Dangers of Uranium Mining

Montana

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 07:56 am
I'm just looking for thoughts and information from people who are familiar with Uranium mining.

I've done lots of research so far, but am looking to discuss the subject with those who have knowledge in this area.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 860 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Mame

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 08:27 am
I worked for a uranium company and had to do considerable research into it in order to be able to talk about it intelligently to investors, shareholders, and the general public.

What is it you want to know, Montana? Maybe we should pm?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 10:16 am
Watched a program about uranium mining last night. It talked about all the lies people continue to be fed about the dangers, so it looks like I have reason to be concerned.

What they were saying is that it's no safer now than it ever was and that we are all simply being lied too over and over again by our government and the mining companies.

It's all about the $ and F**k the people.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 12:22 pm
All mining is dangerous, and uranium mining only slightly more so due to radon gas.

Thing is, it's just a very sexy kind of dangerous (nuclear bogeyman) for some people. Why don't they go nuts about cigarettes and alcohol if they have that much time on their hands. Those are real dangers in comparison.

So are matches.Matches kill and injure more people than uranium mining. So do dogs. Or sugar. Or food. So do (insert almost anything here).

Irrational fear is more dangerous than uranium mining.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 20 Apr, 2008 12:56 pm
I disagree!
0 Replies