• Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,100 • Replies: 50
No top replies

joefromchicago

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 08:28 pm
Re: Here Kitty Kitty
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Hmmm, smells like fear and desperation -- and it's coming from Hillary Clinton!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 08:49 pm
Plus, didn't she nix the last one?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 11:38 pm
fear and desperation.... is that what you guys are calling determination and tenacity these days?
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:16 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
fear and desperation.... is that what you guys are calling determination and tenacity these days?

Good to see some of the passion coming back for you BPB.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:23 am
not really... I'm pretty sure my candidate is going to lose the nomination... but it will still be fun to go see her... and I still think she's the best choice of the three...I'm equally if not more happy about getting away with squinney for the day and turning off my cell phone...relaxing...we could both use that after the weekend we had doing events...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:02 am
ossobuco wrote:
Plus, didn't she nix the last one?

Yep.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:37 am
Obama agreeing to another debate would be like the NY Giants giving the New Engalnd Patriots a Super Bowl do over. This race has been decided. It is time to look forward to Obama debating McSame.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:47 am
Roxx, I really wish you would stop saying that. It hasn't been decided. The incessant chorus of "the math" is feeding her resurgence. Silence I say!
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:58 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

No, we call that "self-delusion."
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 11:09 am
He declined because, I think, some of the wind has been knocked out of him and he's in the weaker position-- at the moment. His last debate didn't go too good.

He's smart though, if not opaque, by saying they've had 21 debates and enough is enough.

I don't think he's desperate so much as he's ratcheting up the heat. These politicians are made of teflon.

Witness his latest decision to go on Fox news after saying no for so long-- they'll do anything to win.

I have noticed that Hillary has a whole lot more substance to her speeches. She talks about the changes specifically. Obama has these broad statements that are short on policy and long on inspiration.

I do not think the nominee has been decided.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 12:47 pm
I am looking forward to the first Obama-McCain debate.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 07:50 pm
Gala wrote:
I have noticed that Hillary has a whole lot more substance to her speeches. She talks about the changes specifically. Obama has these broad statements that are short on policy and long on inspiration.

and that's mainly why i just can't get fully behind him yet. and, like you, i don't agree that "he's the nominee". there's a lot of people that haven't voted yet. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted delegates. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted superdelegates (a bizarre idea to start with. but hey, the party came up with it, so they can't change it till after the election...). not a small detail.

now, if obama becomes the nominee, i'll support him.

but to echo a remark by my wife (who is a democrat), "he better be the real deal and have his **** together".
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 08:20 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Gala wrote:

and that's mainly why i just can't get fully behind him yet. and, like you, i don't agree that "he's the nominee". there's a lot of people that haven't voted yet. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted delegates. not a small detail. there's still uncommitted superdelegates (a bizarre idea to start with. but hey, the party came up with it, so they can't change it till after the election...). not a small detail.

now, if obama becomes the nominee, i'll support him.

but to echo a remark by my wife (who is a democrat), "he better be the real deal and have his **** together".

Well, if you think Hillary can get 70% of the remaining vote, the race isn't over. If not, it is.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 09:08 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Well, if you think Hillary can get 70% of the remaining vote, the race isn't over. If not, it is.

beg to differ. if you are willing to disenfranchise a whole shitload of other citizen's right to vote, as you were allowed to do, then it's over.

otherwise, cool your jets and let it play out.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 09:21 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Gala wrote:

and that's mainly why i just can't get fully behind him yet. and, like you, i don't agree that "he's the nominee".

Well, yes, he has some broad statements that are short on policy and long on inspiration, as do most candidates for office. But he also has a lot of specific policy proposals and has talked about them. A lot.

Otherwise agree, though, that he's not the nominee yet.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:04 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

beg to differ. if you are willing to disenfranchise a whole shitload of other citizen's right to vote, as you were allowed to do, then it's over.

How is me realizing that it's over disfranchising voters?
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:14 pm
A team in football leading in the third quarter doesn't necessarily win.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:30 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:

How is me realizing that it's over disfranchising voters?

you've repeatedly said that clinton should drop out of the race, haven't you ? if i'm wrong about that, mea culpa. but, i could swear that i've read that in some of your posts.

i just don't like the idea that the primary process gets shut down before everyone gets the same chance to vote for the person they prefer. whichever one that may be.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2008 10:32 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Well, yes, he has some broad statements that are short on policy and long on inspiration, as do most candidates for office. But he also has a lot of specific policy proposals and has talked about them. A lot.

Otherwise agree, though, that he's not the nominee yet.

dunno... i've listened to several of his speeches and seen all but one or two of the debates. i'm obviously not getting, so far, something from him that i need to hear. but my mind is open.
0 Replies