Appeasing Nazis

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 12:09 pm
Bushie said today "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: "Lord, if I could only have talked to Hitler, all this might have been avoided." History says that as Nazi tanks crossed into Poland George Herbert Walker and Prescott Bush Sr. were heavily invested in Hitler's military industry and they continued in business with Hitler's war merchants well into WW2 when finally the US government seized several Bush/Walker businesses under the Trading with the Enemy Act. And history shows strong George GHrbert Walker Bush connections to the arming and funding of Saddam and bin Laden in the 80s. 3 huge Jew haters and killers all armed and funded by the Bushies who have made the practice very lucrative for themselves and their cronies. Give Bushie credit for audacity and America and Israel credit for not slapping his projecting his family's Nazi ways on others who would never trade with, arm or fund the enemy.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 4,595 • Replies: 53
No top replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 12:22 pm
Bush Compares Obama To Nazi Appeasers
The Huffington Post | May 15, 2008 09:00 AM

*** UPDATED BELOW ***

President Bush has said repeatedly that he would not insert himself into the presidential race, but that stance changed dramatically today during his trip to Israel. After likening Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Osama bin Laden, Bush compared Barack Obama to Nazi appeasers:

"Some seem to believe we should negotiate with terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along," said Bush, in what White House aides privately acknowledged was a reference to calls by Obama and other Democrats for the U.S. president to sit down for talks with leaders like Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

"We have heard this foolish delusion before," Bush said in remarks to the Israeli Knesset. "As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American Senator declared: 'Lord, if only I could have talked to Hitler, all of this might have been avoided.' We have an obligation to call this what it is -- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history."

Obama himself quickly responded to the comparison, calling it a false attack and listing past presidents who didn't think that diplomacy was such a bad idea:

"It is sad that President Bush would use a speech to the Knesset on the 6Oth anniversary of Israel's independence to launch a false political attack. It is time to turn the page on eight years of policies that have strengthened Iran and failed to secure America or our ally Israel."

"Instead of tough talk and no action, we need to do what Kennedy, Nixon and Reagan did and use all elements of American power -- including tough, principled, and direct diplomacy -- to pressure countries like Iran and Syria. George Bush knows that I have never supported engagement with terrorists, and the President's extraordinary politicization of foreign policy and the politics of fear do nothing to secure the American people or our stalwart ally Israel."

It was only yesterday that Secretary of Defense Robert Gates argued that United States needed to engage with Iran:

"We need to figure out a way to develop some leverage . . . and then sit down and talk with them," Gates said. "If there is going to be a discussion, then they need something, too. We can't go to a discussion and be completely the demander, with them not feeling that they need anything from us."
UPDATE: What are the odds? Sen. Lieberman sides with Bush on this one:

"President Bush got it exactly right today when he warned about the threat of Iran and its terrorist proxies like Hamas and Hezbollah. It is imperative that we reject the flawed and naïve thinking that denies or dismisses the words of extremists and terrorists when they shout "Death to America" and "Death to Israel," and that holds that--if only we were to sit down and negotiate with these killers--they would cease to threaten us. It is critical to our national security that our commander-in-chief is able to distinguish between America's friends and America's enemies, and not confuse the two."
UPDATE: Obama's communication director has also weighed in on what he calls "cowboy diplomacy":

In a telephone interview on CNN just a few minutes ago, Robert Gibbs, the communications director for Senator Barack Obama, called Mr. Bush's remarks "astonishing" and an "unprecedented political attack on foreign soil."
UPDATE: Rahm Emanuel has chimed in as well:

The tradition has always been that when a U.S. President is overseas, partisan politics stops at the water's edge. President Bush has now taken that principle and turned it on its head: for this White House, partisan politics now begins at the water's edge, no matter the seriousness and gravity of the occasion. Does the president have no shame?
UPDATE: Howard Dean has called on McCain to reject Bush's statements:

"On the same day John McCain is talking about putting partisanship aside, the President launched a cheap political attack while on a state visit honoring the 60th anniversary of Israel, one of America's greatest allies. Bush's outrageous comments are an embarrassment to our country, not based in fact and bring us no closer to our goal of ending terrorist attacks against Israel and bringing peace to the region. If John McCain is really serious about being a different kind of Republican, he'll denounce these remarks in the strongest terms possible."
UPDATE: John McCain isn't listening to Dean. He has agreed with President Bush's statements, and even thrown in a reference to Neville Chamberlain:

"Yes, there have been appeasers in the past, and the president is exactly right, and one of them is Neville Chamberlain,'' Mr. McCain told reporters on his campaign bus after a speech in Columbus, Ohio. "I believe that it's not an accident that our hostages came home from Iran when President Reagan was president of the United States. He didn't sit down in a negotiation with the religious extremists in Iran, he made it very clear that those hostages were coming home.''

Asked if he thought that former President Jimmy Carter, who struggled with the hostage crisis, was an appeaser, Mr. McCain replied: "I don't know if he was an appeaser or not, but he terribly mishandled the Iranian hostage crisis.''

UPDATE: Nancy Pelosi has echoed Howard Dean and Rahm Emanuel's comments:

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Thursday that Bush's remarks were "beneath the dignity of the office of the president and unworthy of our representation" at the celebration of Israel's 60th anniversary.

Referring to Sen. John McCain, Pelosi said: "I would hope that any serious person that aspires to lead the country, would disassociate themselves from those comments."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:16 pm
The audience was Israeli's. The majority of Israelis don't feel comfortable with Obama's saying he will talk to the Iranians directly. So, Bush got a multiple standing ovation upon completion of his speech. He talked about the Nazis, and he talked about the historical foolishness of talking directly to one's enemy. It just so happens that Obama said he would do that.

Hey, if it is such a good idea to talk directly with the Iranians now, then the same thinking should have been correct with the Nazis. So, why not mention the analogy? Problem is, it would not have been correct to talk to the Nazis, and it is still not correct to talk to one's enemies. I believe Obama took umbrage, since he didn't expect this brilliant verbal "chess" move.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Thu 15 May, 2008 06:52 pm
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 07:30 am
What does that have to do with anything GW said yesterday?
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 07:46 am
"Throughout the Bush family's decades of public life, the American press has gone out of its way to overlook one historical fact - that through Union Banking Corporation (UBC), Prescott Bush, and his father-in-law, George Herbert Walker, along with German industrialist Fritz Thyssen, financed Adolf Hitler before and during World War II. It was first reported in 1994 by John Loftus and Mark Aarons in The Secret War Against the Jews: How Western Espionage Betrayed the Jewish People.

The US government had known that many American companies were aiding Hitler, like Standard Oil, General Motors and Chase Bank, all of which was sanctioned after Pearl Harbor. But as The New York Times reporter Charles Higham later discovered, and published in his 1983 groundbreaking book, Trading With The Enemy; The Nazi American Money Plot 1933-1949, "the government smothered everything during and even after the war." Why?

According to Higham, the US government believed "a public scandal ... would have drastically affected public morale, caused widespread strikes and perhaps provoked mutinies in the armed services." Higham claims the government thought "their trial and imprisonment would have made it impossible for the corporate boards to help the American war effort."

However, Prescott Bush's banks were not just financing Hitler as previously reported. In fact, there was a distinct business link much deeper than Mr. Higham or Mr. Loftus knew at the time their books were published.

A classified Dutch intelligence file which was leaked by a courageous Dutch intelligence officer, along with newly surfaced information from U.S. government archives, "confirms absolutely," John Loftus says, the direct links between Bush, Thyssen and genocide profits from Auschwitz." http://clamormagazine.org/issues/14/feature3.php
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:22 am
I am assuming you are young enough not to be really aware of, on a gut level, the level of anti-Semitism in the U.S., in the first half of the 20th century. It wasn't the violent pogrom anti-Semitism of Czarist Russia; it was just that Jews were expendable in many people's minds - good people in all other respects. But, if one really delves into European feelings for Jews today, other than Germany, one might find that attitude, even in a "post-Christian Europe" (without the Christ Killer epithet).

My point is I do not hold it against any current generation for the attitudes of their ancestors.

Also, religion is a nice way to get citizens to hold certain views that benefit secular goals. So, I believe, even the Orthodox religious view by Israeli citizens, that certain land was ceded by God to Jews, serves a secular purpose perhaps. Just look at this country; religion in many instances is a respectable cover for ethnocentrism.

And, Bush's total non-criticism of Israel's excusion into Southern Lebanon during the summer of 2006, was really unprecedented. The Israelis, in my opinion, remembered this, and gave him multiple standing ovations.

Put it this way, in a world that for two millenia oftentimes found the Jews amongst its population as "excess baggage," one cannot be too finicky as to who wants to be a friend, even if it turns out to be a transient relationship.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:27 am
Foofie, I'm 61 and old enough to know that the 3 most powerful Jew haters of the last several generations were all in league with, armed and funded by the Bushies.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:38 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Foofie, I'm 61 and old enough to know that the 3 most powerful Jew haters of the last several generations were all in league with, armed and funded by the Bushies.

Bush Sr. was the youngest fighter pilot in WWII, I thought. I defer to his being a patriotic American, and I believe he raised his son's to be that also.

Being 61 years old, did you like My Little Margie in the early 1950's on tv? Did you like Howdy Doody as a child?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:45 am
Foofie wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Bush Sr. was the youngest fighter pilot in WWII, I thought. I defer to his being a patriotic American, and I believe he raised his son's to be that also.

Being 61 years old, did you like My Little Margie in the early 1950's on tv? Did you like Howdy Doody as a child?

Quote:
George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

The Bush family fortune came in large part from dealing with the Nazis, after it was well known what kind of horrible people they were. They had to be forced to stop doing business with them.

That's a patriotic American family to you? Their money came from those who spent a lot of effort to murder your people. I guess you just don't care about that now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:45 am
What George Herbert Walker Bush did in WW2 dont alter what his father and grandfather did in WW2 which was arm and fund Hitler. And his parernerships with Saddam and bin Laden are well documented. Arming madmen is a pattern with the Bushies and their axis and very lucrative for them as well.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:47 am
Foofie wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Princess summer fall winter spring was my first hard on.... even before annette.... not to digress...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:53 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
blueflame1 wrote:

Quote:
George Bush's grandfather, the late US senator Prescott Bush, was a director and shareholder of companies that profited from their involvement with the financial backers of Nazi Germany.

The Guardian has obtained confirmation from newly discovered files in the US National Archives that a firm of which Prescott Bush was a director was involved with the financial architects of Nazism.

His business dealings, which continued until his company's assets were seized in 1942 under the Trading with the Enemy Act, has led more than 60 years later to a civil action for damages being brought in Germany against the Bush family by two former slave labourers at Auschwitz and to a hum of pre-election controversy.

The evidence has also prompted one former US Nazi war crimes prosecutor to argue that the late senator's action should have been grounds for prosecution for giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

The debate over Prescott Bush's behaviour has been bubbling under the surface for some time. There has been a steady internet chatter about the "Bush/Nazi" connection, much of it inaccurate and unfair. But the new documents, many of which were only declassified last year, show that even after America had entered the war and when there was already significant information about the Nazis' plans and policies, he worked for and profited from companies closely involved with the very German businesses that financed Hitler's rise to power. It has also been suggested that the money he made from these dealings helped to establish the Bush family fortune and set up its political dynasty.

The Bush family fortune came in large part from dealing with the Nazis, after it was well known what kind of horrible people they were. They had to be forced to stop doing business with them.

That's a patriotic American family to you? Their money came from those who spent a lot of effort to murder your people. I guess you just don't care about that now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2004/sep/25/usa.secondworldwar

Cycloptichorn

I guess I just don't care about that now. Funny that last sentence sounds very familiar? But anyway, I don't like to hold grudges; bad for one's health.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:53 am
"Princess summer fall winter spring was my first hard on.... even before annette.... not to digress...". A couple babes for sure. I remember kissing Annette on the tv screen.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 10:57 am
blueflame1 wrote:
"Princess summer fall winter spring was my first hard on.... even before annette.... not to digress...". A couple babes for sure. I remember kissing Annette on the tv screen.

Princess summer fall winter spring passed on from cancer at a comparatively early age, I believe. Annette Funicello was a perky Mouseketeer.

I really hope there's a parallel universe, that is in a time warp in the 1950's.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:03 am
Foofie, yeah why care about patterns and progressions and formulas that contune to today. Who really buys into that "those who dont know their history" cliche anyway? Get fooled again? And again. The facts are when Hitler's tanks crossed into Poland Bushie's grandfather and greatgrandfather were in business with Hitler. That's much more than appeasement. It's betrayal. "A classified Dutch intelligence file which was leaked by a courageous Dutch intelligence officer, along with newly surfaced information from U.S. government archives, "confirms absolutely," John Loftus says, the direct links between Bush, Thyssen and genocide profits from Auschwitz."
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:10 am
blueflame1 wrote:
Foofie, yeah why care about patterns and progressions and formulas that contune to today. Who really buys into that "those who dont know their history" cliche anyway? Get fooled again? And again. The facts are when Hitler's tanks crossed into Poland Bushie's grandfather and greatgrandfather were in business with Hitler. That's much more than appeasement. It's betrayal. "A classified Dutch intelligence file which was leaked by a courageous Dutch intelligence officer, along with newly surfaced information from U.S. government archives, "confirms absolutely," John Loftus says, the direct links between Bush, Thyssen and genocide profits from Auschwitz."

So, what are you looking for in the way of a response? I don't judge.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:16 am
Foofie, I aint looking for any kind of responce from you. It aint about judgement but prevention. With generation after generation betrayed by those who arm known madmen it's about saving a generation from being betrayed and lied into war. Knowing the history is a step in that direction.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:22 am
Would someone like to explain to me why Isreal looks at W like their greatest friend and protector in 60 years - even more than Reagan?

bf you should just rename yourself bs.
joefromchicago

Reply Fri 16 May, 2008 11:32 am
Obama is an appeaser.

HE'S AN APPEASER!!

HE'S AN APPEASER!!!

Uhh, what's an appeaser?
0 Replies