I Can't Wake Up

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:05 am
I am an active guy... I eat well, exercise... sleep, or I have... but I've been going downhill. I've stopped going to the gym I'm not geting anything done... all because I'm completely out of energy... I take supplements... I sleep at night... but I can't get up. I nap twice a day. I'm sleepy all the time. On my days off I barely get off the couch. I;m unmotivated because I'm physically worn out.

Any ideas?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,120 • Replies: 28
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:06 am
How long has this been going on?
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:07 am
Re: I Can't Wake Up
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I am an active guy... I eat well, exercise... sleep, or I have... but I've been going downhill. I've stopped going to the gym I'm not geting anything done... all because I'm completely out of energy... I take supplements... I sleep at night... but I can't get up. I nap twice a day. I'm sleepy all the time. On my days off I barely get off the couch. I;m unmotivated because I'm physically worn out.

Any ideas?

Get a sweet goofy dog like my new Maddy, who will raise your spirits.

BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:08 am
to one degree or another for several months...
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:08 am
Re: I Can't Wake Up
BumbleBeeBoogie wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:

Any ideas?

Get a sweet goofy dog like my new Maddy, who will raise your spirits.

BBB

a cat's enough thank you
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:09 am
Bear
Any connection with the living alone change in your life? Depression?

Is it time for a check up with your physician?
BBB
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:13 am
I'm not at liberty to consider that on these threads or I would be immediately called out as a whiner.... but I feel like my initial depression at that has faded a lot... so I think it's something else....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:13 am
Given the season and your recent lifestyle changes, I'd consider two possible culprits - allergies or a reactive depression.

Allergies can start anytime in your life, so you could have made it this far without them - but once they kick in - yikes. The excessive sleepiness is a famous spring symptom for a lot of people with allergies.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:23 am
Go see your frickin' doctor. Does the fatigue follow anything in particular? Verbal input, reading, arithmetic?

And get back to the gym.

And cut the cigarettes out again.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:25 am
I never suffered from allergies until I quit smoking and then for several years I had them badly.... my doctor said that's because I no longer had tar and ash clinging to my nasal hairs and allergens had a clear path to my sinus'. It went away for awhile, but I suppose that's a possibility...the pollen is unbelievable right now. Usually though I have problems with my singing voice to accompany seasonal allergies t and I'm not having any of those problems currently.

I really thought I was about over my depression, although on my best day I'm not exactly Pollyanna. Laughing
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:26 am
DrewDad wrote:
Go see your frickin' doctor. Does the fatigue follow anything in particular? Verbal input, reading, arithmetic?

And get back to the gym.

And cut the cigarettes out again.

I'm not smoking... what gave you that idea?

I'm tired 24/7. I can get to work and all though.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:27 am
Check your glucose levels, bear. When mine are elevated, I feel the same way, and I agree with dadpad. See your doctor.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:27 am
EhBeth's guesses make sense to me.

I definitely agree with DrewDad that it's time to see a doc...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:38 am
Sorry, something you posted made me think you'd taken up smoking again.

Also, exercise wards of depression. If you've stopped exercising, you could be getting a rebound depression.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:40 am
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I suppose that's a possibility...the pollen is unbelievable right now.

go out and grab some Tavist or its house-brand variant - take it for a couple days

~~~

do you do any caffeine?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:42 am
ehBeth wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
I suppose that's a possibility...the pollen is unbelievable right now.

go out and grab some Tavist or its house-brand variant - take it for a couple days

~~~

do you do any caffeine?

I've cut way back on the caffeine although I haven't completely given it up. I mean I don't even drink a cup of coffee everyday anymore and I was a big coffee drinker until about 6 weekd ago...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:45 am
ok - so you're detoxing from caffeine during allergy season

mmmmmmmm, you may be on to something

(I probably drink 2 - 3 times as much tea during spring allergies than I do any other time of year - I can't take the meds with caffeine in them, so just have to do the tea)
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 10:57 am
Quote:
I never suffered from allergies until I quit smoking and then for several years I had them badly.... my doctor said that's because I no longer had tar and ash clinging to my nasal hairs and allergens had a clear path to my sinus'

there are several non-medicinal , over the counter preparations that might help a bit : rhinaris and saltwater spray are two of them .
if you have a real allergy , better see your doctor at least once to get the right medication - because some make you even more tired !
i've suffered from allergies pretty well all my life and couldn't do without anti-allergy medication - i'd be a wreck .
taking "a pill a day" makes all the difference .
hbg
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 11:07 am
Anemia.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Thu 10 Apr, 2008 04:13 pm
adsding to noddy's entry :

Quote:
Exercise and Anemia

When "tired blood" slows you down.

A drop in athletic performance or a general feeling of fatigue may indicate you are suffering from anemia, a condition in which the production and amount of your red blood cells is below normal. Red blood cells which carry oxygen from the lungs to muscle tissues and organs are synthesized in the bone marrow Each cell lives for about 120 days in the circulation.

An adequate supply of these red blood cells is essential to physical activity and overall well-being. A low red blood cell count means less oxygen is being delivered to performing muscles. Because oxygen is essential to burn the calories used by muscles in aerobic exercise, this can have a direct effect on your ability to perform.

0 Replies