Carter and Gore to Tell Hillary to Get Out?

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 02:48 pm
Gala wrote:
Bill Clinton seems to be doing the best job in reversing his wife's good fortune.

i knowwww!

i gotta say that i'm fully baffled by this. i personally saw the guy turn a bunch of republican lifers into bill clinton fans, and i mean fans, in the space of a single appearance at a local college in 1995.

some place, some where, there is a monsterously huge ripple in the space/time continuem.

somebody get stephen hawkings on the fon. stat!
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Tue 15 Apr, 2008 06:57 pm
Let the selected= legally approved
occupant of white house show some decency.( USA 's president)
We are fed up with this nonsense.
My name is Rama fuchs
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:50 am
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i knowwww!

i gotta say that i'm fully baffled by this. i personally saw the guy turn a bunch of republican lifers into bill clinton fans, and i mean fans, in the space of a single appearance at a local college in 1995.

some place, some where, there is a monsterously huge ripple in the space/time continuem.

After his babbling Bosnia comment it seems clear Hillary (studious, detail oriented, straight forward) has done most of the heavy lifting in the marriage, while larger-than-life Bill likes his working life to have an element of fantasy.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 09:06 am
Gala wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i knowwww!

After his babbling Bosnia comment it seems clear Hillary (studious, detail oriented, straight forward) has done most of the heavy lifting in the marriage, while larger-than-life Bill likes his working life to have an element of fantasy.

i managed to miss his rehash of the bosnia thing...

either way, he's been blowin' it quite a lot lately.

it's possible that yer right about that relationship. but, there may be something else to it.

i say that because pre-baypass bill and post-bypass bill are not quite the same person. and i know from personal experience that a quad bypass surgery absolutely takes it's toll and leaves you different than you were in a lot of ways. to name a few;

* memory and cogs kinda go to poopy town for a while. an example; for months after my op, i had real trouble remembering what things were called. not all the time, but many times a day. we were eating dinner and i did not have a, a, a, a uhh, uhh, &^%$! so i pointed at what i wanted...

a fork. Embarrassed

* where as i had been making my living either by singing (which was out of the question for a year + because my sternum kept rubbing together (were it was wired up) and cutting off notes) and talking, on the fly as they say, i kept losing track of where i was in a thought. if, that is, i could remember what i was trying to say. duhhh... singing lyrics was a double whammy.

* and another thing is that after bypass nearly all patients go through an extended period of being very, very quick to anger. sometimes it is semi permanent. very weird.

in any case, bill should probably start letting hil do what you call the heavy lifting, if she hasn't been already.
0 Replies

real life

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 11:51 am
Gala wrote:
fishin wrote:
Both Gore and Carter are also superdelegates, are fairly well respected within the party and neither has anything to fear as far as political backlash if they step in and push the issue with her.

If Dean or someone like Pelosi spoke up and pushed it they'd have to fear the loss of Clinton's supporters for any future fund-raising and they possibly lose any of Clinton's supporters in future in-party politics (or have voters defect to Nadar in the General election...). Carter and Gore don't have to be concerned with that stuff so they are in a better position to push without creating in-party turmoil down the road.

All this makes sense-- up to a point. Regardless of their super delegate status, the best possible thing these two men could do is keep their mouths shut and voice their support by pushing the lever for Obama.

As accomplished as they are, they are political liabilities to the Democratic party, and far more effective as private citizens.

And it's a good thing Dean will keep his mouth shut-- as far as I'm concerned he's a liability too.

Bill Clinton seems to be doing the best job in reversing his wife's good fortune.

One has to wonder if Billy really wants Hilly to win.

An interesting argument could be made that he might not.

A Hillary presidency would upstage Bill in the history books big time.

Billy has an ego that fills all of Arkansas when it comes to his own legacy.

And he may just enjoy living the rest of his life NOT enduring criticism and endless comparisons to his wife presidency.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:34 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
i managed to miss his rehash of the bosnia thing...

either way, he's been blowin' it quite a lot lately.

it's possible that yer right about that relationship. but, there may be something else to it.

i say that because pre-baypass bill and post-bypass bill are not quite the same person. and i know from personal experience that a quad bypass surgery absolutely takes it's toll and leaves you different than you were in a lot of ways. to name a few;

* memory and cogs kinda go to poopy town for a while. an example; for months after my op, i had real trouble remembering what things were called. not all the time, but many times a day. we were eating dinner and i did not have a, a, a, a uhh, uhh, &^%$! so i pointed at what i wanted...

a fork. Embarrassed

* where as i had been making my living either by singing (which was out of the question for a year + because my sternum kept rubbing together (were it was wired up) and cutting off notes) and talking, on the fly as they say, i kept losing track of where i was in a thought. if, that is, i could remember what i was trying to say. duhhh... singing lyrics was a double whammy.

* and another thing is that after bypass nearly all patients go through an extended period of being very, very quick to anger. sometimes it is semi permanent. very weird.

in any case, bill should probably start letting hil do what you call the heavy lifting, if she hasn't been already.

You've gotten to the meat of the t'mato here. Thanks for the pre-bypass-post-bypass explanation. I feel for you having to go through with all those changes.

As for Bill, the talking heads speculated he's undermining her campaign in a subconscious/passive-aggressive way. But your description seems far more likely. Especially considering he was sharp as president and now kind of dodders about.

This is an aside-- after Bill left office, had the surgery and re-emerged on the scene looking quite fit and relaxed, Vanity Fair ran an article about him and his life in New York. Bill'd sort of putter around his house in the morning, writing his book, etc., but by a certain hour he'd get restless, so he'd show up at the nearby elementary school to see a kids play, or whatever.

The author of the article took the viewpoint of "Aw shucks, he's just a regoolar guy who loves to be around people and kids, etc." But my specualtion was there were plenty 'o young mothers at the elementary school.
0 Replies

Gala

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 12:37 pm
real life wrote:
One has to wonder if Billy really wants Hilly to win.

An interesting argument could be made that he might not.

A Hillary presidency would upstage Bill in the history books big time.

Billy has an ego that fills all of Arkansas when it comes to his own legacy.

And he may just enjoy living the rest of his life NOT enduring criticism and endless comparisons to his wife presidency.

real life, look at My Favorite Martian's explanation...I'd sort of wondered along your train of thought, but then the above got posted and it seems far more likely.
0 Replies

coluber2001

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 01:13 pm
Advocate wrote:
For the good of the country, and the party, Hillary has to be persuaded to drop out. She has to be convinced that the country cannot stand to have another regressive president.

I'm thinking that you're right, and I like your term "regressive." Reactionary might be another applicable term.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 06:19 pm
coluber2001 wrote:
Advocate wrote:
For the good of the country, and the party, Hillary has to be persuaded to drop out. She has to be convinced that the country cannot stand to have another regressive president.

I'm thinking that you're right, and I like your term "regressive." Reactionary might be another applicable term.

i'm just curious... in what way do you find hillary to be regressive?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 06:20 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Gala wrote:

i knowwww!

Maybe Bill subconsciously wants her to lose.
0 Replies

DontTreadOnMe

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 06:23 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Gala wrote:

i knowwww!

ya never know. can't imagine why he'd want that though...
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:10 pm
Nah, Bill wants to be back in the White House - just as much as Hillary,
if not more.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:20 pm
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Roxxxanne wrote:
DontTreadOnMe wrote:
Gala wrote:

i knowwww!

ya never know. can't imagine why he'd want that though...

If its subconscious, it needn't be something he thinks he "wants", in his waking mind...

BUT, it isn't hard to imagine that sometimes people are driven by baser parts of their brains (and after all, we're talking about Bill drop-trou-in-a-New-York-minute clinton, here), and that their behavior might be ruled by petty jealousies and control issues.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Wed 16 Apr, 2008 07:33 pm
Many people have wondered If Bill subconsciously wants her to loose, after all this is not the political master we once knew. Others believe that his health problems have effected his political skills, say that he is much more emotionally unglued then he once was, which now gets the better of him. I believe the latter.
0 Replies