using condom

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:29 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Why would anyone with the name Navigator inquire about the use of condoms?

That's the old pseudolatinic spelling for compass.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:30 pm
Walter, you never fail to enlighten me.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:36 pm
Tu felix condomium, cedidiere - as we seafarers say. Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:41 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:42 pm
Was that the appropriate response?

I never know with you Germans.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 01:20 pm
ebrown_p wrote:

"Ridiculously slim" and "pretty damn slim" aren't mathematical terms-- rather they are ways to convince oneself that what you want to believe is really true.

Thing is, it is true. Fact: In certain demographic groups the odds are much smaller than in others, and the difference is so great that some studies have suggested that avoiding high-risk demographics as sex partners has a greater affect on your odds of contracting HIV than using a condom or not.

And you are refuting it with nothing at all but the strength of your conviction. It's not like you are putting up any mathematical terms to contradict Slappy and calling it "ridiculously slim" or "pretty damn slim" are merely subjective descriptions of the very very slim odds in some demographics (some studies cite odds like 1 in 5 million if you want math) where you have a significantly greater chance of being struck by lightning than contracting AIDS from unprotected vaginal intercourse.

Slappy isn't saying not to use condoms, but he has a very legitimate point in that choosing your partners and your activities has a statistical impact on your odds of becoming infected that may be higher than condom use itself. Again, here are some very old numbers on the subject:

Straight Dope wrote:
Use of condoms reduces your risk by a factor of 10, sleeping only with people who test negative reduces it by a factor of 5 to 50, but avoiding high-risk partners reduces it by a factor of 5,000.

http://www.straightdope.com/classics/a3_373.html
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 01:39 pm
From Robert's link -

Quote:
Although there's reason to believe male-to-female AIDS transmission happens more often than female-to-male, the amount of difference is unknown.

Unknown but not insignificant. Transmission of HIV during intercourse requires fluid to fluid transfer from the infected host into the uninfected recipient. Infectious semen entering the blood stream of the woman is much more likely to cause transmission through small vaginal tears than contaminated blood transfer from the woman into the man.
0 Replies

Robert Gentel

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 03:54 pm
That study is old (as in 20 years old) and there is a lot more known about the difference now.

I've seen the difference quantified from 2 times as likely to 10 times as likely in subsequent studies.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:58 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

yes, with a condom you WILL NOT have a full body orgasm.

I would have to agree with that. A condom provides one with a partial body orgasm, usually the knee or occasionally the armpit, but never the full body. Just doesn't happen.

Does to me.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 06:47 pm
dlowan wrote:
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
OGIONIK wrote:

I would have to agree with that. A condom provides one with a partial body orgasm, usually the knee or occasionally the armpit, but never the full body. Just doesn't happen.

Does to me.

http://www.ronfez.net/forums/images/emoticons/wub.gif
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 07:14 pm
Oh you crazy kids!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:18 pm
6Yuri9 wrote:
A person with common sense would use a condom bottom line. Using a condom will: Reduce your chances of acquiring any STD including HIV. Whether you are a white heterosexual or a black heterosexual or an asian heterosexual or etc. you still have a chance of recieving STD's or viruses through Unprotected sex.

Also, you should use a condom in any relationship whether it is short or long term when having sex unless you want a child. The need for a child is the only reason why you should not be using a condom when engaging in sex or related material.

IF you hook up at the age of seventeen with the person whom you may think is your soulmate, and decide to get married and continue your marriage for fifteen years and don't want children, you should still use a condom. Unless you have implanted a videocamera at the top of your soulmate's head and monitored their every minute, then you can't be sure whether they have stayed true to you throughout your whole marriage therefore implying that they may have an STD.

So, you're saying everyone, no matter how long they have been married, should use a condom during every bout of sex, unless you are trying to make a baby?

Fortunately, I'm exempt from that, as I have indeed implanted a video camera on the top of Wally head, and every couple of days fast forward through his goings on.

Oh don't get me wrong, I slow it down during the parts where he's doing something interesting. Just last week I watched while he searched under the seats of his car for 15 minutes for a receipt from PEP boys. He later told me he was trying to exhange an oil filter.

I said "Wally, we're not poor, you could have bought another one"

Sometimes I don't know which would make me angrier; watching him searching under the seats to save a few dollars, or sneaking into a neighbors house and witnessing him commit infidelity with their dog.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 08:28 pm
Have a look at the crap I have to review after downloading Wally's head cam....

Here's him on the way to PEP boys to buy that stupid oil filter, after he FINALLY found the receipt.

Shopping Trip to Auto Parts Place
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:11 pm
What the hell, Chai.... Laughing Just browsing around YouTube, huh...
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 09:14 pm
Re: using condom
OGIONIK wrote:

and thats what its all about. makin her go into siezures if ya know what im sayin? ya dig?

What on earth is that supposed to mean? I'm totally confused. I thought you must mean that guys don't have as much sensation, but then it sounds like you are actually meaning that you think women don't have orgasms the same way if the guy's wearing a condom??

I guess I would have to say no, I don't dig....
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 06:14 am
This is why I wear a full body condom. Not only do I have full body orgasms, I also avoid catching a cold from my partner.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 10:39 am
Condoms, shmondoms, right dudes? I mean, I never wear a "jimmy hat," not even on the rare occasion--I ain't no queer, mind you--I experiment in the bathroom at "The Jackhammer" (Rolling Rock Light special on Tuesdays). I've got a few bumps and open sores, but certainly not no AIDS. Condoms, humph. That's like, I just thought of this, wearing a raincoat in the shower. Ha-ha, yeah! Like wearing a raincoat in the shower! Damn I'm awesome.
0 Replies

6Yuri9

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:32 am
Chai wrote:
6Yuri9 wrote:
A person with common sense would use a condom bottom line. Using a condom will: Reduce your chances of acquiring any STD including HIV. Whether you are a white heterosexual or a black heterosexual or an asian heterosexual or etc. you still have a chance of recieving STD's or viruses through Unprotected sex.

Also, you should use a condom in any relationship whether it is short or long term when having sex unless you want a child. The need for a child is the only reason why you should not be using a condom when engaging in sex or related material.

IF you hook up at the age of seventeen with the person whom you may think is your soulmate, and decide to get married and continue your marriage for fifteen years and don't want children, you should still use a condom. Unless you have implanted a videocamera at the top of your soulmate's head and monitored their every minute, then you can't be sure whether they have stayed true to you throughout your whole marriage therefore implying that they may have an STD.

So, you're saying everyone, no matter how long they have been married, should use a condom during every bout of sex, unless you are trying to make a baby?

Fortunately, I'm exempt from that, as I have indeed implanted a video camera on the top of Wally head, and every couple of days fast forward through his goings on.

Oh don't get me wrong, I slow it down during the parts where he's doing something interesting. Just last week I watched while he searched under the seats of his car for 15 minutes for a receipt from PEP boys. He later told me he was trying to exhange an oil filter.

I said "Wally, we're not poor, you could have bought another one"

Sometimes I don't know which would make me angrier; watching him searching under the seats to save a few dollars, or sneaking into a neighbors house and witnessing him commit infidelity with their dog.

Sarcastic much ? besides, you are just rephrasing what i am trying to say in a different context. People wanted to know how safe you can get with sex. I gave them the answer. Of course abstinence is safer.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 12:59 pm
That wasn't sarcasm, that was messing around.

You don't know people well enough yet to know the relationship many of us have with each other. It'll take you time to learn, and I hope you stick around (welcome BTW)

A lot of us make up ridiculous stories. Wally is not my husband, but one day one of the members created an account under that name, and occassionally appears to ask me if I'll remember to bring some eggs home. Many people know that.

Don't take it so seriously. Lighten up, life's too short.

Being serious for a moment though, I don't think it is necesary in long term relationships were fidelity has been proven, to continue to wear a condom except in the case of wanting to concieve.

You don't have to have a camera on someone head to know if the man you've been married to for 15 years is messing around. Of course it happens and the person doesn't know, but it's not all that common. Plus, hiding something from your spouse by that time is really too much effort to be worth it.

Let's say you do wear condoms throughout your marriage, that has been going on for decades.

In my case, my husband would be saying to me "why am I doing this? You know I'm not unfaithful, and I know you're not."

What would I say? "oh no, you must wear a condom because I'm not with you every minute of the day, and I could never be entirely sure that you weren't having sex with someone else."

In the same way, if my husband wore a condom all these years, I would definately say to him "Why do you do that? You know I've never been unfaithful, and you haven't either"

If he then told me he could never be sure I had never been, or wasn't sure right now I wasn't, we would have much of a marriage now, would we?

Are you married? You mean to say you would tell your spouse you both had to use condoms the rest of your life for fear of him/her giving you a disease?
0 Replies

6Yuri9

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 12:22 pm
Chai wrote:
That wasn't sarcasm, that was messing around.

You don't know people well enough yet to know the relationship many of us have with each other. It'll take you time to learn, and I hope you stick around (welcome BTW)

A lot of us make up ridiculous stories. Wally is not my husband, but one day one of the members created an account under that name, and occassionally appears to ask me if I'll remember to bring some eggs home. Many people know that.

Don't take it so seriously. Lighten up, life's too short.

Being serious for a moment though, I don't think it is necesary in long term relationships were fidelity has been proven, to continue to wear a condom except in the case of wanting to concieve.

You don't have to have a camera on someone head to know if the man you've been married to for 15 years is messing around. Of course it happens and the person doesn't know, but it's not all that common. Plus, hiding something from your spouse by that time is really too much effort to be worth it.

Let's say you do wear condoms throughout your marriage, that has been going on for decades.

In my case, my husband would be saying to me "why am I doing this? You know I'm not unfaithful, and I know you're not."

What would I say? "oh no, you must wear a condom because I'm not with you every minute of the day, and I could never be entirely sure that you weren't having sex with someone else."

In the same way, if my husband wore a condom all these years, I would definately say to him "Why do you do that? You know I've never been unfaithful, and you haven't either"

If he then told me he could never be sure I had never been, or wasn't sure right now I wasn't, we would have much of a marriage now, would we?

Are you married? You mean to say you would tell your spouse you both had to use condoms the rest of your life for fear of him/her giving you a disease?

Thankyou for the welcome. Yes of course no one will use a condom if they are married for a long time (that is reality), however theoretically you should use a condom when engaging in sex.
0 Replies