Appeasing Nazis

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:29 am
The difference between FDR and Truman was interesting. From different worlds. But, we do need to thank Truman for ending WWII so effectively, and sparing the lives of perhaps over a million American men in uniform.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:34 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:
Those Jewish appeasers

Barack Obama is not the only one who should be taking offense at President Bush's insistence that anyone having truck with terrorists is no better than Neville Chamberlain and, furthermore, ignores the lessons of the Holocaust.

According to an opinion poll last February, 64% of Israelis -- many of them Holocaust survivors or their relatives and descendants -- wanted their government to talk directly to Hamas.

Many Israeli analysts and senior military officers have long felt the same way. For example:

Hamas is not going to disappear," says Shlomo Brom, a former Israeli military chief of strategic planning. "They're not Al Qaeda; they're a national political movement." Brom, who favors indirect negotiations with Hamas, says he believes a dialogue could help moderate the Islamists. (Newsweek, March 7, 2008)

Appeasers all, in President Bush's world view (and John McCain's, apparently -- although it differs with what McCain said about Hamas a couple of years ago)

As for Iran, also the focus of Bush's and McCain's appeasement wrath, here is Bush's own Defense Secretary:

In a speech given to a group of former American diplomats, Robert Gates, the US Secretary of Defense, stated that his country needs to seek dialogue with Iran. He advocated engaging Tehran diplomatically, rather than simply attempting to intimidate it. (The National, Abu Dhabi, May 16, 2008)
link

When did Israelis become a criterion for U.S. policy?

When our top leadership became filled with aggressive Zionists.

Cycloptichorn

Sorry, if you are alienated from U.S. policy and those that value it.

What does this even mean?

Cycloptichorn

I'm assuming your sentence above, "When our top leadership became filled with aggressive Zionists" reflects a less than positive opinion towards the U.S. foreign policies in the Middle East. And, if that is your opinion, and it is less than positive, than I do believe it can be equated to a degree of alienation from the official U.S. position relative to the Middle East. And, I'm therefore sorry for you, that you don't seem to be "on-board" with the official U.S. position relative to the Middle East.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:39 am
I see; in that case, you are completely correct. I am not 'on-board' with our middle east policy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:44 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
I see; in that case, you are completely correct. I am not 'on-board' with our middle east policy.

Cycloptichorn

You have every right not to be "on-board." However, please do understand that those "aggressive Zionists," you make mention of, have the same citizenship rights that you have, and therefore can have a preference for international friendships that you might not share.

If the country has policies that you do not subscribe to, perhaps you should remember the fable of the grasshopper and the ant. The grasshopper was fiddling during the summer and didn't spend the nice summer gathering food like the ant.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:46 am
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

You have every right not to be "on-board." However, please do understand that those "aggressive Zionists," you make mention of, have the same citizenship rights that you have, and therefore can have a preference for international friendships that you might not share.

If the country has policies that you do not subscribe to, perhaps you should remember the fable of the grasshopper and the ant. The grasshopper was fiddling during the summer and didn't spend the nice summer gathering food like the ant.

I agree completely. But my side is the ant. The Zionists are the grasshoppers.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:47 am
The View co-host brings up Prescott Bush's Nazi ties by David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Published: Tuesday May 20, 2008

When host Whoopi Goldberg raised the issue of George W. Bush's comparing anyone who wants to talk to Iran or Syria with the appeasers of Nazi Germany on Monday's edition of ABC's The View, the panel erupted into furious debate.

Conservative Elizabeth Hasselbeck repeatedly attempted to question whether Bush's remarks were really aimed at Barack Obama. She insisted, "It's not always about him," and suggested Obama is being defensive because he knows his support for talks with Iran is a weak spot.

"I think the president was very clear in what he meant," Goldberg replied tartly.

"The Bush administration is out there talking to North Korea, talking to Syria," noted liberal Joy Behar. "Isn't that what diplomacy is about? This guy doesn't know the difference between the word 'diplomacy' and 'appeasement.' He's just stupid."

"One more point," continued Behar, pulling out a prepared statement. "It's very interesting and ironic that George Bush, Senior's -- er, George Bush, this one -- his grandfather -- this one -- the late -- I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but in this case it's fun -- he was a United States senator, Prescott Bush. Okay -- he was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany."

"This is his grandfather," Behar continued. "He has no business talking to Jewish people when he's got this right in his backyard."

"How come you can bring up this backyard but then it's not alright to dig into Obama's backyard and family history?" was all the flustered Hasselbeck could find to say.

RAW STORY's Larisa Alexandrovna also cited the Prescott Bush connection last week. In her blog, at-Largely, she wrote:

Dear Mr. Bush,

Your speech on the Knesset floor today was not only a disgrace; it was nothing short of treachery. Worse still, your exploitation of the Holocaust in a country carved out of the wounds of that very crime, in order to strike a low blow at American citizens whose politics differs from your own is unforgivable and unpardonable. ...

Well Mr. Bush, the only thing this comment lacked was a mirror and some historical facts. You want to discuss the crimes of Nazis against my family and millions of other families in Europe during World War II? Let me revive a favorite phrase of yours: Bring. It. On!

Your family's fortune is built on the bones of the very people butchered by the Nazis, my family and the families of those in the Knesset who applauded you today. ...

You family did not stop with supporting fascists and Nazis abroad, did they Mr. Bush? Surely you must know of your grandfather's role in the treasonous plot of 1933 to overthrow democracy in America? Let me remind you.

Grandpa Bush - that is to say, your grandfather - wanted fascism imported into the United States, or as you now call this type of transformation, "exporting democracy." Prescott went so far as to subsidize a coup attempt in order to achieve his dream of a fascist America.
This video is from ABC's The View, broadcast May 19, 2008.

Download video link
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:58 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I agree completely. But my side is the ant. The Zionists are the grasshoppers.

Cycloptichorn

Is that why Tel Aviv is like a Los Angeles in the Middle East?

The U.S. has both Christian and Jewish Zionists mainly. And, there are many more Christian Zionists in the U.S. than Jewish Zionists. I was referring to their very dedicated effort to making sure that the U.S. remains an ally to Israel. The Christian and Jewish Zionists have been the proverbial hard-working ant.

The grasshoppers, I believe, are divided between too many songs to "fiddle," to focus their efforts: immigrant rights, women's rights, gay rights, conservation rights, minority rights, anti-war rights. As the old saying goes, "One can't dance at more than one wedding at one time."
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 11:59 am
Terrible analogy on your part, as it has little to do with either a)logic or b)reality

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 12:10 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Terrible analogy on your part, as it has little to do with either a)logic or b)reality

Cycloptichorn

I'm happy for your ability to judge me, considering you know so much about my level of education?
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 12:11 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
The View co-host brings up Prescott Bush's Nazi ties by David Edwards and Muriel Kane
Published: Tuesday May 20, 2008

When host Whoopi Goldberg raised the issue of George W. Bush's comparing anyone who wants to talk to Iran or Syria with the appeasers of Nazi Germany on Monday's edition of ABC's The View, the panel erupted into furious debate.

Conservative Elizabeth Hasselbeck repeatedly attempted to question whether Bush's remarks were really aimed at Barack Obama. She insisted, "It's not always about him," and suggested Obama is being defensive because he knows his support for talks with Iran is a weak spot.

"I think the president was very clear in what he meant," Goldberg replied tartly.

"The Bush administration is out there talking to North Korea, talking to Syria," noted liberal Joy Behar. "Isn't that what diplomacy is about? This guy doesn't know the difference between the word 'diplomacy' and 'appeasement.' He's just stupid."

"One more point," continued Behar, pulling out a prepared statement. "It's very interesting and ironic that George Bush, Senior's -- er, George Bush, this one -- his grandfather -- this one -- the late -- I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but in this case it's fun -- he was a United States senator, Prescott Bush. Okay -- he was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany."

"This is his grandfather," Behar continued. "He has no business talking to Jewish people when he's got this right in his backyard."

"How come you can bring up this backyard but then it's not alright to dig into Obama's backyard and family history?" was all the flustered Hasselbeck could find to say.

RAW STORY's Larisa Alexandrovna also cited the Prescott Bush connection last week. In her blog, at-Largely, she wrote:

Dear Mr. Bush,

Your speech on the Knesset floor today was not only a disgrace; it was nothing short of treachery. Worse still, your exploitation of the Holocaust in a country carved out of the wounds of that very crime, in order to strike a low blow at American citizens whose politics differs from your own is unforgivable and unpardonable. ...

Well Mr. Bush, the only thing this comment lacked was a mirror and some historical facts. You want to discuss the crimes of Nazis against my family and millions of other families in Europe during World War II? Let me revive a favorite phrase of yours: Bring. It. On!

Your family's fortune is built on the bones of the very people butchered by the Nazis, my family and the families of those in the Knesset who applauded you today. ...

You family did not stop with supporting fascists and Nazis abroad, did they Mr. Bush? Surely you must know of your grandfather's role in the treasonous plot of 1933 to overthrow democracy in America? Let me remind you.

Grandpa Bush - that is to say, your grandfather - wanted fascism imported into the United States, or as you now call this type of transformation, "exporting democracy." Prescott went so far as to subsidize a coup attempt in order to achieve his dream of a fascist America.
This video is from ABC's The View, broadcast May 19, 2008.

Download video link

WOW. Deep journalism brings us to THE EFFING VIEW??????

Again, I ask, did the Bush family cause the fall of the Roman Empire also?

PS: Do you own stock in GE?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Tue 20 May, 2008 12:12 pm
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

I'm happy for your ability to judge me, considering you know so much about my level of education?

I only have your writing to go off of, but what little is there is not especially impressive.

That wasn't the point of my comment, however; I was just pointing out that you mis-used the analogy.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 01:38 pm
@cjhsa,
Confront me please before you belittle the critical American Blueflame.
Here I go.
Take time and meashure your steps before you falter.

Hitler, Himmler and Goebbels ===Bush, Cheney and Rice

Axis of evil= with cell phone to Jesus
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 01:53 pm
@Ramafuchs,
While Bush never expressly said that an Iraqi attack was imminent, that was clearly the implication. That’s what Condoleezza Rice’s famous smoking-gun, mushroom-cloud assertion, along with Colin Powell’s ominous WMD charts before the UN, was all about " to scare people into thinking that this was going to be an urgent war of self-defense. That way, they could feel at ease about killing Iraqis.

One of the most significant outcomes in the history of the Iraq invasion, especially from the standpoint of individual conscience, was that the WMDs failed to materialize. By the time that confirmation was made, there had already been countless Iraqis killed. At that point, many Americans, including U.S. soldiers, may well have said to themselves, “Well, President Bush thought that Saddam was about to attack the United States with WMDs, and I put my faith in President Bush. It’s obvious that our president just made an honest mistake. Nobody is morally responsible for all those deaths.”
http://www.lewrockwell.com/hornberger/hornberger150.html
Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2008 02:09 pm
@Ramafuchs,
With what moral authority do these mainstays of the neoconservative, corporate elitist, greedy, self-interested Washington regime speak, when in their own closet there are skeletons labelled Abu Ghraib, Iraq, Guantanamo, mass murder, war crimes, illegal invasion, torture, illegal detention, disrespect for international law, denial of due process, rape...?
Just who do Bush and Rice think they are, considering they can tell Russia when to take its troops out of Georgia? Has the USA taken its troops from Iraq? Has Russia got concentration camps like Abu Ghraib or Guantanamo Bay? Did Russia go after Saakashvili and hang him? Have Georgian soldiers been forced into human pyramids, had dogs set upon them, been raped, water-boarded, their food peed into or forced to eat disgusting things which go against their culture?
Did Saakashvili not declare a ceasefire and while he was doing so mass his troops, savagely attack Tskhinvali, destroy 85% of the city’s structures with military hardware and slaughter 2.000 civilians on 7/8 August?
Russia calls the shots these days, Russia stands for respect for the law whereas Washington flouts it, Russia stands for peace whereas Washington stands for war, Russia defends debate, dialogue and disscussion while Washington favours antagonism, arrogance, bullying, belligerence, back-stabbing, chauvinism and skulduggery as its diplomatic tools, and Condoleeza Rice as its mouthpiece.
http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/106158-2/
the above source is not from corporate controlled American one but Pravda.
0 Replies