Seen these infomercials? Natural Cures – Trudeau

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 05:08 am
In my estimation, Ive seen the FDA become over politicized and , of late, being heavily influenced by industry, especially the large contingent of industries in the Flavors and Fragrances arena. Many of these companies are foreign but fully owned by large multinationals with HQs in the US. We look carefully at stuff from China but fail to be concerned about anti freeze in vanilla extract and ice cream ,and large amounts held in these non natural flavors in a gazillion products.
0 Replies

Sglass

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 05:14 am
Other than alcohol and vitamins, what were the other ingredients in Hadacol. I remember that it had a dark color and a very unusual taste kinda maybe like b vitamins.

What in the world was it supposed to cure?
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 09:38 am
From Wiki:
One of the tonic's unusual ingredients, "Diluted Acid Hydrochloric", is what is known as a "hydrochloric wash": a heavily diluted form of the acid that opens the arteries and allows the body's quicker absorption of the other ingredients, including the 12 percent alcohol "preservative".
mismi

Reply Tue 6 May, 2008 09:42 am
bookmark
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 12:25 pm
OK so the other day I turn the TV on and there is my favorite scam artist Trudeau. He is now peddling Financial Cures - of course what else to do in a down economy. He had a panel with him to discuss his books. And you know who were two of his panelists - two playboy bunnies.

No joke they were identified as play boy bunnies - Trudeau was serious talking some crap about financial cures and these airheads were asking him questions and acting astonished (badly acted of course) at his answers.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 08:43 pm
Trudea is the most abhorant of snake oil peddlars. He is a shameless one, bordering on sociopathology.
Linkat

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:19 pm
@JLNobody,
Love this article on it
http://fireyourboss.com/?tag=kevin-trudeau

And another
http://www.infomercial-hell.com/blog/2008/03/28/kevin-trudeau-tries-to-fool-people-into-thinking-they-are-watching-the-view/

The thing that amazes me is how many boneheads actually fall for this crap.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:52 pm
@squinney,
So, you drank some acid to counteract an acid stomach?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 09:55 pm
@quinn1,
Yeh, I got a drop of hydrochloric acid on my skin once. Had the scar for about thirty years.
JLNobody

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:34 pm
@ossobuco,
Wow, Osso, on a larger scale that's what happened to the Phantom (of the opera). You didn't have the scar when I met you.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:50 pm
@JLNobody,
Stares at right thumb...

as I can still see the scar from Margaret the Cat.. wrist to near elbow..

but no, the circle from the HCl is finally indiscernible to my admittedly bad eyes.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:52 pm
@ossobuco,
But we were rushed in the airport, JL, and you probably have better eyes.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 31 Jan, 2009 11:58 pm
@JLNobody,
So, JL, do you want your picture as an avatar? Or are you being quiet and wanting to be a bad abstract?

Or maybe one of your paintings, if we could work that out.. that would be trickier.

(sorry, slight tangent...)
JLNobody

Reply Sun 1 Feb, 2009 09:48 pm
@ossobuco,
No tangent at all, Osso. But how do I make an avatar?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 12:23 pm
My husband is at it again - now he is telling me that our toothpaste has antifreezze in it - anyone know about this? I tried to find it on snopes.com but couldn't.

With not working he is reading these cure books again. I tried to tell him about how this guy is a scam artist, but he still thinks Trudeau says some truths (which seeing he is copying stuff from other people I would imagine some of it is true).
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 12:29 pm
@Linkat,
There has beentainted Chinese toothpaste in 2007: NYT-report
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 12:37 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
So this is toothpaste from China - not from my tube of Crest I bought at the local CVS.
Linkat

Reply Wed 22 Apr, 2009 12:42 pm
@Linkat,
Sounds like this Trudeau gives you half truths in a sense. Something that is true, but not the full background around it.

What I am afraid of is that my husband will start buying all this homo crap that we don't have the money for - to save us from cancer and other diseases.
0 Replies