."

I am not registered at Wikipedia, and have never edited or even attempted to edit an article. When i have seen something in an article which i thought was wrong, or something missing, i have left a note on the discussion page. (Ask your asshole buddy McWhitey about editing articles at Wikipedia.)

As for the inference that i "edit" the United States Constitution, it's a simple matter to look up the passages i quote, and prove me wrong, if you think you can. Even a school child, or a Loser such as you can do that.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 07:45 am
Dumbass, you just reposted what I posted.... minus the part that tells you where all the stuff came from....

Just plain lame dude!!!!
0 Replies