My boyfriend is bi....

JPB

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 05:51 pm
JPB wrote:
I'll see if I can find the post and link it here...

This is the one I was thinking about...
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1906093#1906093
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 06:50 pm
tara444 wrote:
Thanks for all the advice you guys,

Noddy, wow amazing.

my other issue is this....does he need that masculine sexual satisfaction in his life if his bi....

That depends whether he is the top or the bottom in his gay relationships
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 27 Mar, 2008 07:03 pm
My point is that people will explore to understand themselves and may make choices on that.. if not immediately. Sometimes it's a long time later. Or if they don't there is other trouble to pay.

I'm not all that smart on this, haven't followed documents. I've some slight experience, but nothing to say re any categorization.

I also am not aware of how recent data shows how people with varied sexual interests mate over time.

I'll make a quick guess, if not well, not well, usually, but surely not always.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:35 am
JPB wrote:
He's either telling the truth or he isn't. I don't see how his sexual orientation sways his statements towards the lying end of the scale.

Because we (society as a whole) still view gays and bis as less than heteros.

Not everyone can be as evolved as we are JPB. :wink:
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:37 am
I just read that he is only 20, still a baby and just learning about his sexuality as an adult.

It could be experimental. It could mean he's gay. There are a lot of ways this could go.

I say more time too.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:38 pm
Well, I'm going to put a stop to all this . . . (and I fully expect to get lambasted for it, but I've got big shoulders . . .)

There is no such thing as "Bi" - Right now, he's acting sexually promiscuous and you are the "thing" for this week. Next week it will be something (one) else. And if you think you can "change" him, or "love" him so he won't stray, or "control" his sexuality, you are dead wrong.

You need to get away from him ASAP. Do it gently, if you must, but do it.

He is one confused dude, and you are going to get your heart broken, for sure.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 05:47 pm
The funny thing is that it doesn't even matter whether a person/people classify "bi" as a "real" sexual orientation or not.

The situation here is a young man who isn't ready to commit.

He may not even know who he is nevermind being able to handle the responsibility of being in tune with another person. Anyone. Male or female.

He's off right now in the never-never land of figuring himself out. Whether you want to be around for that or not is up to you.

Smart that you recognize your heart could take a bashing watching someone you care about with his feelings all up in the air.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:13 pm
There is such a thing as bi.

Kinsey et al weren't off the wall.

Yes, I've read at least some recent lit.

I'm at the hetero end (not denial far as I know) and see my friends/associates as a kind of fan shaped waft of light.

I don't know that Kinsey will work out to be right, over centuries. I'll certainly agree that we are all complex.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:16 pm
Oh, and mushy is right on, at the least, practicality.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 28 Mar, 2008 06:21 pm
Adding shortly, I have read articles re that no one is actually bi. (I read a lot, don't collect links.)

In my observation, plenty of people are bi. So what?

Perhaps we'll have surveys and tv shows.
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 07:07 am
I agree osso. It's a continuum.

Myself I know with no doubt that I fall somewhere closer to the middle but leaning heavier to a preference for men.

I'm not confused about my sexuality. I know what I like. And speaking only personally, my sexual preferences have had little to nothing to do with my ability or decision on the level of commitment I have been able to bring to a relationship.

There was no great conflict when I've met someone I like and care about and want to commit to them. At least, not when it comes to considering "hm, and you mean giving up not being with a woman ever again?!"

It's no different than giving up being able to be with another man when in a committed relationship.

Not saying there can't be conflict - I just think it has nothing to do with sexual preference and everything to do with what a person wants from relationships in general.

To me, the idea of a bisexual person being essentially unable to commit simply they like both sexes sexually is as ridiculous as assuming a homosexual man or woman can not commit because of stereotypical ideas of what a gay person is supposed to be.

It comes down to individual people, as always.
0 Replies

vikorr

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 03:47 pm
Depends - I think it's different for guys. I've known a number of gay guys, and a number of gay girls. A rather large percentage of the gay guys seem to have sex just for the sake of sex, while most of the lesbians I've known seem to be in a steady relationship. Admittedly, I don't know too much about either world, so my impression may not be accurate, but it seems the guys are much less into committed relationships...and given gay beats and the like, it seems bi guys may be similarly inclined. Bi girls seem to be a different kettle of fish.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sat 29 Mar, 2008 06:08 pm
I've dated bi-sexual women before. So that's kind of the inverse of this situation. I think there might be a space between the general behaivors of male and female bi-sexuals.

I think that it's ultimately about whether or not each other's needs are being met. The love may be present, but if you aren't able to become comfortable with the fact, or he isn't able to feel sexually gratified by just one sex, you may have to part on the grounds of practicallity.

T
K
O
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:38 am
mushypancakes wrote:
The funny thing is that it doesn't even matter whether a person/people classify "bi" as a "real" sexual orientation or not.

The situation here is a young man who isn't ready to commit.

DING DING DING DING DING!

We have a winner!

Agreed!!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2008 06:45 am
Mushy said the C word.

I'm outta here
0 Replies

mushypancakes

Reply Thu 3 Apr, 2008 07:32 am
lol.
0 Replies

jadedbeloved

Reply Sat 27 Jun, 2009 03:17 pm
@Bella Dea,
i can agree with that 100%... my boyfriend is bi, and he has done a lot more with guys than i have, but its not a problem. i know he loves me and he wont do anything to hurt me, including cheating. and as far as leaving me for a guy is concerned, the way i see it is if he can't be happy with me then i want him to be with whoever does make him happy. that's all that really matters to me.

i also think its actually kinda funny when we go walking in the mall and we both turn to gaze at the picture in hollister of the hot topless guy with a 6 pack =)

i have also had several bisexual boyfriends in the past, i think i'm subconsciously attracted to bisexual men or something. i never have seen a problem with it.
0 Replies