voluntary rape

OmSigDAVID

Thu 3 Apr, 2008 06:49 pm
If 2 children find one another to be sexually attractive,
and thay make love to one another,
shud thay be convicted of raping each other, voluntarily ?
0 Replies

agrote

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 07:50 am
I've only just read this thread.

I can't quite understand why everybody was so outraged by what hawkeye was saying. His views might be wrong, but they don't seem very outrageous.

Even the book he mentioned, which he himself described as "controversial", doesn't seem very extreme (going by the amazon.com blurb). "Rape is primarily about sex"*... well duh!

Can anyone tell me what the fuss is about?

*I'm paraphrasing, of course.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 7 Apr, 2008 08:29 am
I join in your opinion.

Thay were like a lynch mob,
or a school of ad hominem piranhas.
I guess thay enjoy being like that; I can 't explain it.
Thay seemed to endeavor to make him as miserable as possible.

It is to his credit that
he held up well under their torment, tho.

David
0 Replies

blindsided

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 04:59 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
This is completely idiotic.

There is no such thing, given the examples above, of voluntary rape.

Rape is not voluntary . The author of this stupid article has obviously never BEEN raped so they do not understand the difference.

Trying to paint rape as simple as "regretting your decision in the morning" is bullshit and a truly offensive statement to women who HAVE been raped.

You can not pass of "rape" as a simple change of mind in the morning.
That is diminishing rape entirely.

Im surprised this blather was even published.

The thing is, some bitches "cry rape" the next morning even though they wanted the sex the night before. They can ruin a guys life just because they regretted having the sex.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:23 pm
blindsided wrote:

The thing is, some bitches "cry rape" the next morning even though they wanted the sex the night before. They can ruin a guys life just because they regretted having the sex.

See starting page 186 for more info:
here
0 Replies

JPB

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:35 pm
blindsided wrote:

so keep it in your pants.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:40 pm
Or date a better class of "bitches"...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Thu 10 Apr, 2008 05:41 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Fri 11 Apr, 2008 01:29 am
JPB wrote:
blindsided wrote:

The thing is, some bitches "cry rape" the next morning even though
they wanted the sex the night before.
They can ruin a guys life just because they regretted having the sex.

Yes; that WUD be safe sex; or safer sex ?

I don 't know anyone who has ever had this problem,
but, in theory, there remains the threat of pseudo-victims,
who complain deceptively to the police, perhaps alleging
that he wore "rubber" protection from leaving DNA evidence behind.
Sometimes an alleged rapist has been exonerted after many years in prison.

Such misadventures have been visible in the press.
0 Replies

The Lazy Revolutionary

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 01:52 pm
There can be no such thing as a voluntary rape as the nature of a rape is forcing someone into sex. If you willingly go into sex but later regret it, its not rape but a mistake. Difference
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:08 pm
The Lazy Revolutionary wrote:
There can be no such thing as a voluntary rape as the nature of a rape is forcing someone into sex. If you willingly go into sex but later regret it, its not rape but a mistake. Difference

Rape is currently defined in part as being the victim of coercion into sex, so your logic does not work. It also does not work because rape is defined in part as one partner being unable by law to consent to sex. Now if we went back to the old definition of rape being physically forced into sex, then your argument would work.
0 Replies

Chumly

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:15 pm
I gather "The Lazy Revolutionary" believes the will is simplistic and absolute, whereby it's polarized between two discrete states. This is of course false.

The will is not the equivalent of a discrete logic gate in which only two conditions are possible yes / no.
0 Replies

Francis

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:27 pm
Oh, yeah!

One could add:

Voluntary yes,
Voluntary no,
Voluntary maybe,
Involuntay yes,
Involuntary no,
Involuntary maybe,
Voluntary yes, if you force me.
Voluntary no, even if you kill me.
Voluntary maybe, if you inflict me pain.
Involuntary no, then you kill me.
Involuntary yes, as I cannot stand the pain..

And so on...
0 Replies

Chumly

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:37 pm
Do you intend to argue for the belief in free will? If so demonstrate whether, and in what sense, rational agents exercise control over their actions and decisions.

Or perhaps you intend to argue that the will is simplistic and absolute, whereby it's polarized between two discrete states.

In both instances you have yet to make a merited case.
0 Replies

Francis

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:43 pm
I do not intend to make a ex cathedra demonstration, which many fail to do, even on simple concepts.

My point is that voluntary rape is plain nonsense, an absolute silliness..

I see the notion you imply, it's maybe rape and it's involuntary for sure..
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 02:48 pm
Humans are much more irrational (both males and females) than most of us are prepared to admit. Sex is largely conducted outside of will, the ego is not in control of much of our sexual being. The whole concept of rape is a farce, we pretend that motive and will can be known by the participants. We are not only supposed to know our own, but also that of the other....sorry Charley, humans are not built that way.
0 Replies

Chumly

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 03:02 pm
Francis wrote:
I do not intend to make a ex cathedra demonstration, which many fail to do, even on simple concepts.

My point is that voluntary rape is plain nonsense, an absolute silliness..

I see the notion you imply, it's maybe rape and it's involuntary for sure..
In any case, I am against the imposition of one person's (or one group's) will on another person (or group) in general principle.

The arguments of freewill and The Lazy Revolutionary's belief that the will is simplistic and absolute, whereby it's polarized between two discrete states..........notwithstanding.

Should you wish to argue why one should / should not, could / could not uphold said general principle, within a given context, it might be fun.
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Sun 27 Apr, 2008 08:17 pm

Most everyone here will agree with you! Welcome to the forum but save your breath on this thread. There are a couple that just don't get it. So the best advice I think I can give you is to state your point and just walk away. Cuz you know you're right. :wink: And the rest doesn't matter anyhow.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 28 Apr, 2008 01:19 am
JPB wrote:
blindsided wrote:

Yes.
It appears to be the case that the ONLY legally safe practice
is to permanently discontinue any future sexual contact with any other person,
including spouses
(inasmuch as rape has been re-defined to include spouses).
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 28 Apr, 2008 05:50 am

I agree...100%

but did you know that having anal sex, even in a marriage.. where BOTH want it, is considered sodomy and is ILLEGAL in some states? Could even be considered rape according to some area laws here in the US.
0 Replies