using condom

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:22 am
Hi everybody, I heard that using condom could cause troubles . Like not

getting pregnant at all!

I wonder if there is true side effects for condoms?

Thanks everybody
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 3,408 • Replies: 45
No top replies

Francis

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:41 am
Re: using condom
navigator wrote:
I heard that using condom could cause troubles . Like not getting pregnant at all!

That's one thing they are intended for..

Side effects:

- allergy to latex condoms

- irritation of the penis or the vagina from spermicides or lubricants that some condoms are treated with.

But many of the side effects of the condoms are just imaginary ones: - an excuse for not using them.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 04:48 am
Except for dermal (skin) reactions, condoms cause no chemical changes in either the male or female body.

When properly used on any given occasion they will probably prevent pregnancy--but only on that given occasion.

The world is full of Just-This-Once babies.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:41 am
Serious side effect:
Condoms are well known to cause a lack of sex..... If you don't have one.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 06:52 am
Using a condom does not cause troubles.

I think in your post you are worried about long term infertility (i.e. inability to have children in the future) from using a condom. This is not a danger at all.

A condom is really very simple. It is a little bag put around the penis to keep the sperm from reaching the egg. As a nice side effect it can also help keep any germs your partner might from infecting you (which is why in this day of Aids, condoms are an absolute necessity).

As people have noted, possible side affects are minor and temporary. If you are allergic to something in the condom, you will get a little irritation that will go away.

If you have such an allergic reaction (and some people are allergic to latex), there are other types of condoms available.

If you are having sex with someone that is not a long-term relationship, you should use a condom.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 07:14 am
Quote:
If you are having sex with someone that is not a long-term relationship, you should use a condom.

I disagree. When you sleep with someone, in these days of AIDS, you are sleeping with everyone else with whom that person has had sex. Even if you are in a long term relationship, there is a danger.

How many people were shocked to find out that their long term partner has had an affair? Even a one night stand has the possibility of changing the medical status of an individual. Better safe than sorry. The price of not being vigilant is much much too high!
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:11 am
Phoenix32890 wrote:
Quote:

I disagree. When you sleep with someone, in these days of AIDS, you are sleeping with everyone else with whom that person has had sex. Even if you are in a long term relationship, there is a danger.

How many people were shocked to find out that their long term partner has had an affair? Even a one night stand has the possibility of changing the medical status of an individual. Better safe than sorry. The price of not being vigilant is much much too high!

First, your response is a logical fallacy. I said that you should use a condom if you are not in a long term relationship. This does not imply that you should not use a condom if you are in a long term relationship.

That being said.

A couple who has been married for 20 years is not going to use a condom.

For that matter, if a couple wants to have kids, they won't be using a condom.

There is a certain point in a relationship where a couple may want to stop using condoms. When this happens, of course, is up to each individual couple.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 08:19 am
I'm not worried about AIDS, as a hetero middle class male, the chances of me getting that is ridiculously slim. I'm more worried about all the other crap that's out there.

Other side effect: latex smelling vagina.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 09:23 am
I am not sure I understand Slappy... where I am from, you stick the condom in after you have smelled the vagina.

I also will point out that "ridiculously slim" is an exaggeration. There are heterosexual females who have Aids... and unprotected sex gives puts even you at risk for Aids that is certainly higher than "ridiculously slim".
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:36 am
ebrown_p wrote:

I think in your post you are worried about long term infertility (i.e. inability to have children in the future) from using a condom. This is not a danger at all.

Thats what I meant, thanks everybody.

I thought there might be a trouble from this way,

when one use a condom, the uterus is expecting something to come ( to

receive semen , so the egg is waiting for something) but every time it's not

happening ! so I thought this could make the uterus in the long some how

not that active.

Sorry if I didn't put that nicely, but I'm sure you got the point.
0 Replies

navigator

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 10:38 am
ebrown_p wrote:

Thats what I meant, thanks everybody.

I thought there might be a trouble from this way,

when one use a condom, the uterus is expecting something to come ( to

receive semen , so the egg is waiting for something) but every time it's not

happening ! so I thought this could make the uterus in the long some how

not that active.

Sorry if I didn't put that nicely, but I'm sure you got the point.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 11:00 am
Then there is no danger.

The uterus is "expecting" semen each month. Using a condom is no more dangerous (in this respect) than not having sex (of course not having sex is safer than using a condom when it comes to diseases).

Women in their thirties can get pregnant for the first time just fine.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:19 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
I am not sure I understand Slappy... where I am from, you stick the condom in after you have smelled the vagina.

I also will point out that "ridiculously slim" is an exaggeration. There are heterosexual females who have Aids... and unprotected sex gives puts even you at risk for Aids that is certainly higher than "ridiculously slim".

Look up the statistics and do the math. For a white male to get HIV from a white female through vaginal intercourse, the odds are pretty damn slim. Especially in a middle to upper class demographic. I'm not saying there's not a risk, but it's unlikely. Of course, the HIV/AIDS groups would never point this out..I'm more worried about the more common STD's. Either way, condoms are a must.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 12:54 pm
Slappy,

First all all, I can understand why you think the race of the women you are sleeping with matters (if you believe that a woman's race predicts how promiscuous she is or how many drugs she uses), but I fail to see how the fact that you are white has anything to do with it.

Having sex without a condom increases your chance of contracting Aids, no matter who you are. Having sex with multiple partners also increases your chances of contracting Aids.

"Ridiculously slim" and "pretty damn slim" aren't mathematical terms-- rather they are ways to convince oneself that what you want to believe is really true.

The fact is that people (including white middle-class heterosexual males) have contracted Aids through unprotected sex.

Sure you are right that the odds of you individually contracting Aids are low, but that is not the point. There is a very low chance that I will be in a deadly car crash... I still wear a seatbelt.

You have to make up your own mind about what level of risk is worth it. But to pretend that there is no real risk is foolishness.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 01:53 pm
I'm not convincing myself of anything. I'm pointing out that the odds of people within a certain demographic, having penis-vaginal intercourse, passing HIV around is lower than most people think.

Never said there's not a risk, and never hinted that condoms shouldn't be used.
0 Replies

OGIONIK

Reply Sun 13 Apr, 2008 02:22 pm
navigator wrote:

getting pregnant at all!

Thanks everybody

yes, with a condom you WILL NOT have a full body orgasm.

and thats what its all about. makin her go into siezures if ya know what im sayin? ya dig? lol
0 Replies

6Yuri9

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:30 am
A person with common sense would use a condom bottom line. Using a condom will: Reduce your chances of acquiring any STD including HIV. Whether you are a white heterosexual or a black heterosexual or an asian heterosexual or etc. you still have a chance of recieving STD's or viruses through Unprotected sex.

Also, you should use a condom in any relationship whether it is short or long term when having sex unless you want a child. The need for a child is the only reason why you should not be using a condom when engaging in sex or related material.

IF you hook up at the age of seventeen with the person whom you may think is your soulmate, and decide to get married and continue your marriage for fifteen years and don't want children, you should still use a condom. Unless you have implanted a videocamera at the top of your soulmate's head and monitored their every minute, then you can't be sure whether they have stayed true to you throughout your whole marriage therefore implying that they may have an STD.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 11:59 am
OGIONIK wrote:
navigator wrote:

getting pregnant at all!

Thanks everybody

and thats what its all about. makin her go into siezures if ya know what im sayin? ya dig? lol

this may be the most ridiculous thing i've ever seen you type
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:03 pm
Why would anyone with the name Navigator inquire about the use of condoms?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:06 pm
OGIONIK wrote:

I would have to agree with that. A condom provides one with a partial body orgasm, usually the knee or occasionally the armpit, but never the full body. Just doesn't happen.
0 Replies