Will McCain Get a Pass on Racist Video?

woiyo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:00 am
revel wrote:
woiyo wrote:
revel wrote:
You need to quit living in the past. In this day and age; women have to have some way of making a living whether they are married or not, most of time that means they need some kind of degree or training in order to do it. They do not have to depend on someone "taking care of them" no more than a man does.

Yea, I know, stay at home Mom's, caring and raising their children is beneath you. You expect the "village" to do that kind of un-important work, don't you.

Listen you really should not be so quick to generalized based on partisan beliefs. In any event; this is not about me or you but an outdated view expressed by McCain and echoed by you apparently.

Most of the time women have no choice but to work because it takes both partners in a relationship to be able have enough money to raise a family. Or some women might just want to be in the work place and that is ok too. It is also ok if women prefer and can afford to stay at home. My point which I raised in my previous two post remains the same. Women do have college degrees and are working so that is no excuse not to pay them as much as men get paid and women don't stay in their families just have someone take care of them. We are rational human beings every bit as a capable of taking care of ourselves on our own if we desire or have no choice. Unmarried women with children need help in getting started with help paying for day care and college or training. But on the whole young women today make career choices and go to college for it just as much as young men do and deserve equal pay for equal work.

There is nothing outdated about McCains honest remarks. You just refuse to accept the reality that in some parts of this country, there is a labor problem that is not being filled by women. I am not suggesting it should be , but I accept the reality that each individual makes choices and for you to make a blanket statement that ALL women go to college, is flat out wrong.

You perception of reality is out of touch, not McCain.
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 09:09 am
I never said "all women go to college." I said women go to college just as much as men do. Not all men go to college either.

Sure there are some jobs women are not filling; mines in general are down but women do not tend to fill those jobs as much as men. They do however fill jobs in the mines that do not involve hard manual labor such as accounting offices and such and they have been going to colleges and others such institutions to get degrees or training for it.

However that is not the main point which stands the same of which i have already said more than enough times and you have not brought forth a convincing argument. Those were outdated sexist remarks by McCain to suggest women need to get training or go to school rather than having equal pay or they have a hard time leaving their families if they don't have someone to take care of them.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 11:57 am
revel wrote:
I never said "all women go to college." I said women go to college just as much as men do. Not all men go to college either.

Sure there are some jobs women are not filling; mines in general are down but women do not tend to fill those jobs as much as men. They do however fill jobs in the mines that do not involve hard manual labor such as accounting offices and such and they have been going to colleges and others such institutions to get degrees or training for it.

Equal pay for equal jobs, I agree with. Accounting clerks, as you describe should warrent lower pay since the supply of accting clerks is greater than Mine Workers. Not to mention the risks.

However that is not the main point which stands the same of which i have already said more than enough times and you have not brought forth a convincing argument. Those were outdated sexist remarks by McCain to suggest women need to get training or go to school rather than having equal pay or they have a hard time leaving their families if they don't have someone to take care of them.

That's an opinion that you have formed that I do not agree with
0 Replies

revel

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 02:56 pm
woiyo wrote:
revel wrote:

Equal pay for equal jobs, I agree with. Accounting clerks, as you describe should warrent lower pay since the supply of accting clerks is greater than Mine Workers. Not to mention the risks.

That's an opinion that you have formed that I do not agree with

Yes but you have to get some kind of degree to get an accounting job so a woman who has a degree should make the same amount of money as a man who has a degree in accounting since both have degrees.

Quote:

source
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2008 03:54 pm
0 Replies