The Lionization Of Edward Kennedy

JTT

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 06:46 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
dlowan wrote:
"Why are you guys wasting your time with lesser demons like me?"

Practice.

Somehow I don't think this was intended to insult snood and JTT, but of course it does.

Maybe I'm wrong though and you hold the two in the same low regard I do.

Nahhh... Just a smug, glib misfire.

Very nice.

You're way way too sensitive, Finn. Take a deep breath. You are loved despite your goofy ideas. Smile
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 06:53 pm
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
dlowan wrote:
"Why are you guys wasting your time with lesser demons like me?"

Practice.

Somehow I don't think this was intended to insult snood and JTT, but of course it does.

Maybe I'm wrong though and you hold the two in the same low regard I do.

Nahhh... Just a smug, glib misfire.

Very nice.

You are SUCH a wally.

Actually, it wasn't intended to insult anyone....not even you.

I thought your comment was kind of funny...I like irony....and I answered in the same ironic vein....ie that arguing with you was good practice for dealing with the greater demons. I also think the point you sort of made by your comment, about how much energy we waste getting steamed up with each other on an internet forum, instead of doing something out there, where the "greater demons" are, is an ongoingly good point, and I am often laughing at myself for that.

I'll remember that you are a humour free zone in future.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 23 May, 2008 08:19 pm
engineer wrote:
Everyone seems to be talking past each other here. It's pretty obvious that Kennedy was a spoiled brat as a youth and a highly irresponsible young man who used his father's connections to avoid responsibility for his conduct. It is also obvious that as a middle aged and now senior statesman, he has garnered respect from both sides of the isle and will receive the same ovation upon leaving the Senate that Dole did. We just have to live with the dichotomy.

Ah... the voice of reason can be such a surprisingly soothing relief.. especially when it is surprisingly rare to be heard...
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:18 pm
nimh wrote:
engineer wrote:
Everyone seems to be talking past each other here. It's pretty obvious that Kennedy was a spoiled brat as a youth and a highly irresponsible young man who used his father's connections to avoid responsibility for his conduct. It is also obvious that as a middle aged and now senior statesman, he has garnered respect from both sides of the isle and will receive the same ovation upon leaving the Senate that Dole did. We just have to live with the dichotomy.

Ah... the voice of reason can be such a surprisingly soothing relief.. especially when it is surprisingly rare to be heard...

But should the actions of his youth and his irresponsibility be cancelled out by his actions as a Senator?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:34 pm
"cancelled out" ...
How does that work? Can't we just acknowledge the dichotomy (as, after all, one exists in all humans), like engineer said?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 12:44 pm
snood wrote:
"cancelled out" ...
How does that work? Can't we just acknowledge the dichotomy (as, after all, one exists in all humans), like engineer said?

Sure we can, and I do.
But that doesnt mean that we ignore the actions of his youth, or his irresponsibility then or now.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:22 pm
"Ignore" ...little hazy about that one, too - if we don't mention the worst thing the man ever did every time we talk of him, is that "ignoring" his past?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:30 pm
mysteryman wrote:
snood wrote:
"cancelled out" ...

Sure we can, and I do.
But that doesnt mean that we ignore the actions of his youth, or his irresponsibility then or now.

But your selectivity, MM, brands you as a blind partisan.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:32 pm
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
snood wrote:
"cancelled out" ...

Sure we can, and I do.

But your selectivity, MM, brands you as a blind partisan.

What selectivity?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:35 pm
mysteryman wrote:

What selectivity?

Laughing Any ole posting of yours would do, MM.

=============

snood wrote:
MM, this just makes you look disingenuous. You know dang well McCain's age and history would make his health more suspect. Well, to a reasonably objective person, it would.

That wasnt my point.
I was simply pointing out that nobody seems to care that Obama hasnt released his.

Also, as a black man, Obama is predisposed to certain diseases, ones that strike the black community with more prevalene then the white community.

How do we know he doesnt have any of those diseases?

I am speaking about diseases like
Sickle Cell Anemia
http://www.blackhealthcare.com/BHC/SickleCell/Description.asp
AIDS
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/resources/reports/2006supp_vol12no1/table8.htm

and others.
As a citizen, I have the right to know if he has ever had or has now those diseases.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:38 pm
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

What selectivity?

Laughing Any ole posting of yours would do, MM.

Then pick one about Kennedy or Obama that shows I have been selective or lied about what I have said.
It shouldnt be hard for you to do.

=============

snood wrote:
MM, this just makes you look disingenuous. You know dang well McCain's age and history would make his health more suspect. Well, to a reasonably objective person, it would.

That wasnt my point.
I was simply pointing out that nobody seems to care that Obama hasnt released his.

Also, as a black man, Obama is predisposed to certain diseases, ones that strike the black community with more prevalene then the white community.

How do we know he doesnt have any of those diseases?

I am speaking about diseases like
Sickle Cell Anemia
http://www.blackhealthcare.com/BHC/SickleCell/Description.asp
AIDS
http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/topics/surveillance/resources/reports/2006supp_vol12no1/table8.htm

and others.
As a citizen, I have the right to know if he has ever had or has now those diseases.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:41 pm
mysteryman wrote:

Could you give me the legal source for this right, please?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:43 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Could you give me the legal source for this right, please?

No I cant.
I am just echoing the sentiments that seem to be coming from the left about McCains medical records.

I have said it before that any candidates medical records are unimportant and meaningless, but if the left wants to make a big stink about McCains medical records, then their candidate MUST be held to the same standard.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:08 pm
mysteryman wrote:
I have said it before that any candidates medical records are unimportant and meaningless, but if the left wants to make a big stink about McCains medical records, then their candidate MUST be held to the same standard.

McCain gave the press and public a peek at his medical records in 1999 ... I'm now just trying to fing GWB's medical records from that time ...
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:35 pm
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

McCain gave the press and public a peek at his medical records in 1999 ... I'm now just trying to fing GWB's medical records from that time ...

Why?
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:41 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
Walter Hinteler wrote:
mysteryman wrote:

Why?

Traces of cocaine and other illicit drugs.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 11:44 pm
We don't have a legally protected right to receive access to candidates medical records, but when a candidate refuses to release certain information about him or herself, (e.g. medical records, tax returns etc), it is almost certain that the voters will believe something is being hidden.

McCain would have been crazy not to release his records, but before long I expect to see fringe posters blathering about how the records contain coded references to syphilis and dementia. So what? They have already blathered about him having affairs with lobbyists and calling his wife a c*nt in public, but it wasn't for these folks that he needed to come forward with the records. It's not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has suffered from melanoma, just as it is not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has habitually smoked for years.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:20 am
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
...It's not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has suffered from melanoma, just as it is not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has habitually smoked for years.

This brings up an obvious question. With all the efforts of people to ban smoking in public places, the concerns over second hand smoke, and so forth, and so forth, how come there isn't more of a ruckus being made over Obama's smoking habit? Many questions come to mind. Has he actually quit? For good? How can he be a good role model for young people? Has he caused other people's health to suffer by his habit? What does it say about his ability to make good decisions? Is the habit a sign of an addictive personality that may affect his decision making ability, etc.? How come we aren't seeing articles about this, in which all kinds of speculations and analysis are presented?
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:29 am
okie wrote:
Finn dAbuzz wrote:
...It's not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has suffered from melanoma, just as it is not unreasonable to have some concerns for the health of a candidate who has habitually smoked for years.

This brings up an obvious question. With all the efforts of people to ban smoking in public places, the concerns over second hand smoke, and so forth, and so forth, how come there isn't more of a ruckus being made over Obama's smoking habit? Many questions come to mind. Has he actually quit? For good? How can he be a good role model for young people? Has he caused other people's health to suffer by his habit? What does it say about his ability to make good decisions? Is the habit a sign of an addictive personality that may affect his decision making ability, etc.? How come we aren't seeing articles about this, in which all kinds of speculations and analysis are presented?

I'm sure Newsweek and The NYT are preparing major stories right now.
0 Replies

okie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:37 am
Do you have information that they they are? I have assumed the issue has been purposely ignored so far, and so why would they come out with it now if they in fact are?
0 Replies