chipping teeth

Green Witch

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 03:33 pm
myheartisyours wrote:
I'm only 18 and I seem to be pretty healthy and strong, but last month, while eating a pancake, my two bottom chipped a little! I asked my dentist and she doesn't know why that would happen. I was eating with a plastic fork too, so it couldn't be the fork. And it didn't chip dramatically and really noticablely, but I do still feel the rough ridges where it chipped.

Could be a nutritional problem. Are you underweight? Do you think you have an eating disorder? Do you eat a well balanced diet with vegetables, protein, and dairy? Any drugs in your life? This should not happen to someone as young as yourself and you should see a doctor for a full work up. This could be a symptom of a much bigger problem.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:07 pm
(Tulip is offline right now - been a month - sure she well get back to report progress/other as soon as she can _ Izzie x)
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 05:18 pm
Hoping to hear from Tulip. She's been on my mind--and in my heart.
0 Replies

solipsister

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 09:35 pm
myheartisyours wrote:
I'm only 18 and I seem to be pretty healthy and strong, but last month, while eating a pancake, my two bottom chipped a little! I asked my dentist and she doesn't know why that would happen. I was eating with a plastic fork too, so it couldn't be the fork. And it didn't chip dramatically and really noticablely, but I do still feel the rough ridges where it chipped.

Get a new dentist, you probably grind them in your sleep.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 23 Jun, 2008 10:00 pm
One of my front tooth chipped about two months ago, so I asked my dentist if it's okay to just leave it. She said it was okay, so I'm leaving it as is.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 02:47 pm
Hi all am back and nashing at the bit!

Well the teeth are stable, just chipped a bit, have special cream that is supposed to help. I am eating ok, maybe too much wine but there you go! It's great to be on line.

Still grind the teeth a bit but that's life, just don't care now! I am bobbing along in my own way!

My little boy will be 11 on Tuesday, my daughter has turned 13 oh boy am I feeling old! But have a new puppy who is just scrumptious, and keeps us all going.

Life is life!!!
x
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 02:49 pm
Welcome back, Girl.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 02:55 pm
thanks RH lovely to hear from you X
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 14 Jul, 2008 07:32 am
Tulip--

Glad you're back on line.

Puppies are a combination of frustration and skilled therapy. Furthermore with a puppy in the house, there is always cheerful conversational material in the house.
0 Replies

ved3414

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 10:36 pm
Chipping teeth

I have same problem ...of chipping teeth .

My bone density is 86 % .

My Calcium is OK

Only change in my eating style was ...breaking the almonds with my front teeth.

I don t consume any soft drink , or any alcohol .

Hoever I have been taking sugar sweetner in my tea.

COULD EXCEESIVE TEA CONSUMPTION CAUSE LOSS OF TEETH ??
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 08:13 am
Possibly, but lemon (if you add it) can do a lot of damage. The acids can be as bad or worse than sugar.
0 Replies

jenlang

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 03:30 am
oh dear... ! but at least i have some of the answers.. the same thing has happened to me..two teeth chipped in one month.. i am extremely fit otherwise, gym everyday, to avoid things like bone density problems.. but i dont get much calcium i think, cos i dont eat red meat.. or drink too much milk.. only a little in coffee sometimes..is there any other form of calcium i could take other than tablets? im also 43...jennifer
jespah

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2008 04:38 am
@jenlang,
Nondairy calcium sources: http://www.keepkidshealthy.com/nutrition/calcium_non_dairy.html
0 Replies

Charle Goster

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2012 02:05 am
@Black tulip,
Hello Community,

There could be three reasons why your front teeth are chipping away, but none has to do with not getting enough calcium. One is your bite is putting a lot of pressure on the front teeth and your bite is not aligned to distribute pressure to all the teeth, have your bite looked at by your dentist. You might need as simple as a bite adjustment or as complicated as orthodontic work. Secondly, you might be a bruxer and you grind your teeth at night or when you are stressed, talked to your dentist you might need a night-guard. Or the chipping could be because of a habit like nail chewing, pencil biting etc.

Best Regards,
Charle Goster
0 Replies