If Something Miraculous Happens

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
And I admit would be miraculous....and Hillary gets the nomination.... how many of you who have been ardent Obama supporters will vote for her in the GE? Just yes or no
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,991 • Replies: 42
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 04:14 pm
With McCain running, it's got to be Obama or Clinton. It would be self destructive to stay at home and sit on one's hands.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 07:41 pm
I'll vote for her or I'll stay home. Not sure yet which.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:59 am
I'm not sure, but you'd stay home, right? I mean, since you don't give a damn either way?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 03:25 am
FreeDuck wrote:
.... I'll stay home. Not sure yet which.

That'll be of assistance to the rest of the free world wont it.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:50 am
Well, why don't you tell me then, who does the "rest of the free world" prefer and why? For the life of me I'm having trouble telling what Hillary would do differently than McCain in that respect. But I'm certainly open to persuasion.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 06:59 am
Well, let's see..

Iraq,
health care,
not extend the Bush tax cuts

That's 3 off the top of my head that are very different for Hillary and McCain.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:31 am
Sorry, I wasn't clear. If we're talking about the rest of the free world, I presume that they wouldn't care whether or not we have healthcare reform or extend Bush's tax cuts. Those are domestic concerns.

As for Iraq... she says she'd withdraw, I don't know if I believe her. I still don't understand why she voted for it in the first place. And then there's Kyl-Lieberman, which she voted for, that sort of implies more action in that part of the world than less.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:42 am
It depends on how she won the nomination.

If it was a fair, earned win, I'd have to hold my nose and vote for her even though I don't believe another Clinton family member should be in the White House after two Bush family members having been there.

If not a fair and earned win, I'd write in Obama's name or vote for Nader.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:42 am
FreeDuck wrote:
And then there's Kyl-Lieberman, which she voted for, that sort of implies more action in that part of the world than less.

How so?

And what does Obama's failure to vote at all on the amendment indicate?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:51 am
snood wrote:
I'm not sure, but you'd stay home, right? I mean, since you don't give a damn either way?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/stevetheq/fish-hook.jpg

not today slick...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 07:59 am
FreeDuck wrote:
Sorry, I wasn't clear. If we're talking about the rest of the free world, I presume that they wouldn't care whether or not we have healthcare reform or extend Bush's tax cuts. Those are domestic concerns.

As for Iraq... she says she'd withdraw, I don't know if I believe her. I still don't understand why she voted for it in the first place. And then there's Kyl-Lieberman, which she voted for, that sort of implies more action in that part of the world than less.

We worry about you.

And we fear your influence.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:15 am
parados wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:
And then there's Kyl-Lieberman, which she voted for, that sort of implies more action in that part of the world than less.

How so?

Because it opens the door for war with Iran predicated on its involvement in Iraq. Where do you think the troops for a war with Iran will come from?

Quote:

I don't know what it means. But he's been consistent about Iraq and Iran.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:18 am
parados wrote:
FreeDuck wrote:

How so?

He wasn't there -- the vote time was moved at the last minute, and there have been some grumblings that it was purposely moved to make things awkward for Obama, dunno about that part -- but he issued a statement the same day that he would have voted against it if he had the opportunity.

Bill Burton, Obama's press secretary wrote:
Senator Obama clearly recognizes the serious threat posed by Iran. However, he does not agree with the president that the best way to counter that threat is to keep large numbers of troops in Iraq, and he does not think that now is the time for saber-rattling towards Iran. In fact, he thinks that our large troop presence in Iraq has served to strengthen Iran - not weaken it. He believes that diplomacy and economic pressure, such as the divestment bill that he has proposed, is the right way to pressure the Iranian regime. Accordingly, he would have opposed the Kyl-Lieberman amendment had he been able to vote today.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0907/Obama_No_on_KylLieberman.html
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:19 am
Re: If Something Miraculous Happens
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
And I admit would be miraculous....and Hillary gets the nomination.... how many of you who have been ardent Obama supporters will vote for her in the GE? Just yes or no

Yeah, i'd vote for her. Anybody would be better than McBush . . .
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:36 am
Yes, I would.

I really don't think it will come to that, though. But I've seen stranger things happen.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:49 am
At this point, it wouldn't matter. If Hillary got the nomination it would be seen by blacks as illegitimate and they would be right. No Democrat can be elected president without the black vote.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:53 am
no
0 Replies

engineer

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:54 am
Re: If Something Miraculous Happens
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Yes
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 09:00 am
FreeDuck wrote:
As for Iraq... she says she'd withdraw, I don't know if I believe her. I still don't understand why she voted for it in the first place.

She was lied to by the administration just like the rest of America?
0 Replies