Google street view leads to pedophiles

Gargamel

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:30 am
One other thing that leads to pedophilia, besides Google, I think, is an insatiable urge to fondle children.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 09:54 am
I don't have any way to look at my street. Bummer man.

No blue lined streets anywhere near by.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:02 am
Um, you could probably just walk outside.

Just a thought.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:10 am
the images google posts are not up to date, to the minute images.
Google has been collecting images for a few years and unless someone requests their image taken down, they will never change for reasons other then construction in an area or something.

The image of our apartment is ... a year old.. if not more.
There is a car there that was sold about 11 months ago.
sometime before that.. the picture was taken

they are not taken at such a high resolution to where you can ( except for some vehicles that may have been close to the end of the street)for example, take the license plate off of a car, or be able to tell if someones eyes are blue or green.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 10:17 am
Bummer.

My house in Venice is not on there.
My place in northern California is not on there.
My childhood apartment in the Bronx, an interesting building (shown a photo before on a2k in another context), is torn down and some ugly monstrosity is in its place.
My aunt's place in west LA, in which we lived for a couple of years, is long ago torn down, but I knew that already.
My first apartment in Westwood (LA) that I lived in for seven years was long ago torn down, but I knew that already.
My place here is, but.. I'm shy.

My place on Gretna Green Way (perhaps a familiar name to those who follow LA crime) is on there, but next door is now a McMansion. Bummer and a half - that was a Neutra house. A small, elegant Neutra house. I could scream.

And finally one I'm glad to show - google map 1621 Abbot Kinney Blvd., Venice, California, rotate until you see an old red brick building. That's the old Eagle's lodge. We had the top floor as a studio, art gallery, theater, and living place, back in 1975.

Sorry for tangenting from the main point.

I can understand a little qualm about this, not so much re pedophilia, but sorta invasive. I also understand that it's public info anyway....
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:28 pm
squinney wrote:
Um, you could probably just walk outside.

Just a thought.

But that requires both EXERCISE and EFFORT.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:54 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
the images google posts are not up to date, to the minute images.
Google has been collecting images for a few years and unless someone requests their image taken down, they will never change for reasons other then construction in an area or something.

The image of our apartment is ... a year old.. if not more.
There is a car there that was sold about 11 months ago.
sometime before that.. the picture was taken

they are not taken at such a high resolution to where you can ( except for some vehicles that may have been close to the end of the street)for example, take the license plate off of a car, or be able to tell if someones eyes are blue or green.

Well, I wanna know when they are coming by again...then I can be prepared.

I'll be laying out on the front patio, sunbathing in a yellow string bikini.

Now that's a sickening thought.

I look horrible in yellow.....oh, and in anything that shows the flesh above my elbows and ankles.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 12:57 pm
I will just press my breasts against the window next time..
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 01:05 pm
nothing exciting going on on our street. Many trees, hard to see anything juicy. Only our neighbor Stavros is having some visitors climbing the steps to his house. They left the trunk open, bwahaha.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
The pic of our house must be a good year old, 10 or 11 months, because it looks like the irises are done blooming whereas as of today the irises haven't started blooming yet.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 02:08 pm
jespah wrote:
The pic of our house must be a good year old, 10 or 11 months, because it looks like the irises are done blooming whereas as of today the irises haven't started blooming yet.

so basically no irises in the picture.
0 Replies

Shapeless

Reply Wed 30 Apr, 2008 03:03 pm
There's a web site that collects and posts interesting and memorable shots from Google Earth and Google Street View: Google Sightseeing. Their collection includes things like weird rock formations, cool bridges, and half-naked sunbathing women.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 1 May, 2008 03:47 am
Chai wrote:
jespah wrote:

so basically no irises in the picture.

It's kinda the after-iris look -- leaves but no flowers.
0 Replies