My Crazy Hurt finger/Passing out Day!

mrhunt

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 02:07 am
So i just thought id share with you all...figured the health Place might be right....IF not move it....

I was at my job and Got a large Pole About 20ft Long to pick a papaya with (google it if you dont know)...

Now while it looked ripe it was Rock hard on the inside and About the size of 2 bricks about 15 to 20 feet in the air......So ......

As im prodding it it falls and i Try to catch it......BIG MISTAKE...this thing comes down Directly On top of my right thumb Instantly Shearing the Nail away from the bed and Feeling like it compressed all the joints in my Thumb...

I suppose the Pain was too much to bear although you could barely see any injuries it was excruciating....I went and sat down Only to have it get worse and worse.....Pretty soon there was a loud buzzing in my ears and I couldnt hear much As well as Some odd tunnel vision with all the outsides being an extremely Bright Blurry white....

I was sitting at a high desk and suddenly just slumped over it knocking a buncha stuff over....all these people come over and are like "Omg,is he okay?!" and Generally start to make sorta A big deal over it...Calling my manager and other co-workers and i start to hear over the radio calls That im passing out and For people to go and help me.....Rather embaressing....

Then i start sweating BUCKETS like i look like i just got out of a shower type of sweating and afterwards shaking VERY Badly...It was ******* crazy yo....The pain lasted like that for a good 9 Hours of throbbing misery....

but i never actually lost conciousness even though i was very close to doing so.....So what was it? Was it shock That i went into From the pain? I mean....I think of owuld of rather broken my arm....It probally would have been less painful.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 645 • Replies: 3
No top replies

squinney

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:13 am
Damn! I 'bout passed out from the description.

I'd say from my nonmedical person point of view that yes, your body was wanting you to pass out from shock in order to not have to deal with the excrutiating pain at that moment. Too much to deal with, so the mind tried to shut down.

I woulda let it.

Nine hours? Hope you have some great meds now.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 24 Mar, 2008 05:17 am
I bought one of those things last week. I can tell you, it would hit the ground before I willingly got under it. Hope you are feeling better now.
0 Replies

mrhunt

Reply Tue 25 Mar, 2008 03:57 pm
Nah,I didnt go to the doctor as it wasnt necessary.....My fingers fine now though...Shoots.
0 Replies