http://www.wwltv.com/topstories/stories/wwl042408tpleveepaper.98095b74.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,818 • Replies: 12
No top replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 09:30 am
This guy probably looted all the rubber.

http://smerritt.com/images/beer_looter.jpg
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 10:00 am
No.... no..... not that guy. I'm pretty sure it was some friend of this guy:

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/09/16/bush_wideweb__430x304.jpg

oralroy, that's pretty alarming. Has there been any explaination since that was revealed?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 10:21 am
boomerang wrote:
oralroy, that's pretty alarming. Has there been any explaination since that was revealed?

Well, there was this:

http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-28/1209187810171060.xml&coll=1

I'm not aware of anything else.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 11:01 am
Huh. Maybe it's just too early on Monday morning for my brain to work but now I'm really confused.

The ACoE says they used their own workers, not a contractor, but the news station showed the contract. I'm sure government contracts are a nightmare so maybe I'm just missing something but it sounds like someone changed their answer and you have to wonder why.

Those rubber strips didn't look very sturdy either, did they?

I wonder what time frame is considered "temporary".

It will be interesting to see how this shakes out. If you hear any more I hope you'll keep us posted!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:16 pm
I had the priviledge to stay in some of the hotels the Katrina evacuees were housed in. When people knock holes in hotel walls, kick out windows, break anything in the hallways, and piss in the room A/C units, you understand why it's taking to long to rebuild New Orleans.

Most of those that didn't return never will, because they are government fed, housed, welfare maggots that have never worked a day in their life.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:35 pm
Quote:
I wonder what time frame is considered "temporary".

My unoptimistic answer would involve the "temporary" classroom buildings at my old elementary school. The school may be long gone, but I'd bet the temporary classrooms are still standing.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 12:53 pm
cjhsa wrote:
I had the priviledge to stay in some of the hotels the Katrina evacuees were housed in. When people knock holes in hotel walls, kick out windows, break anything in the hallways, and piss in the room A/C units, you understand why it's taking to long to rebuild New Orleans.

Most of those that didn't return never will, because they are government fed, housed, welfare maggots that have never worked a day in their life.

you're a tough guy... you stand up for what's right.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 01:15 pm
Yeah, after one night in a chimp filled hotel with pissed in radiators, I went to another hotel.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 01:27 pm
Hey look everyone! It's one of those bitter small town Americans Obama was talking about!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 5 May, 2008 02:02 pm
Where?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 08:40 am
Hope they got those floodwalls fixed up properly......
roger

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 12:02 pm
@oralloy,
Thanks, oralloy. I was remembering this the other day, but couldn't remember where I heard it.
0 Replies