Here Kitty Kitty

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:38 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
fear and desperation.... is that what you guys are calling determination and tenacity these days?

No, we call that "self-delusion."

well tomorrow in raleigh she receives the formal endorsement of governor easley... anderson cooper was talking with panel tonight about how the tide
and momentum is turning back towards Hillary... but who knows?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:43 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
fear and desperation.... is that what you guys are calling determination and tenacity these days?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24352818/
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:45 pm
joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/134389
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:50 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

well tomorrow in raleigh she receives the formal endorsement of governor easley... anderson cooper was talking with panel tonight about how the tide
and momentum is turning back towards Hillary... but who knows?

Yep, classic signs of self-delusion.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:54 pm
just reporting the facts on the ground..... the endorsement.... the rhetoric on anderson cooper tonight.... facts. do you contend these two statements are not factual?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:43 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
just reporting the facts on the ground.....

Or, in other words, "I report, you decide." You're just like Fox News, BPB!
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 07:52 am
no, not at all....I just watched Hillary and Easley stand side by side and listened to her accept his endorsement.... that's a FACT... you can decide whatever the hell you want... but it's a FACT..

I like how suddenly , since I don't support Obama... I'm now connected to a villified right wing piece of **** tv station.... I guess I may soon wake up to find that I actually voted for george bush Laughing
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:00 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
no, not at all....I just watched Hillary and Easley stand side by side and listened to her accept his endorsement.... that's a FACT... you can decide whatever the hell you want... but it's a FACT..

I like how suddenly , since I don't support Obama... I'm now connected to a villified right wing piece of **** tv station.... I guess I may soon wake up to find that I actually voted for george bush Laughing

No, it's not because you don't support Obama, it's because you made (and continue to make -- see your first paragraph here) the absurd claim that all you're doing is reporting the facts. But just like Fox News, you have a very selective approach to the facts that you choose to report. Don't pretend that you're being objective here, BPB.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:07 am
why not... I said NOTHING... except two facts.... and THATS a fact...
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:07 am
Word. He starts the thread by calling Obama a pussy, then pretends he's just a purveyor of facts. Such unmitigated boolsheet.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:09 am
I will then edit myself... i think it's pussy-ish for him to duck a debate.... the other two things i said were facts....this was fun for 2 minutes.... but I'm not getting into it....
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:13 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will then edit myself... i think it's pussy-ish for him to duck a debate.... the other two things i said were facts....better Reverend Farrakhan?

I prefer Malcolm, but sure thing freaky Falwell.
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:21 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I will then edit myself... i think it's pussy-ish for him to duck a debate.... the other two things i said were facts....this was fun for 2 minutes.... but I'm not getting into it....

You won't get into it? You mean you're ducking this debate? I wonder how one might describe that.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 08:28 am
He retracted his "Farrakhan" slur, so let me just say I only threw in the "Falwell" as a counterpunch. I don't think BPB's like that repressed Christian with fascist tendencies, may he R.I.P.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

this isn't a debate....I insulted obama .... so you associate me with Fox News thinking to insult me....... okay we both had our little poke and now we're done.... but don't call it a debate.... nice try but not much of a pitch.... :wink:
0 Replies

snood

joefromchicago wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

You won't get into it? You mean you're ducking this debate? I wonder how one might describe that.

Laughing excellent
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 11:13 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
and that's mainly why i just can't get fully behind him yet. and, like you, i don't agree that "he's the nominee". there's a lot of people that haven't voted yet. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted delegates. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted superdelegates (a bizarre idea to start with. but hey, the party came up with it, so they can't change it till after the election...). not a small detail.

now, if obama becomes the nominee, i'll support him.

but to echo a remark by my wife (who is a democrat), "he better be the real deal and have his **** together".

I agree with your wife.

When Bill Clinton first came on the scene in the 90s I found him to be a completely unappealing candidate. Because my expectations of him were so low, he faired pretty well.

But with Obama, he is so high up there in the worship category, who knows what could happen once he's in office.

Although, I am optimistic because some of the important presidents,--Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR (I'll exclude Reagan, although some folks think he was inspirational) all had a capacity to move people with their words.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:09 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, yes, he has some broad statements that are short on policy and long on inspiration, as do most candidates for office. But he also has a lot of specific policy proposals and has talked about them. A lot.

Otherwise agree, though, that he's not the nominee yet.

dunno... i've listened to several of his speeches and seen all but one or two of the debates. i'm obviously not getting, so far, something from him that i need to hear. but my mind is open.

Fair enough. I'm just curious, though, is there something specific that Hillary has a proposed a solution to that Obama has not? I ask this because it seems like a media narrative to me -- that Hillary is all work-horse and specifics and Obama is just a shiny car, or some other mangled metaphor. But when I look closely, I don't see it. It's a campaign, so they both are "just talk"ing. While it's true that Obama tends to talk in broader themes, he has made a number of substantial policy proposals and has talked about them -- especially in the debates. So if you're not hearing what you need to hear from him that's certainly legitimate, I'm just wondering what that is.
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 12:13 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
not really... I'm pretty sure my candidate is going to lose the nomination... but it will still be fun to go see her... and I still think she's the best choice of the three...I'm equally if not more happy about getting away with squinney for the day and turning off my cell phone...relaxing...we could both use that after the weekend we had doing events...

Yes, but a few weeks ago, she wasn't your candidate any more and you were talking about not voting. Hopefully Clinton will fire you up in Charlotte and you'll be back to January form. (And then you'll support Obama in the fall :wink: )
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 29 Apr, 2008 01:42 pm
engineer my friend you're misquoting me... something that is not an infrequent occurrence these days... I clearly stated that I was going to write in Joe Biden if Hillary didn't get the nomination.... which is still what I plan to do...I am going to cast my vote for Hillary in the primary because I think she's the best of the three... then if Obama gets the nomination I will vote my candidate of choice.... Biden.... that's not to say I haven't been disappointed by Hillary's campaign.... I have.... that's not to say I don't think Obama is a smart guy..... I do.... but I don't think he's ready for the White House..... man I'm constantly having to repeat myself...
0 Replies