dont talk to a black person, how a black person talks to one

shewolfnm

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 06:39 am
Ya know.. I know this is supposed to be a 'funny' topic... I mean.. it IS in humor..

But it is bothering me that people say " blacks can not act white"

What does that mean? ( Or am I just missing a real joke here? If so.. im sorry and I will shut my pie hole.. Laughing )

Eh, for those who dont know already.. I am black.
So.. am I supposed to talk like OG and the other kids on this board?
Iz dat it? Cuz Mufa Fukah.. dat what black peeps talk lik. Right?

Because we are all supposed to walk with a fake limp and look like an idiot while keeping our fingers in our crotch.

We are all supposed to be concerned about wearing a certain cheap brand name clothing, and keep our shoes white.

We are supposed to all have afros, or any other immature , in style hair do that is out there.

We black women should wear ill fitting shirts and too tight pants while streaking purple and red in our over greased hair . And everytime we talk, we should roll our neck and click our teeth.

We better not amount to much either... less we be blamed for trying to be white.

So, do I as a black woman who does none of the above , fall into the 'over bleached' category?
I speak in complete sentances.
I even use words that are longer then 7 letters on a regular basis.
I dont smoke weed.
I hate rap music. And my clothes fit as they should.
I dont worry about who is looking at me to the point of swinging my head around at the sound of anything, positioned to ' look cool ' ..
I listen to rock music, LOUDLY at times..
I tend to vote Democratic.. if I vote at all really..
I eat primarily a vegetarian diet and I try to raise my child on that same diet .
I dont do 'txt speek" because I have more of a brain then that and I know that how you present yourself makes all the difference when you want someone to pay attention to you, and take you seriously.
I dont own Tommy Hillfukker clothing.
I dont HAVE to have the latest handbag and I will be damned if I will even purchase a good knock off so that I ' look good'

Am I acting white?

http://images.art.com/images/-/Buckwheat--C11750431.jpeg
0 Replies

Chai

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 06:43 am
You're acting like shewolf.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 06:46 am
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/funny-pictures-white-mouse-black-mouse-rats.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 06:54 am
you've been reading that cheezeburger site all night long, haven't you?

Did you start from the first entry?

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 07:02 am
Embarrassed
I dont know what you are talking about...
0 Replies

Chai

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 07:22 am
liar
0 Replies

aidan

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 08:21 am
I don't know what to tell you Shewolf except to say that I think there's an identifiable difference in how most black people and most white people talk and what they talk about.

Just like there's an identifiable difference in how people from the south and north talk and what they talk about. Just like there's a difference in how people from England and people from America talk and what they talk about. Just like there's a difference in how women and men talk and what they talk about.
I myself, enjoy the difference and don't necessarily find one more negative than the other- although as I said- I do tend to enjoy directness moreso than indirect, unintelligible doublspeak from anyone of any race.

I would never stereotype the black people I know as you portrayed. Those are not the things I notice about them. I tend to notice their sense of humor (if they have one) their resilience of spirit, their willingness to keep on keeping on no matter what (because that's the kind of black people I work with and have lived with). But then I don't go out among any people looking for negative **** to make notes and comments on.

My daughter is a young black woman - but if you talked to her you'd think she was white. My son is a black man but if you spoke to him you'd think he was white. Probably my fault...

You know I was also thinking I don't like these one-line talkers who say **** and then expect you to understand what they're saying without any explanation or elaboration Laughing (a joke - but I'm kind of serious).
0 Replies

boomerang

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 01:16 pm
It should probably say "don't talk to black people the way black people talk to each other in TV and movies".

Seriously, according to the last census the black population of Oregon is 1.6%. I'll wager that 90% of the black people in this state live in Portland. For some of the kids here their only real exposure to black people is on MTV and let's face it, that probably give them the wrong impression.

When I first moved here from the south I was often asked about "the racist south". You mean where black people were my neighbors, my playmates, my classmates? That racist south?

I used to travel all over the west coast for a company based in Oklahoma. I would always get frustrated trying to explain that things were actually different in different parts of America. I would point out that Madrid and Frankfurt were closer together than Seattle and OKC. I can understand that what might be "funny and true" in Eugene might be "unfunny and offensive" in Baton Rouge.

In Oregon, that bit is practically a public service message.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 03:50 pm
i say nigga a lot, no black pesron has ever said anything.

am i a racist?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Sun 20 Apr, 2008 04:32 pm
snood wrote:
Ticomaya wrote:
snood wrote:
So, if its good advice for white people not to talk to black people the way black people talk to black people, then is it good advice for black people not to talk to white people the way white people talk to white people?

Sheesh

How do white people talk to white people?

How do black people talk to black people?

There is in my opinion an unwritten law or rather an understanding due to this country's marred past, that blacks, in a sense have earned the right to say........whatever they want, to blacks or whites and the reverse is not true but, this is slowly changing.

I have a good friend, whose white, not too bright and also fascinated with the hip hop culture. His screen name for a site is....."dat nigga blank". Some years ago, this would not be a laughing matter but he is well accepted by myself and other blacks in our company. The power of the word is slowly fading, I think.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Mon 21 Apr, 2008 09:49 pm
OGIONIK wrote:
i say nigga a lot, no black pesron has ever said anything.

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p173/2PacksAday/IMG_3899.jpg

You could probably call these two fellars "nigga"....once.
hottblonde21

Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:05 pm
@Ticomaya,
haha!!!!!
0 Replies

hottblonde21

Mon 5 Apr, 2010 12:06 pm
@2PacksAday,
how big are yu OGIONIK??? lol
0 Replies