Will McCain Get a Pass on Racist Video?

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2008 08:37 pm
Racist video

The dog whistle antennae of the main stream media are finely tuned when they're talking about Democrats. It's the overt stuff from the GOP that seems to throw 'em.

So while I'd love to be proven wrong, I'm guessing we're not going to hear all that much about a McCain aide being "suspended" for pushing a YouTube of Obama, Wright and Malcom X that reinforces every racist attack currently in circulation. Says lobbyist Charles Black of the McCain campaign:

"What Sen. McCain has said repeatedly, is that these candidates cannot be held accountable for all the views of people who endorse them, or people who befriend them," Black said recently. "I don't think Sen. McCain wants to get in the middle of a discussion about Sen. Obama's former pastor, or his faith. He believes that people who endorse you, people who befriend you are entitled to their own views, but you are not held personally accountable."

Which is to say, McCain knows he can outsource this stuff and the beltway bores will never hold him accountable, so simply "suspending" the aide will be enough. David Broder saves his disappointment for those "missed opportunities" when McCain just does not crack the whip with those dang Iraqis. He won't lower himself to deal in the messy stuff.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,442 • Replies: 44
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 06:19 am
What does that video have to do with McCain?
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:49 am
Aide only suspended
0 Replies

paull

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:39 pm
Racism is, for instance, when one believes that the worst white man is better than the best black man.

I haven't seen the video, but if it calls into question O's pastor's odd statements, O's simpleton rejection of only the ones we don't like, and Michelle's weird statement, that isn't racist. Words matter. Even O said that, before he said they don't matter if whites say them. It may be that O has said some things that sound like Malcolm X. That wouldn't be a bad thing necessarily, because Malcolm was no dummy, and spoke the truth.......about the early 60's. No matter how blacks would still like to play the victim card, it isn't that time any more.

O would of course like to have it both ways, in a political sense. Yak about race all he wants, then shut down the discussion when it backfires. He is human in that way.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 02:44 pm
woiyo wrote:

Nothing, she's digging.

McCain will beat Obama in November and she's trying as hard as she can to keep that from happening.

I can't wait to see the Republican attack dogs tear him a new a$$hole.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Fri 21 Mar, 2008 07:27 pm
I get a kick out the importance that people place on Oprah and UTube. Fans of those two don't vote, anyway.

McCain WANTS to run against Obama.
Why should he mind-screw with the Dems now?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 10:14 am
Whenever I see Obama on the news, I squint trying to see the American flag lapel pin that so many other politicians wear. Am I missing seeing the lapel pin? If he doesn't wear one, what is the message?
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 10:43 am
Who cares if he wears a lapel pin or not? That's some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

McCain does not want to run against Obama. You are kidding yourself if you think that that's true. The enthusiasm gap will absolutely crush McCain. He's too old and slow to keep up...

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 10:53 am
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Who cares if he wears a lapel pin or not? That's some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard.

McCain does not want to run against Obama. You are kidding yourself if you think that that's true. The enthusiasm gap will absolutely crush McCain. He's too old and slow to keep up...

Cycloptichorn

What I said was:

Whenever I see Obama on the news, I squint trying to see the American flag lapel pin that so many other politicians wear. Am I missing seeing the lapel pin? If he doesn't wear one, what is the message?

So, I don't understand your above points, since I only asked two questions?

Perhaps, you think I was implying something? Please don't empower my questions with anything. I'm quite capable of using the English language correctly. I am a very literal Foofie.
0 Replies

Cycloptichorn

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 11:05 am
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

What I said was:

Perhaps, you think I was implying something? Please don't empower my questions with anything. I'm quite capable of using the English language correctly. I am a very literal Foofie.

Let me be more clear: there is no message by either wearing or not wearing a lapel pin. It's a piece of ornamental jewelry, nothing more.

Cycloptichorn
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 05:00 pm
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Nothing, she's digging.

McCain will beat Obama in November and she's trying as hard as she can to keep that from happening.

But, but - what about civility and debating the issues?
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 05:22 pm
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Nothing, she's digging.

What about it? You've never heard me whining about civility. I'm sure I've heard you whine of such things.

Anyway, my personal desires have no influence on the American political system. Nothing will change the tone of the attacks in America. You can keep hoping snood.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 05:29 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Nothing, she's digging.

What about it? You've never heard me whining about civility. I'm sure I've heard you whine of such things.

Anyway, my personal desires have no influence on the American political system. Nothing will change the tone of the attacks in America. You can keep hoping snood.

Just joshin', old buddy. Of course you don't care about any such nonsense. Civility - buncha foolishness...
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:06 pm
Cycloptichorn wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Cycloptichorn wrote:

Cycloptichorn

What I said was:

Let me be more clear: there is no message by either wearing or not wearing a lapel pin. It's a piece of ornamental jewelry, nothing more.

Cycloptichorn

No. There has to be a message, in context of so many other male politicians wear that lapel pin. I don't think an American flag lapel pin falls into the same category of all other ornamental jewelry, or we'd see men in other countries wearing that same American flag lapel pin.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 07:10 pm
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:
maporsche wrote:
woiyo wrote:

Nothing, she's digging.

Just joshin', old buddy. Of course you don't care about any such nonsense. Civility - buncha foolishness...

Are you just trying to rile me up snood? Just pickin a fight?

Is this one of those substantive posts that so many here think you spend so much time posting?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 08:42 pm
You really hurt me with talk like that, old pal. You know I have the highest of regard for you and your opinions and your thought-provoking, scintillating repartee'.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 08:45 pm
snood wrote:
You really hurt me with talk like that, old pal. You know I have the highest of regard for you and your opinions and your thought-provoking, scintillating repartee'.

So, to paraphrase; "yes"?
0 Replies

snood

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 09:25 pm
maporsche wrote:
snood wrote:

So, to paraphrase; "yes"?

See?!?? Who turns a phrase like you, my old and dear buddy!? What a gem you are. What a fortunate lot are we here at A2K, to be inundated by your edifying wisdom.
0 Replies

maporsche

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 09:35 pm
snood wrote:
What a fortunate lot are we here at A2K, to be inundated by your edifying wisdom.

My thoughts about you exactly Snood my friend.
0 Replies

yitwail

Reply Wed 26 Mar, 2008 09:58 pm
Foofie wrote:

as usual. late in joining the fray, but i think part of the message is (in the words of Dr. Johnson) "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel" (substitute politician for scoundrel, and it's not far off the mark, IMO)
0 Replies